SpursNetwork

Spurs 1 - Dortmund 2

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Spurs 1 - Dortmund 2
« on: March 18, 2016, 08:00:42 AM »
I think that the 2 matches against Borussia Dortmund have been a learning curve, for our young squad, and our young manager. It illustrates perfectly the difference in class between the best teams in Europe, and the best teams in the Prem, of which we are one.
The young English players we have bode well for the future, but if we do qualify for CL next season, then we very clearly will need to strengthen. The main areas for me are defensive midfield, attacking midfield, and up front.
Your views ??

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Spurs 1 - Dortmund 2
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 08:45:48 AM »
I can't argue with that. It also shows that if we are going to compete in the champions league we are going to need a stronger squad and more players. There were some great touches from Spurs at times, but they were not consistent enough to get a victory.

On top of that; when you leave certain players either on the bench or at home you can gather where Pochettino's thoughts are. The Sunday match. When we played Dortmund over the two games we never had our strongest squad. Now we have one target; the league and that will be with a full and our best team.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Spursx

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 05:07:33 PM »
yesterday's game showed you how far out of depth we are where Europe is concerned. But not only us, look at the other English clubs. Granted, we never had our main team against Dortmund, that is in both matches. So there is probably some excuse in why we were defeated in such a way. I have no doubt that our manager was thinking of the league, which more important. No we've got that out of the way let us go all out for the league title.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 04:34:00 PM »
Sad result and I believe we could have done better if we had our strongest team  :'( but now we are out of the competition we can now concentrate on the league and the highest position possible.  8) :2funny: :up:

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 04:16:52 PM »
We would have won this if we had a strong squad in both matches. I believe our manager was more focused on the league the the Europa.

Jane x

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 01:18:50 AM »
We would have won this if we had a strong squad in both matches. I believe our manager was more focused on the league the the Europa.

Jane x

I think it all falls into place now

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 12:39:26 PM »

Jane x

Not sure that we would have beaten them whatever team we put out. They are very good.