SpursNetwork

Robbie Keane sale

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
Robbie Keane sale
« on: December 04, 2010, 12:50:31 AM »
I just read an article where Redknapp is quoted saying RK wants to go, he'll be allowed to go and it will be a permanent move. No more loan deals.

He's been a great player for us, but I think it's definitely time for him to move on.

"And probably the hardest decision I had to make was last week: I couldn't get him on the bench. And, believe you me, it wasn't easy for me.

We're playing Liverpool and I played Van der Vaart. I'm playing one striker with him, Crouch, so I've got Defoe and Pavlyuchenko. I can't get three strikers on the bench.

"I had to leave Robbie out the squad, which was very, very difficult. It wasn't easy when you respect somebody and what a good player he is or has been. It was hard, because he's still a good player.

"It wouldn't be a loan, it would be a permanent move. No way. If he is going to move he has to move (permanently). But he would do a great job for someone."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Robbie-Keane-tells-Tottenham-he-wants-to-quit-in-January-and-Niko-Kranjcar-could-follow-him-out-the-exit-door-article643625.html#ixzz176EuzipJ
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
Re: Robbie Keane sale
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 07:10:48 AM »
No suprise he wants to go. He's not been the same since his return from Liverpool. He'll do a good job for somebody, apparently Villa and the Hammers are interested. I dont think we will make it hard for him to leave but we cant just give him away I'm thinking 6-8 million which is still a loss on what we paid the scousers.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 07:20:46 AM »
About time i think, he hasn't been the same since he left and Berbatov left. Better him and us if he leaves, we can use the money for somebody else

Offline Tony123

• Hero: Hoddle
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 08:05:41 AM »
Thanks Robbie but it's time for you to move on - he's been a great player for us.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 11:28:07 AM »
Gutted, but his time has come to move on. He's not playing so it inevitable really
COYS!

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 12:35:34 PM »
Keano.............. 6m
Bentley.............6m
Dos Santos.......5m
O'Lloyd..............4m (?)
Senor Bale........30m
Crouch/Pav.........8m

quite the war-chest...... for Benzy, Babel, Downing/Capel, Bongho, Bridge ??

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 02:20:40 PM »
You and me both know that that many transfers (6 players out and 5 in!!) won't be happening in January Martin.
COYS!

Offline OL'BOLTY

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 02:32:11 PM »
BRIDGE???!!! God, I REALLY hope not
EL PRESIDENTE

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 02:46:13 PM »
I dont expect all those deals to go ahead, maybe half with luck... then again, if a big-domino topples at Spurs (or elsewhere) 1st there might be even more than anticipated...

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 03:03:03 PM »
Yes - we need to keep Dos Santos interested as he has huge potential

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 07:44:25 AM »
Yes - we need to keep Dos Santos interested as he has huge potential

I doubt that will be possible. Dos Santos is a quality player but he cant get anywhere near the starting eleven at the moment. Similar situation to Taraabt who was another good player who didn't really fit. We will no doubt off load him and then live to regret it.

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 06:31:17 PM »
Dos Santos was doing fine until his injury. I think Arry might want to keep him as a replacement for Bentley but who knows. Id love for him to stay, he is a class act and it all went downhill after that CC Game.

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 07:50:24 PM »
Bassong said today that he would consider a move to PSG if they came into contact with him because he is a fan since a young age and has become fustrated with being down the pecking order. Shame because lately hes been doing well and yesterday he had a good game. Wouldnt want to see him go.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 08:52:10 PM »
Bassong said today that he would consider a move to PSG if they came into contact with him because he is a fan since a young age and has become fustrated with being down the pecking order. Shame because lately hes been doing well and yesterday he had a good game. Wouldnt want to see him go.

We need Bassong with the situation with Woody and King (as for woody i think we need to cut our losses now)

He's a decent defender, who has all the attributes to be play in this league for years to come. I was delighted to see him get a run out yesterday  - thought he played well and took his goal nicely. He's young, so when Gallas moves on hopefully he'll still be around...
COYS!

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 12:57:17 AM »
RK just wont get the chances, he is past his best or at least thats how he has looked since returning from scouse.

We wont get much for him, but his wage and transfer fee would be better invested back into squad additions.

He was a great servant to us but after Berbatoss went and RK joined another one of his boyhood clubs he isnt the same effective player anymore.  Would pref to see him shipped out of the EPL though.

We dont want to be loosing bassong he has a carrer with us! him and Daws our 2 central defenders
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!