• Season Ticket: No
Tottenham 0-1 Real Madrid
« on: April 10, 2011, 10:53:18 AM »

Tottenham
____

v
____

Real Madrid

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final - 13th April 2011 - KO 19:45  - Ground: White Hart Lane

« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 07:03:24 PM by Biggs »

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
Re: Tottenham v Real Madrid
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 11:23:45 AM »
Ok I was going to start a new topic but I'll do it here instead......... there may be the slightest glimmer of hope for the return match at the Lane against Real !!!!!

Before everyone laughs hysterically at me and order me a straight jacket heres my thinking.....

On saturday 16th that's next saturday Real Madrid play Barcelona at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium ..... part two of the el clasico. Hopefully Mourinho will have one eye on this match as if they can win it they will give themselves a chance albeit a small one of catching Barcelone in La Liga. Maybe he may be tempted into resting or starting with a weaker team than he would normally do thinking that 4-0 would be too much of a lead for us to overhaul, and Real don't have a great record away from homethis season in the CL.
  Also we have some important players back in contention in Huddlestone and Kaboul, and perversley the suspension of Crouch may well help the cause also. With a bit of luck 'Arry may well be forced into picking a side similar to this...

Gomes

Kaboul          Gallas      Dawson     BAE

Lennon      Huddlestone   Modric    Bale

Van der Vaart

Pavyuchenko

Now with a fair wind behind us a huge slice of luck etc etc etc and an early goal or two maybe we could put the wind up them a bit and who knows 2-0 at halftime maybe it could be on.

OK OK now you can call me a mad fool, a hopeless romantic, the ultimate optimist or for me just to take off my Spurs tinted glasses but I just think we may have more of a chance than we may think !!!!!

I know its clutching at straws and hoping beyond hope but ............

8D
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 12:05:46 PM »
5-1 and we'll go out on away goals  :ohyeah:
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline PaulInRome

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 12:37:51 PM »
I wish I could be as hopeful as ugs, but watching Etherington run half the length of the pitch to score yesterday made me wonder what we'd do against Ronaldo if he's given any space. I only hope we play as well as we can, perhaps sneak a win, and go out with heads held high.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 01:49:32 PM »
don't forget the possibility of extra time. 4-0 and it will go ET.

Glad to have Hudd and Kaboul back for this, they would both start for me.

think im confused about is, should we go for a 442 or a 451

im leaning towards 442

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 03:55:11 PM »
If we go 442 we will have to drop Van der Vaart and play Defoe !!!

:nope:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 09:11:25 AM »
depends on Lennon i suppose.

He wasn't on the Bench for the stoke game, maybe he is still ill

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 09:40:15 AM »
Anyone know the odds for us to win 5-0? :D

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 05:02:22 PM »
The talk in Spain is that Madrid will rest a few of their big guns for the Spurs game. trouble is, they could well park 10 outfield players behind the ball and just sit it out. Lets hope we have Lennon back, as our two wingers must give us something to watch!

Offline dublinboy99

• Hero: Hoddle
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 08:17:52 PM »
If this was Chelsea or Ars*nal no chance but this is SPURS, expect the unexpected!!!  Can we win?  Maybe. Spanish teams panic when they go a goal or two down. For once I think we should go for an aerial assault with Crouch & Pav.  Maybe we will get the "home" ref this time?  An odd penalty or two, a sending off before half time and who knows !!!  We deserve a bit of luck and we are long overdue to score 5 or 6? I BELIEVE !!!!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 10:22:58 PM »
If this was Chelsea or Ars*nal no chance but this is SPURS, expect the unexpected!!!  Can we win?  Maybe. Spanish teams panic when they go a goal or two down. For once I think we should go for an aerial assault with Crouch & Pav.  Maybe we will get the "home" ref this time?  An odd penalty or two, a sending off before half time and who knows !!!  We deserve a bit of luck and we are long overdue to score 5 or 6? I BELIEVE !!!!

Crouch is suspended !!

Offline dublinboy99

• Hero: Hoddle
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 09:14:21 AM »
Ooppps, forgot about Crouch !!!  Can we get Defoe a pair of high heels !!  Maybe Bale could play centre forward, like Roy of the Rovers !!! COYS

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 11:05:52 AM »
I think its just a case of being proud that we have got this far and that we have Real Madrid at the Lane. These are the nights we all wanted, and we have had a good jaunt in Europe. Our name is one that I am sure will have been noticed now. We just have to enjoy the atmosphere but not expect anything from this game and not risk players getting injured by trying too hard. Our emphahsis has to be the EPL and at least demonstrating an attempt at getting a top 4 berth again - although this is still looking suspect with the games left for us and City, despite City's result at Liverpool - our hope has to be that Tevez is out for the rest of the season as I can see City imploding if that is the case and then we have a chance. As long as we give it a real go, get the results and place the Blackpool/Wolves/Hammers/Wigan games in the bin marked "distant memory" I will be proud to be "the best of the rest". But we have to give it a go!

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 06:38:53 PM »
Well, despite last weeks results in Spain, these are the nights we have dreamed of and it doesn't get much bigger than entertaining Madrid at WHL. Harry says he will attack and give it a go, and so the only way Spurs can get a foothold in this game is to come out of the blocks fast in the hope of snatching an early goal, then hoping it unsettles the Spaniards. However, such a plan has its drawbacks as it will allow Madrid to counter and that is where they can be very dangerous if they are given too much space in which they can deploy their unmistakably fantastic skills. If Spurs are going to push hard, they must not leave any space in midfield, so I see the wingers and Modric pushing up with the strike-force and Huddlestone with our defence line move up as well. If an attack is broken down and our midfield isn't there to clear or attack a loose ball, Madrid will exploit the opportunity and have Spurs running backwards. All in all though, lets hope Spurs give a good account of themselves for British football and provide a boost for the remaining Premiership games inorder to grab a CL berth for next season.

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »
Harry's certian;y put out a strong side tonight : - Charlie and Lennon playing too. Team is Gomes, Corluka, Gallas, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Huddlestone, Modric, Bale, Van der Vaart, Pavlyuchenko. Subs: Cudicini, Kaboul, Jenas, Defoe, Bassong, Kranjcar, Sandro.