SpursNetwork

Lennon eyes improvement

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Lennon eyes improvement
« on: March 31, 2007, 11:28:47 AM »
Tottenham winger Aaron Lennon believes there is still more to come from him.

The former Leeds youngster has established himself as a key member of Martin Jol's side over the last 12 months.

Lennon has also become a regular in the England fold, but the flying winger insists there is still room for improvement in his game.

"There is always room for improvement," said Lennon. "As a kid I always tried to improve on everything - movement, left foot, crossing, finishing.

"I have that expectation of me to change a game, to create a goal or score a goal. It's part of my game so I have to deal with the expectation."

The 19-year-old has set his sights on helping Spurs win the Uefa Cup as they look to end the season with some silverware.

Spurs face Sevilla in the quarter-finals next month and Lennon believes they should be targeting reaching the final at least.

"Our only chance of winning something is the Uefa Cup and with the squad we have we've got a chance to make it at least to the final," added Lennon.

"The club want to win a trophy and the players want to win a trophy, so the Uefa Cup is the main thing."

This kid will be one of our great players in years to come, just needs to work on his final ball and goalscoring. But he's still young and has plenty of time to work on his game.

Lennon eyes improvement
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 11:35:55 AM »
he looked so good for england i think. he should deff be an england regular.

Lennon eyes improvement
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 01:12:17 PM »
This kid is gonna be so bloody good, whether he will be more affective on the right or in a free role remains to be seen.

Block:51 Row:8 Seat:116[/SIZE]

Offline COYS

Lennon eyes improvement
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 07:47:05 PM »
he has so much potential, i think he plays to the best of his ability when he's on the right, and he proved that playing for england. But next season if he works on his left footed cross then theres no reason why he couldn't play left all the time.
Berba > God

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Lennon eyes improvement
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 08:12:57 AM »

"There is always room for improvement," said Lennon. "As a kid I always tried to improve on everything - movement, left foot, crossing, finishing.

couldnt have worked that hard on his crossing lol

Lennon eyes improvement
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 10:49:40 AM »
imo he really needs to sort out his  crossing and learn to beat defenders in more than one way.  If anyone saw him for England the other night, he always cut outside on his right.  If those defenders were prem quality he would have had an awful game.