____

West Brom

Barclays Premier League - 0st Jan  - KO 15:00  - Ground: White Hart Lane

« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 03:54:42 PM by Biggs »

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v West Brom
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 03:49:49 AM »
I couldn't really tell if we were just s**t in the second half or West Brom were really good. That's more like it though! Dominating without scoring (more) and then getting completely outplayed.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 08:30:11 AM »
Worrying thing for me is that in two games it is hard to find a player who played badly. They all seemed to have good games, plenty of effort and heart but very little to show for it.
We are still weaker that we were last season. Vertonghen looked good until Albion unleashed the beast then he just looked nervous.
Player I feel for right now is Defoe. What is he supposed to do? Run around and hope like hell he gets lucky.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 11:23:13 AM »
We played at home against West Brom and started with two defensive midfielders, AVB brings in Van der Vaart but drops Sigardsson (arguably our best player last week) and we start with one up front and he starts with Defoe !!!!

Why buy Adebayor and leave him on the bench even if he wasn't match fit start with him and take him off after an hour after we have a good solid lead. We should of been playing with Sigardsson and Van der Vaart behind Adebayor and Lennon and Bale out wide got ourselves 2 or 3 up then bring on Defoe and rest Adebayor and then bring on another defensive midfielder for Van der Vaart of Sigardsson to shut up the midfield.

From what I saw if it wasn't for Friedel we would of been played two and zero points our defence looks absolutely pitifull as soon as any pressure is applied to them and our defending from the corners at the end was Keystone cop like all that was needed to sum it up was Oliver Hardy proclaiming "That's another fine mess you got us into Andre !!!!".

Anyone out there that still thinks that AVB is still the man to take us to the next level take a look at his last substitution ....... Jermaine Jenas !!!!!!!

:nope:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 05:39:26 PM »
Played two matches and got a point.

Better start than last season under Harry!!! :D

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 05:56:46 PM »
Played two matches and got a point.

Better start than last season under Harry!!! :D

Thank god for that cos I just thought we were s**te compared to last year  !!!!
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion