SpursNetwork

One of the best days of the season!

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
One of the best days of the season!
« on: May 15, 2011, 06:49:31 PM »
Been to Liverpool for the past 10 years and we've finally won! Harry got the team spot on today. Luka needs to be in the middle and Pienaar adds more defensively.

Ledley king when fit is the best defender in England. "Ledley King what a f**king ledge" "he's only got one knee he's better than John Terry oh ledley ledley"

Atmosphere was top class. Some chants towards west Ham:

"shame about the West ham do do do"
" At least you've got a massive ground"
"always look on the bright side of life"
"West ham we hope you never return"
"Welcome back agent Keane!"
"we win, scum lose and west ham go down! What a day!"

My favourite even though it doesn't go:
"Tottenham going Europe, West Ham going Brighton! Lalala.

COYS!

"
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: One of the best days of the season!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 07:18:18 PM »
What so now 'Arry the best thing since sliced bread sheeeeeshhh.

I give up, if we don't get a result against the Bluenoses next week then it'll be 'Arry out again.

:-\
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 07:25:39 PM »
Where did I say he is the best thing? I said he got the team spot on today?

It would be typical of Spurs to go and lose next week!
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 07:43:31 PM »
Birmingham have to get a result, so it will be an interesting game, but come on, its Brum - we should walk it!

Offline pieboy

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 08:13:11 PM »
Birmingham have to get a result, so it will be an interesting game, but come on, its Brum - we should walk it!

Man U  with19 league championships under thier belt only manage to get a draw agains a Blackburn fighting relegation.

So What makes you think we should walk it?

Offline JohnLaceysDiscopants

• Hero: GLENN HODDLE
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 08:18:52 PM »
on todays evidence and in fairness recent displays albeit not recent results coupled with mc leish stating they need to go for win and its in fortress whl suggests a comfortable win for the spurs to finish season on a great note  :up:

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 08:25:49 PM »
Great performance, Harry got it right today. We had tempo and gile with that cutting edge we have lacked over the recent months. Oh it was nice to get a slice of luck with the penalty decision.

Well playe lads!

A final day win at the lane vs Brum and it's the Europa league for us. I think the lads will want to win the Birmingham game (knowone goes into a game to lose) on that note, Birmingham will be no push over, they are a very defensive team who look to hit on the counter (something we are very prone to at WHL due to our attacking tactics). I am hoping we can get an early goal which my change the complexion of the game.

So in the event of a spurs win, the  Europa league may not be the ideal situation next season with the thursday-Sunday game set up. But I'm sure the club  will take Europe over no Europe. Plus that may attract new players. Again Europe will be better than no Europe.

We can always give the fringe/younger lads a chance to impress in the Europa league
COYS!

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »
It makes me feel so much more comfortable with King playing. Can't we inject his knees with stem cells or something?!?
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 08:55:22 PM »
He can have mine!  :D
COYS!

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 09:11:31 PM »
It's such a shame about Ledley.

The streaker today should be pressing charges against Reina and Lucas!

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 09:49:47 PM »
Missed the streaker bit what happened? Oh and what a player ledley king is. Have to say with him playing and gomes missing i dont feel at all nervous watching games. I sense the other defenders seem a lot more confident when gomes isnt there as well.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 09:59:59 PM »
Didnt see the game, the result was a pleasant surprise and against the form of both teams!

To top it off a clean sheet away and at Anfield!

Well played the lads again looking back at what could have been this season!

COYS
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 11:01:01 PM »
Missed the streaker bit what happened? Oh and what a player ledley king is. Have to say with him playing and gomes missing i dont feel at all nervous watching games. I sense the other defenders seem a lot more confident when gomes isnt there as well.

Streaker got on the pitch and no stewards could catch him until Reina and Lucas put him on the floor.

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 11:48:40 PM »
Been to Liverpool for the past 10 years and we've finally won! Harry got the team spot on today. Luka needs to be in the middle and Pienaar adds more defensively.

Ledley king when fit is the best defender in England. "Ledley King what a f**king ledge" "he's only got one knee he's better than John Terry oh ledley ledley"

Atmosphere was top class. Some chants towards west Ham:

"shame about the West ham do do do"
" At least you've got a massive ground"
"always look on the bright side of life"
"West ham we hope you never return"
"Welcome back agent Keane!"
"we win, scum lose and west ham go down! What a day!"

My favourite even though it doesn't go:
"Tottenham going Europe, West Ham going Brighton! Lalala.

COYS!

"

It will be even better if we draw against Brum and Liverpool beat Villa. Then we won't be in that bloody Europa cup !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 11:53:29 PM »
Wrong mate. We"ll get in Europa via fair play which means we start a month earlier which is even worse. 5th is simply the best place to finish.