SpursNetwork

Oh no we lost a game...must be time to sack AVB?

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Oh no we lost a game...must be time to sack AVB?
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2012, 05:46:44 PM »

We made a net gain of £10m in the last transfer window. Under Arry's rain we spent an average of £10m a year.  which in prem terms is peanuts. So please tell me what makes you think we are big spenders ?

No we did not! Do you ever actually read anyone's posts?

Actually we did not. We 'spent' 59.7 million (because when you pay out money you spend it) and we sold players to the worth of 59.2 million. The difference between is net profit or loss if you like. So we actually have a net loss of 0.5 million which is actually sensible financing of the club. (actual player choices is not necessarily sensible, i.e. lack of striker)

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/tottenham-hotspur/transfers/verein_148.html

So please can you stop telling us how we made a net profit of 10 million pounds. It did not happen, it does not exist, it just a preconceived fancy that you have grabbed hold of from somewhere maybe even your own mind. I want evidence!

I have checked the stats on several sites as well as listened to many reports on this subject. The problem is that Spurs don't officially publish the figures themselves, and thus any figures are speculation. The most commonly heard one on the radio is £10m though. Whether or not it was £10m is irrelevant, Levy has sold some great players and replaced them with average ones. As much as I know AVB is a moron, his chairman is probably worse. In short, we haven't a lot to look forward to, and if you think we have, your letting your heart rule your head !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Oh no we lost a game...must be time to sack AVB?
« Reply #136 on: November 12, 2012, 09:38:38 PM »

In short, we haven't a lot to look forward to, and if you think we have, your letting your heart rule your head !!

Actually it is a bit of both. My heart is what would never have sacked Harry AND hopes that Spurs with AVB will become a better side in the long run. My head says that the form at the end of last year and the England saga meant that Harry had lost the owners belief in his ability AND That to give AVB a fair chance but not unconditional faith. Hence why I have stated previously about waiting till Xmas and making a fully informed judgement then. If goes according to your predictions and we are on 26 points or less I will change my position.
Maybe next year...