SpursNetwork

2012/13 what league position do you believe we will end up?

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: 2012/13 what league position do you believe we will end up?
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2013, 06:15:30 PM »
     Even a blind man can see that the chairman isn't giving his coach support.
     Judging by a lot of the comments it would appear that quite a few of the regular posters are somewhat unhappy with Mr Levy and his transfer dealings or should I say lack of transfer dealings this window!!

:nods: :nods: :nods:

Yeap very much so, the lack of ambition shown in the window and the last day attempts to sign a striker have really pissed me off, AVB is up to the job but now without the much needed striker his job is much harder to achieve the vital CL spot which is so so critical this season.

I'll tell you what is important; and that is where we finish. If we finish in the top 4 then Mr Levy and AVB's decision was the correct one. If we finish outside the top 4 then we can point the finger at AVB and Mr Levy.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2013, 06:17:04 PM »
I think everyones attention will and should be focused on Mr Levy, not AVB , we can hardly blame AVB for the Chairman not supporting him, can we?

:nope: :nope: :nope:

What makes you think that the chairman doesn't support his manager? He tried to get some strikers but that fell through. According to AVB he is happy with his squad. I haven't read or heard anything to say that Mr Levy is not supporting his manager. Levy knows that by getting in the top 4 will mean more money; so it is in his and the clubs interest to work with the manager. There is no foundation for your comments.

There we go again, another "Spurs can't do anything wrong" thread.

Of course AVB is going to say that, do you really think he is going to stand up in public and say that the chairman has let him down ?

It has always been obvious from where I am standing that the reason Arry was sacked is because of a poor relationship with Levy. Arry wanted to go the extra mile, and levy wouldn't support him. Believe me, the same will happen with AVB.

This club will never move on whilst Levy is in charge. However due to the fact he is Lewis's son in law, I can't see him being sacked in a hurry.

It is not a case of AVB or Mr Levy can't do no wrong. It is a case that they've made their decision and we judge them at the end of the season to see if they were right.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2013, 06:20:47 PM »
Oh Bald One,
        How right you are, but, there are still some among us that think Mr Levy is "The Great Saviour of Tottenham Hotspur FC" and will not have a word said against him, but, Dare I say it, I think the anti-Levy numbers amongst us on this site are growing, probably due to his lack of "TO DARE IS TO DO" in the last Transfer Window.

:nods: :nods:

Actually Mr Levy is all we've got. Until he is removed we either support him, find another team or tough. I like to deal with the facts. This is AVB's first season. If we finish in the top 4 then he equals or betters Harry. Which also means that their decisions in not buying a striker was the right one. If they end up outside the top 4 then Mr Levy has made a terrible mistake and will be criticised for it.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2013, 06:34:13 PM »
Oh Bald One,
        How right you are, but, there are still some among us that think Mr Levy is "The Great Saviour of Tottenham Hotspur FC" and will not have a word said against him, but, Dare I say it, I think the anti-Levy numbers amongst us on this site are growing, probably due to his lack of "TO DARE IS TO DO" in the last Transfer Window.

:nods: :nods:

Actually Mr Levy is all we've got. Until he is removed we either support him, find another team or tough. I like to deal with the facts. This is AVB's first season. If we finish in the top 4 then he equals or betters Harry. Which also means that their decisions in not buying a striker was the right one. If they end up outside the top 4 then Mr Levy has made a terrible mistake and will be criticised for it.

So your ambition is the same as Mr Levy 4th place is good enough.... and having a lovely balance sheet with no red on it is also the best !!!!

The saying goes speculate to accumulate.... Mr Levy !!!!

:nope:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2013, 07:35:30 PM »
Mr ugs,

So your ambition is the same as Mr Levy 4th place is good enough.... and having a lovely balance sheet with no red on it is also the best !!!!
A couple of points here;
1.   My ambition is for Spurs to win the League and other trophies. But not even Alex Ferguson or the Ars*nal manager or even the City manager managed to win it in their first season (including Bill Nicholson). Not even the clubs or managers I have mentioned manage to end their first season in the top four either. AVB is new so finishing in his first season in the top 4 would be brilliant. I then would expect that AVB to build on that position and go higher and in the processes win trophies. That is my ambition and what I expect.
2.   Are you saying debt is the best for Spurs? What Spurs needs is more ways to find cash; one of them is to build a bigger stadium. You’ve also got to remember that United, City and Chelsea have unlimited funds. Taking that into consideration and the money we’ve got we’ve done well over the last couple of seasons. Therefore shouldn’t we be giving Mr Levy credit, instead of criticising.?

The saying goes speculate to accumulate.... Mr Levy !!!!

:nope:

I agree; so taking into consideration what I said above isn’t he doing just that with the resources he's got as his disposal?
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2013, 08:47:30 PM »
Most managers come into jobs when teams are in disarray and need direction and new ideas, correct me if I'm wrong but AVB took over a top 4 side. A side that many if not most on this site and many other sites would agree that was the best squad of players the club had assembled for a good 25 years. He also was touted as a bright young manager that had been treated badly at Chelski and had something to prove..... putting all this together you would expect 4th place as an absolute minimum !!!!!

Now before you start I was not an AVB fan, still not convinced by him BUT I can now see where he is going and to be fair to the lad he is getting results and the early season poor football has made way for a more free flowing and exciting style. I would actually say I am warming to AVB slowly and think is doing a reasonably good job, but for him to complete this job he needs to be given resources and has to backed by the chairman..... this is where the problem lies !!!!!

The transfer window opened on the 1st of Jan and AVB said in a statement that we wouldn't sign anyone !!!! We all know that we are short up front and badly need some cover Dempsey isn't a striker and quite frankly isn't of the required standard anyway in my opinion,and Adebayor was going to be away for at least 2 or 3 weeks.

SO WHY DIDN'T LEVY SPLASH OUT £20 MILLION ON A STRIKER ON THE 1st JAN !!!!!

We must of had targets so why not go and get one and back his man and show that we mean business rather than take a chance that things would come out in the wash and we'd sneak 4th. Thats what I mean about ambition for the sake of £20 million that we will get back by making the champions league is nothing to a club like ours is in reality, all this bulls**t about Levy's doing a ggod job needs to stop. Last season he did the same and failed to back 'Arry and we scraped 4th, and he has a record of leaving things to the last minute which is fine if you don't need the player. Now with Defoe out we are going to struggle because Levy won't spend a few quid !!!!

>:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2013, 09:18:15 PM »
Most managers come into jobs when teams are in disarray and need direction and new ideas, correct me if I'm wrong but AVB took over a top 4 side. A side that many if not most on this site and many other sites would agree that was the best squad of players the club had assembled for a good 25 years. He also was touted as a bright young manager that had been treated badly at Chelski and had something to prove..... putting all this together you would expect 4th place as an absolute minimum !!!!!
When AVB took over players had left and new players had come in. So what was before is irrelevant.
If AVB finishes 4th then he equals “the best players the club had assembled for a good 25 years". Which works out and equals “the best squad of players the club had assembled for a good 25 years.”
I didn’t say I wanted them to just finish 4th but in the top 4; which could be higher than 4th.
AVB has been touted as a bright young manager (but not by him), however, he did say that he wasn’t going to achieve instant success at Chelsea. He also told both Directors (Spurs and Chelsea) that he wasn’t going to achieve success over night but would it would take time. He wasn’t stupid enough to make such stupid promises.

Now before you start I was not an AVB fan, still not convinced by him BUT I can now see where he is going and to be fair to the lad he is getting results and the early season poor football has made way for a more free flowing and exciting style. I would actually say I am warming to AVB slowly and think is doing a reasonably good job, but for him to complete this job he needs to be given resources and has to backed by the chairman..... this is where the problem lies !!!!!
I’ll go along with that. However, if he finishes 4th or higher then I would say he has been given the resources by the chairman. Don’t forget that AVB said he was happy with is squad. If AVB fails to get into the top 4 then, I, of course would have to agree that Mr Levy hasn’t given him the resources he needed. But AVB should also be held accountable for his failures because he said he was happy with his squad. As for as I know Harry never said Mr Levy wouldn’t back him.

The transfer window opened on the 1st of Jan and AVB said in a statement that we wouldn't sign anyone !!!! We all know that we are short up front and badly need some cover Dempsey isn't a striker and quite frankly isn't of the required standard anyway in my opinion,and Adebayor was going to be away for at least 2 or 3 weeks. SO WHY DIDN'T LEVY SPLASH OUT £20 MILLION ON A STRIKER ON THE 1st JAN !!!!!

He didn’t say “we wouldn’t sign anyone” but it was unlikely that Spurs wouldn’t sign anybody. As events showed Spurs did try to buy a striker or strikers. Again I shall repeat; I will decide at the end of the season whether the actions that had been taken, or not taken, were right.

We must of had targets so why not go and get one and back his man and show that we mean business rather than take a chance that things would come out in the wash and we'd sneak 4th. Thats what I mean about ambition for the sake of £20 million that we will get back by making the champions league is nothing to a club like ours is in reality, all this bulls**t about Levy's doing a ggod job needs to stop. Last season he did the same and failed to back 'Arry and we scraped 4th, and he has a record of leaving things to the last minute which is fine if you don't need the player. Now with Defoe out we are going to struggle because Levy won't spend a few quid !!!!

>:(

To be fair we don’t know what Mr Levy did or didn’t do. We also don’t know what restrictions have been put on Mr Levy by the other members of the board. So we don’t actually know if Mr Levy is doing a good job or not. What I have read and the people I have talked to I’ve heard that Mr Levy is doing a good job. Now that could all be bulls**t but as nobody has shown any evidences that Mr Levy doesn’t want to back his manager (or even Harry) then we have to give him the benefit of doubt. The only reason we don’t is because of our prejudices. I want to AVB to do well but the only thing I give my 100% support to is Spurs, as a club. Your comments about Mr Levy could be 100% right, but you or anybody, hasn't shown me something to the contrary nor have I read anything to show me that your information is right.

Our questions will be answered at the end of the season.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline pieboy

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2013, 11:51:33 PM »
Needless to say we needed a striker in the transfer window. But finance in football at the moment is a bit iffy. Nobody has spent money so I guess the playing field is level. Lewis looks the business thou and I think he will do well.

If either Lennon or Bale gets injured we will really be in the do do.
Some good news this evening , Togo got knocked out so Ade will be back shortly

Offline pieboy

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2013, 12:06:37 AM »
Still think Levy is a bit of a plank for sacking Harry.

But in regards to how he looks after the clubs finance, as frustrating as it is, I think he is doing what is right for the club. The position we are in reminds me of that of Leeds UTD all those years ago. I think we have a big squad for a team not in the champions league on big wages. Last thing I want to see is the chairman jeopardise the future of the club by chasing champions league football.

It's a bit like QPR right now, they have taken a massive gamble to stay in the prem, if they get relegated then they will be truly f**ked.

Also like his policy of bring in young players with the potential to increase their value. As much as it suck to sell our best players, it's better than buying experienced older players that have no value after a season or too.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2013, 07:24:58 AM »
    You know that, that isn't possible because he is far too clever to leave evidence. I would suggest that you read the comments that appear on Spurs Website in the Media watch section written by Spurs Supporters who are Journos almost everyone of them is very critical of Mr Levy's dealings or lack of them in the January Transfer window for the last 4 yrs, and I would suggest that their knowledge of THFC is far greater than yours Voice. Also a lot of the people who have commented on this forum about Mr Levy's dealings have in the past defended him, and they are people whose opinions I respect.
     Again I will say it, I can make a comment without allowing my prejudice to cloud my judgement and again I will say it "Mr Levy has not backed AVB in this transfer window which could prove prejudical to us qualifying for the CL.
     It would now appear that we have lost Defoe for a couple of weeks, due to injury, this again highlights how stupid Levy's lack of ambition really is.

:nods: :nods: :nods:

:SN:[font

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2013, 07:39:37 AM »
       Again I will say "As Supporters we are entitled to voice our opinions". They are opinions and no-one has the right to denigrate anyone for expressing his or her opinion, whether you like it or not. Yes Voice this comment is aimed at you, you represent yourself, not everyone else who contributes to this site, and the sooner you realise this the better it will be.

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:
:SN:[font

Offline a12 warrior

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2013, 09:00:34 AM »
I think the fact Spurs did not bring in a 4th striker this season will cost them 4th place.

Based on that statement 6th,

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2013, 10:10:32 AM »
Personally, I have no idea where we will finish. Man Utd have a big lead over everybody and I think they will win the title as they are the least likely side to slip up too much.
Man City have heaps of talent, and a good lead over 3rd place, so I see them finishing 2nd.
Chelsea, despite their large pool of talent are in a bit of a slump at the moment, but thats not to say they wont come good still.
As for ourselves, I think if we can manage to stay above Ars*nal, that might just be good enough for 4th. As I see it, a lot depends on them, partly because they have done it for the last 16 years, and have a habit of finishing strongly, which we dont.
Liverpool and Everton, I really dont see as top 4 material this year.
I think we will continue to struggle to score enough goals to overcome our defensive frailty, which ultimately might be our undoing.

Offline pieboy

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2013, 03:00:20 PM »
I'm gonna stick my neck out and say I think we will be OK. With Ade back now, the Defoe injury might be a bit of a blessing in disguise. His form has dipped a bit off late, Holtby has impressed in his 2 cameo roles and bale is on fire at the moment . Adebayor is more suited to the lone role, hopefully he can raise his form a bit
so I expect to line up with Ade upfront with Bale  ,Holtby and lennon.

----Parker----Dembele----
Lennon ---Holtby---Bale
-----------Ade-------

Not bad if you ask me mate, fingers cross we don't get any more injuries. Yes it sucks that we never bought in a striker  , but whats done is done now. I really looking forward to seeing the team above play

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2013, 04:20:16 PM »
I'm gonna stick my neck out and say I think we will be OK. With Ade back now, the Defoe injury might be a bit of a blessing in disguise. His form has dipped a bit off late, Holtby has impressed in his 2 cameo roles and bale is on fire at the moment . Adebayor is more suited to the lone role, hopefully he can raise his form a bit
so I expect to line up with Ade upfront with Bale  ,Holtby and lennon.

----Parker----Dembele----
Lennon ---Holtby---Bale
-----------Ade-------

Not bad if you ask me mate, fingers cross we don't get any more injuries. Yes it sucks that we never bought in a striker  , but whats done is done now. I really looking forward to seeing the team above play

Yes I think you're right. Holtby can push up with Ade also, as he's capable of that role, as well as tracking back.

Then all we need is for Walker/Daws/Vert/BAE to play as a UNIT and we might do well.