SpursNetwork

An old thread that should have not been re-opened

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
An old thread that should have not been re-opened
« on: April 16, 2012, 03:47:10 AM »
I've now decided that the best possible thing is for us not to finish in the top 4. I don't even want to think about the results we'd get from the best in Europe. I do feel that we got slightly ass raped without lubricant because of that ridiculous decision considering we were looking better beforehand, but that doesn't change the fact that we received an absolute anal pounding.

Also, GOD f**cking DAMMIT.

That's all.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:21:21 PM by RiffHard »
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
Re: Raped
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 10:28:40 AM »
i feel violated :fist: :fist: :fist:

Offline OL'BOLTY

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 12:34:35 PM »
Thought you might have been visiting Hampstead Heath....they all say that....
EL PRESIDENTE

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 04:01:01 PM »
I must have been in a really cheerful mood that day.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 05:43:06 PM »
For me it's CL or nothing. I hate the Europa cup and am embarrassed to be in it !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 07:31:42 AM »
For me it's CL or nothing. I hate the Europa cup and am embarrassed to be in it !!

Whilst I tend to go along with that, surely if we did happen to win the Europa Cup, you'd be pleased ?

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 10:46:04 AM »
I know the Europa does not have the credibility it once had. But that says more about the state of our game than the actual cup itself.

Less teams in CL = stronger CL and stronger Europa

Maybe if we started giving it more status, by taking it seriously, it would raise the profile of the cup. I also believe exposure to playing against continental sides, gives the players experience (especially the english players who seem to panic against technical ability) and this could be utilised next year if we qualified for CL.

PS. Hate the title for this thread, think it should be changed by moderators, please.
Maybe next year...

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 11:50:06 AM »
I know the Europa does not have the credibility it once had. But that says more about the state of our game than the actual cup itself.

Less teams in CL = stronger CL and stronger Europa

Maybe if we started giving it more status, by taking it seriously, it would raise the profile of the cup. I also believe exposure to playing against continental sides, gives the players experience (especially the english players who seem to panic against technical ability) and this could be utilised next year if we qualified for CL.

PS. Hate the title for this thread, think it should be changed by moderators, please.

quote]

Agreed all points. Our previous outings in the Europa, under Martin Jol I'm sure gave some of our players the experience in Europe, which must have helped us in the CL. Similarly I hope AVB takes it more seriously than Harry ever did.[/

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
Re: An old thread that should have not been re-opened
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 12:21:46 PM »
Done.
Considering our lack of trophies from the last 21 years (three) I would take Europa League any day.

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
Re: An old thread that should have not been re-opened
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 07:14:16 PM »
Thank you. Much appreciated.  :)
Maybe next year...