SpursNetwork

Harry on Talksport

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
Harry on Talksport
« on: June 08, 2011, 06:34:20 PM »
Well he said that we can not find any players better than what we have for what we can afford. As far as strikers are concerned, perhaps he needs to look at the 2nd division then.

Your thoughts !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Harry on Talksport
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 07:36:44 PM »
If Jordan Henderson for £16 million sets the benchmark then prices have gone crazy. All that money for a guy that has 1 England cap and wasn't even a regular starter for Sunderland. Harry said yesterday we are being asked silly money for guys that aren't fit to lace Modrics boots. I think the 3 top players we are looking for are going to cost us a minimum of £75 mill and I dont think Levy will be prepared to spend that amount.   

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 07:45:44 PM »
Still early days.

There are bound to be more players coming available later down the line.

One thing i really can't understand, is that Redknapp is kinda giving the impression that we don't have the biggest budget this year, without actually saying it.

Saying things like " for what we can afford"

Now, Come on. for the last couple of seasons, we have been one of the biggest spenders in the Prem and that was without being the the Champions league.

I find it hard to believe, after going a long run in the champions league and finishing 5th, that we can't go and spend 20-25m on a top top player.

If we only have a budget of 50m or so, then that is ridiculous...after we have just finished one of our most successful season financially, considering how far we got in the CL

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 09:58:55 AM »
Still early days.

There are bound to be more players coming available later down the line.

One thing i really can't understand, is that Redknapp is kinda giving the impression that we don't have the biggest budget this year, without actually saying it.

Saying things like " for what we can afford"

Now, Come on. for the last couple of seasons, we have been one of the biggest spenders in the Prem and that was without being the the Champions league.

I find it hard to believe, after going a long run in the champions league and finishing 5th, that we can't go and spend 20-25m on a top top player.

If we only have a budget of 50m or so, then that is ridiculous...after we have just finished one of our most successful season financially, considering how far we got in the CL

The problem is that even average players are now costing in excess of £20m. We have no choice but to look at Ars*nal and how they have built a side. There are most certainly very talented players around the world that won't cost a fortune. It just takes the right talent scout to find them. Unfortunately Harry likes buying players at the end of their career, but I believe this is the wrong tactic for a club that really wants to move forward. 
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 01:04:59 PM »
Maybe this is why we bid 8.9 mill for a striker from Palermo who scored a prolific 2 goals in 22 games in a weaker league!  is this what our ambition has come too surely not eh?

Good old Arrry though flapping his chins in the media again!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline PaulInRome

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 05:08:09 PM »
To give credit to the Palermo striker, he probably only started 5 or 6 of those games and came on as a sub for others. He does actually look a great prospect so it could have been a shrewd piece of business. These are the sorts of deals that Ars*nal are good at. But yes, he's hardly the big signing that's going to guarantee 15-20 goals a season.

Or maybe Levy was just confused and meant to make a cheeky bid for the Man U player with the same surname.... :lol:   

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 02:58:38 PM »
The players we bring in (or dont as the case may be) will really set the bar as far as ambition for Levy