SpursNetwork

Our next manager

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
Our next manager
« on: February 15, 2011, 05:53:50 AM »
It seems to be more and more inevitable that Redknapp will be our next England manager. Since he's taken over we've had some really fantastic results. We've had some bad ones as well and at times I'm sure we've all gotten upset and forgotten just how inconsistent we used to be. Redknapp has worked wonders for us. Despite what our resident troll and self-proclaimed "enlightened" football prodigy would have us think, Redknapp has made a determined team out of a fantastic squad of predominately attacking footballers.

Apparently going a goal down only upsets our players now and makes us more likely to win. I love that. I really do love that. It reminds me of United in the 90s. I realize they haven't changed all that much and still do it, but back then it seemed silly to think that they would lose even if they conceded a goal. I think perhaps more than anything else, that's what I appreciate most about Spurs under Redknapp. With that said it seems inevitable that he's going. I have no idea why, considering the level of abuse he'll be likely to receive as England manager, but I can respect his wishes. To be honest, I do think he's the best man for the job and if I didn't support Spurs I would be all for him taking the job. I can imagine England winning the first game under him with a flurry of goals... "I just told them to kick the ball around and have a go at it."

Who do you think good candidates are to replace Redknapp? This is obviously hypothetical and of course I mean after we win the Champions League and upset the bookies by winning the Premier League this season.  :up:

I'm not sure that Jenas is quite ready for a player/captain/manager role just yet.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
Re: Our next manager
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 06:01:59 AM »
Id say we go for Mourinho! He wants to return in the not so near future so i guess why not? I would very much prefer 'Arry to stay but if he does go theres no one better than ze "Special One"

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 10:42:09 AM »
after Ramos, imperative its someone who speaks the native language of the indigenous tribes of Albion..

someone who is internationally renowned and respected as a coach.... someone who plays open attacking football..... someone who can offer leadership and mentoring to good young players especially..... someone who the WHL crowd can warm to quickly...... someone who knows the Premiership and managed in it well...... someone who speaks other languages who can communicate with foreign players....someone who has experience of coaching in other high-level European leagues...... step forward....

Marin Jol  :up:

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 10:46:45 AM »
David Moyes. YID ARMY

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 10:49:32 AM »
Ian Holloway

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 11:00:21 AM »
both Moyes and Holloway are reactionary pinheads.... they need to stay at their very parochial level they manage at currently...

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 01:00:30 PM »
Owen Coyle would be the man for the job. Great at man management and can spot a player.

I actually dont think HR will get the England job unless court cases etc get a clean bill of health. I think you will just get Steve MaClaren back  :lol:

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 01:22:49 PM »
As much as I would like it I dont think Jol would come back as long as Levy is at the club and am pretty sure Levy aint on his xmas card list :o

I hate Mouriniho, the big headed pile of smarm that he is.............but I would love to see him manage us as he gets results..... my big concern would be that he seems a bit of a mercenary as far as manager goes... Comes in does the job then off again.... and style of play can be a bit wanky too.

Main pref lets keep Arry for a while, even though he flaps his gums way too much, writes for The Sun and makes some weird decisions sometimes that back fire overal he has done wonders for our club, players and team development!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 02:23:08 PM »
No way Jose to expensive and would not work well within our wage structure as it is currently. Jol would be great but as has been said will not get a chance with Levy here. None of the current crop of young English managers really excite me, so we will probably go foreign, maybe Cappello he'll be at a loose end. Or maybe by then Beckham will fancy a crack at management. God theres a thought. Imagine the media circus that would attract. O.k Holloway it is then  ::)   

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 02:50:27 PM »
I agree on Jol not coming back because of Levy. I'd like to see him back, though. But there is Jol's sidekick Chris Hughton who could be tempted.

Offline OL'BOLTY

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 02:50:57 PM »
Owen Coyle would be the man for the job. Great at man management and can spot a player.

I actually dont think HR will get the England job unless court cases etc get a clean bill of health. I think you will just get Steve MaClaren back  :lol:

Could be worse....could be George Burley.... :lol:
EL PRESIDENTE

Offline JohnLaceysDiscopants

• Hero: GLENN HODDLE
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 03:06:22 PM »
martin o neill would be a great manager for spurs when harry goes to england . he;d be ideal in terms of finding the right balance between defence and attack .i;ve no doubts messers o neill robertson and walford would be fantastic for us .

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 03:18:19 PM »
I agree on Jol not coming back because of Levy. I'd like to see him back, though. But there is Jol's sidekick Chris Hughton who could be tempted.
Well he has gone on to do pretty well, but less we forget he was also chucked out when Mr Jol left after giving years of service. Wouldn't blame him if he told Levy where to shove it if he was offered the job. 

Offline patt

• The Real Martin Jol
  • Hero: Gazza
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 01:27:18 AM »
Peter Reid?

:up:

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 10:44:21 AM »
not sure Jol is a no-goer..... I think Jolly is not the sort to hold a grudge and even stated when he left that he could still see himself managing Spurs in the future....