SpursNetwork

£4.5 Million for Mido

£4.5 Million for Mido
« on: May 03, 2007, 05:56:38 PM »
Surly have cant be right

Just donig a bit of research and thats what we paid for him????

Surly he aint worth that much?

Saying that we paid £2.2 for Rasiak

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
£4.5 Million for Mido
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 06:02:37 PM »
that is alot for a striker that has done nothing.

and rasiak :lmfao: he wernt worth 10p

£4.5 Million for Mido
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 06:05:05 PM »
Quote from: Biggs;6844
that is alot for a striker that has done nothing.

and rasiak :lmfao: he wernt worth 10p

Typical Spurs fan...

Funny how he had a great season last year, linked up well with Defoe/Keane and scored goals, hardely his fault that we've got in a striker that can get into any team in the world is it?

If another side got him for £4.5m and he was a regular, thats a bargain IMO considering he's still farely young.

Your ignorance amazes me...

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
£4.5 Million for Mido
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 06:08:01 PM »
Quote from: Reece_Spurs;6846
Typical Spurs fan...

Funny how he had a great season last year, linked up well with Defoe/Keane and scored goals, hardely his fault that we've got in a striker that can get into any team in the world is it?

If another side got him for £4.5m and he was a regular, thats a bargain IMO considering he's still farely young.

so your telling me that you don't think Mido has been a failure ?

if so how has he erned the price tag of 4.5m?

with strikers they HAVE to score goals if they don't their price tag will not go up and for some one who doesn't score no more than 4 goals a season i do not think is worth 4.5m

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
£4.5 Million for Mido
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 06:12:58 PM »
Last season when Mido was our number 1 target man he was brilliant and scoring goals. It is extremely tough for him in for a game then out for the next 5/6.

£4.5 Million for Mido
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 06:31:32 PM »
I thought Mido got 15 last season, not bad for a player in a 40 game season.

This season however its more like ou for `0 than the 5-6 mentioned.

I can see why he wouldnt be happy, he needs a run to get going, but if Jol keeps him sweet and signs are he isnt staying happy, I'd keep him, if not move him on, but not in the Prem. He'd come back and haunt us.
There be dragons

£4.5 Million for Mido
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 06:34:32 PM »
Yeah Mido was our no 1 target man he scored goals and he was just brilliant at that time. This season he has had injuries and when we signed him I thought he could do what he did last season but that aint the case. I seroiusly hope we do get rid of him he is useless this season 1 goal against West Ham in the league.

£4.5 Million for Mido
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 06:34:44 PM »
Quote from: Berba's Right Peg;6850
Last season when Mido was our number 1 target man he was brilliant and scoring goals. It is extremely tough for him in for a game then out for the next 5/6.

Exactly, I honestly think last season he more than lived up to his £4.5m price tag. It's hardely Midos fault that we got such a talent in Berbatov, no player could replace him so it must be frustrating for the guy.

£4.5 Million for Mido
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 07:04:31 PM »
Quote from: Reece_Spurs;6846
Typical Spurs fan...

Totally agree with you mate, cant understand how weird some of u are that slate him all the time, he hasnt even had a chance this season and last season he was great for us.

Some of you must be thick as hell as you cant even remember back as far as last season.

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
£4.5 Million for Mido
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 07:25:12 PM »
4.5 would be a steal. But he needs to go for his own good really. He's still very young and needs to be a regular. We all loved him last season, he put everything into his performances and scored his fair few. This year hasn't worked, with Berba's being his main downfall, along with his many injuries.

£4.5 Million for Mido
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 07:29:20 PM »
I'm not slating him i just think 4.5 Mill fo rsum1 that had fallen out with their current employers hence the loan to us was a bit steep

Berba's girl

£4.5 Million for Mido
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 08:06:17 PM »
Mido contributed a lot to the team last season. How soon we forget! It was pretty much Mido up front with either Keano or JD. Ok, so he's no Berba but Spurs still ended up 5th (& it could so easily have been 4th).

He's played so few games this season, but scored one terrific goal against the Spammers and made two identical assists for Keano against Fulham. I'm not his biggest fan, but I think he's definitely worth £4.5m.

£4.5 Million for Mido
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 08:19:47 PM »
I really do think if he'd have been played regularly he would have lived up to the price tag, he proved he is capable last season. It's just a shame he has basically crashed and burned with us and is no longer even match fit imo. But yeah I'll bet u anything if he does go to another prem club and gets played regularly he'll be scoring them against us!

£4.5 Million for Mido
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 10:21:39 PM »
People are to quick to forget that without Mido last season we probably would never have pushed Ars*nal so close for 4th place as I thought he was outstanding. Unfortunately for him, Berbatov came in and took his place. He has not been fit this season either an he is the type who unfortunately seems to pile weight on when not playing.
If we were to sell him hopefully it would be to a team abroad because when he is fit he would walk into most teams in the premiership and I reckon would score a hatfull of goals.
Wouldn't be suprised to see him at Blackburn or Man City tho

£4.5 Million for Mido
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 03:55:58 PM »
I like him, and am very disappointed that he hasn't been given more of a chance.  He is a different angle, and a fit Mido - being thrown on with 20 minutes left - is a bit like bringing on Crouch.  It worries defenders no end....