SpursNetwork

Robbie Keane sale

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Robbie Keane sale
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2010, 12:43:32 PM »
I am not sure we will manage to get him off the books that easy due to two things. First his wages but most teams would be able to come close to what he is on so a settlement should be reasonable to reach.

Secondly the teams who will be in the market for him will either be struggling or have a striking one/pair in place. I doubt he would fancy a club who may just get rid of the manager soon after (Spanners, Fulham etc).

I think he will move as he clearly wants to play and isnt some mercinery bench warmer so hopefully a compramise on transfer/wages and his expectaions. Hopefylly doesnt come back to haunt us this season.

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2010, 10:43:13 PM »
Robbie and his stunning wife where on the late late show tonight..(Irish Chat Show)...he said him..harry and levy are going to sit down now in the new year and have a chat about his situation..dont rule him out staying put...that seemed to be what he was saying. 
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2010, 01:41:25 AM »
Thing is if he is to stay due to his getting on in years and wage he must be contributing directly to our effrots as he is not a development player for our future.

If there are no plans or intention for him to figure regulary for us then while we can still get a few quid he must be sold off and to save us wages!

I rate RK and apprecaite he efforst for our great club but its clear he can not serve a purpose for us anymore.  :santa_cry: :santa_cry: :santa_cry:
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2010, 12:19:01 PM »
Robbie and his stunning wife where on the late late show tonight..(Irish Chat Show)...he said him..harry and levy are going to sit down now in the new year and have a chat about his situation..dont rule him out staying put...that seemed to be what he was saying.

Robbie and his staining wife are hardly going to limit their options, and negotiating position, by saying that he is definately gonna go no matter what club asks and no matter what pittance of a wage they are gracious enough to offer...

so naive, its kinda cute.... almost.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 04:35:22 PM »
What ever and where ever you go Keano, i will salute you!!
COYS!

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 04:42:22 PM »
I reaaly would pref it wasnt to an EPL club though, as he still has a good season or to left in him and it would be just our luck it will come out against us!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2010, 06:46:43 PM »
hope Keano stays in the Prem.... cos he will do damage to the other clubs far more than against Spurs.... after all, we do have...

Dawson  :santa_cheesy:

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2010, 10:55:04 PM »
I reaaly would pref it wasnt to an EPL club though, as he still has a good season or to left in him and it would be just our luck it will come out against us!

Thats true, but you know if Robbie was to score against us he would probably be cheered by us, and he wouldn't celebrate either - that for me just shows the integrity of the man. A true THFC Legend in my eyes
COYS!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2010, 10:06:17 AM »

Thats true, but you know if Robbie was to score against us he would probably be cheered by us, and he wouldn't celebrate either - that for me just shows the integrity of the man. A true THFC Legend in my eyes
That is true - when he was doing his cartwheel celebration he never performed it after having scored against his former clubs.

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2010, 11:31:31 AM »
He can go as long as its not Sunderland. Somehow sunnyland have a knack on getting goals from our ex-players especially against US!

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2010, 03:20:04 PM »
IMO Keane is the best striker on our books.  He's just let us and himself down.  He's only 30.  He should be at his peak and he looks like an old man.

The only way to get RK firing again is to constantly play him.  It's the only way he is going to get sharp because whatever he is doing off the pitch/in training is making him look a shadow of his former self.

But why should we have 2 or 3 games with 10 men waiting for him to get his fitness back?  There is a certain culture at Spurs that has given us this soft center.

With the Lennons, Keanes, Huddlestones, Huttons, Defoes, O Haras, Bentleys of the team:  they tend to take a quater of a season to recover form after injuries.

Real class players like King and VDV can come back and have instant impact.  IMO it's time to get rid of this soft core of super talented but mentally weak underachievers.

We need less party boys coasting on their gifts, and get more Carricks and Davids in.  Steel trapped minds who do anything to improve/fight for the cause.

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2010, 04:19:33 PM »
IMO Keane is the best striker on our books.  He's just let us and himself down.  He's only 30.  He should be at his peak and he looks like an old man.

The only way to get RK firing again is to constantly play him.  It's the only way he is going to get sharp because whatever he is doing off the pitch/in training is making him look a shadow of his former self.

But why should we have 2 or 3 games with 10 men waiting for him to get his fitness back?  There is a certain culture at Spurs that has given us this soft center.

With the Lennons, Keanes, Huddlestones, Huttons, Defoes, O Haras, Bentleys of the team:  they tend to take a quater of a season to recover form after injuries.

Real class players like King and VDV can come back and have instant impact.  IMO it's time to get rid of this soft core of super talented but mentally weak underachievers.

We need less party boys coasting on their gifts, and get more Carricks and Davids in.  Steel trapped minds who do anything to improve/fight for the cause.

Seriously Gareth you need to try harder.

Soft core. Lmao

I think you will find that recovery time from injury depends on the type of injury. Look at Fat Frank, quick healer but missed months with a nothing injury.

Keep them coming.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2010, 05:04:24 PM »

Seriously Gareth you need to try harder.

Soft core. Lmao

I think you will find that recovery time from injury depends on the type of injury. Look at Fat Frank, quick healer but missed months with a nothing injury.

Keep them coming.

you seem to be fixated on Moi Tache'baby..... think this not the 1st time you've exposed your paranoia recently  :santa_grin:

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 05:41:32 PM »
They have reported today that he is officially in talks with Birmingham City, good luck to him and i wish him all the best. Also i hope we get a nice fee aswell! YID ARMY

Offline OL'BOLTY

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 06:42:34 PM »

Nice to see Gibbs displaying the form that made him so hugely popular on SC.......... :santa_rolleyes:
EL PRESIDENTE