SpursNetwork

Same old problems

Offline JohnLaceysDiscopants

• Hero: GLENN HODDLE
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Same old problems
« on: September 12, 2010, 03:29:16 PM »
Yet again Spurs go away from home against so called weaker opposition and don;t come away with 3 points .   Its high time the players stopped worrying about getting kicked away from home and got f**king stuck in . For far too long we;re considered soft touches on the road and for far too long manager after manager has done f**k all to fix it .Harry would want to stop talking s**tabout the ENGLAND JOB and talking s**t about making that ex GOONER Captain and get on with sorting our away problem once and for all . If not we'll be languishing 6 th or 7th in table and its upwards from 4th we should be going with our squad .
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 03:32:27 PM by RiffHard »

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Same old problems
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 05:22:03 PM »
To true, although the home forms not much better this season so far. Only good thing is that apart from Chelsea everybody is dropping points so we are not getting left behind. However we must start turning these draws into victories pretty soon, although the injury situation is not helping. Maybe a good result in Europe will kick us into gear.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 06:38:17 PM »
Lacey..... shut your silly little potty-mouth or I'll fill it with some cream pie..

WBA are a pretty good footy team under whatsisname and if you saw what they were like at Anfield.... thats the stadium Liverpool play in btw..... you'd know better than to badmouth either team yesterday..

the problem we had yesterday was that we had 2 key players who really looked like they lacked match-fitness inm Gallas and vdV.... and THudd did his quite regular hit-the-marathon-wall act after 60mins and huffed n puffed far too much for my liking...

we dont need to get 'stuck in'... we need to keep our heads and play football with confidence... like we usually do...so how about you stop your whining and try act like you actually support your team... and I even use the word 'support' to your meaning of the word, not mine.

in the 1st half when all the players didnt suffer from fitness-deficit, we looked a pretty decent side... the balance was affected badly tho when Modric got subbed..
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 06:40:47 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 11:19:51 PM »
Yet again Spurs go away from home against so called weaker opposition and don;t come away with 3 points .   Its high time the players stopped worrying about getting kicked away from home and got f**king stuck in . For far too long we;re considered soft touches on the road and for far too long manager after manager has done f**k all to fix it .Harry would want to stop talking s**tabout the ENGLAND JOB and talking s**t about making that ex GOONER Captain and get on with sorting our away problem once and for all . If not we'll be languishing 6 th or 7th in table and its upwards from 4th we should be going with our squad .

Quite right totally agree, if we are going to be the team that our squad potential shows then we should be winning at these places...... no question !!!!

:up:

Gareth once again a very argumentative reply ............ watched too much footy on the TV again !!! ::)
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 11:24:47 PM »
Lacey I see you are kind of new around here. Let me help you out with some background info.

1. Martin Keown is a complete tool so just ignore everything he says. He isnt even a Spurs fan/supporter/follower and has admitted this on a different post he tried to kill with his mutterings.

2. Enjoy and contribute as much as you want. You won't find anyone else here a big enough d**khead to answer a post with "shut your silly little potty-mouth"

Apart from that i actually dont really agree myself as i think getting stuck in is just a fall back position for clubs who are struggling or are playing teams above their quality. Just my thoughts though.  ;)

Offline JohnLaceysDiscopants

• Hero: GLENN HODDLE
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 02:54:17 AM »
Just too clarify I think we need to ensure we take no prisoners for the first 15 and then impose our free flowing football after as for too long teams think by roughing us up means they won:t be beaten especially away from home and thats what i mean by getting stuck in .Thanks for the tip offbout mr keown its obvious he:s had previous hence no one takes notice cheers   .

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 10:27:11 AM »
thats better Lacey, now keep it clean and within boundaries - this is a classy joint you know..

as for the 1st 15mins, I don't seem to recall us having a poor 1st half hour against any Prem team this season to date... so not sure where your 'get stuck in for  15' comment comes from...

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 12:50:38 PM »
we have  been poor so far this season so i kind of get what your saying....

but it is at home as well we seem to come out after half time and let other teams dominate us for much of the second half (todate that is)

and lacey do write as many posts as possible and dont worry about keown he is known as a nob on other sites as well so ignore him.........mind you he never gets bored

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 01:27:47 PM »
Huddlestone is beginning to think that maybe he's an automatic starter for the team and consequently decided to relax abit too much and gone back on the pies...

a little time on the bench may be just around the corner, to show him he aint 'all that'...

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 03:03:33 PM »
Just too clarify I think we need to ensure we take no prisoners for the first 15 and then impose our free flowing football after as for too long teams think by roughing us up means they won:t be beaten especially away from home and thats what i mean by getting stuck in .Thanks for the tip offbout mr keown its obvious he:s had previous hence no one takes notice cheers   .

I know exactly what you mean but I really do think sometimes we try and slip into a 'comfortable' style to often. When we are playing at our best high tempo, quick passing etc etc if we don't score we tend to quietly slip off into comfortable mode, when palacious first arrived he seemed to be willing to still get stuck in all the way through the game. Unfortunately he seems to of gone off the boil a bit lately (unsurprisingly after his personal trials) and I think Huddlestone is finding it hard to cope with the extra defensive duties which in all fairness isn't his strongest suit.

I've heard it said many a time by fans, commentators and pundits that a good solid challenge or a player getting 'stuck in' gets the team playing as much if not more than a good passing move or near miss, so someone actually putting it about a bit away from home probably wouldn't go a miss. We still seem to let teams get a foot hold instead of finishing them off hopefully we will get more clinical in the coming games but it needs to be done quickly.....

:)
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 04:23:26 PM »
maybe doing nothing but turn the other cheek is rather a good thing.... otherwise teams will look to 'rough us up' knowing that we will take the bait and it will play into their hands and we end up playing a very scrappy, disjointed, stop-start game full of niggly fouls and losing concentration with actually playing football...

if you dont retaliate in kind, it makes it very hard for the ref to ignore subsequent fouling and we will then get the upper hand.... I have no problem 'advertising' fouls to the referee in order to get good freekick chances from strategic positions on the field.... its usually the best way for other teams to learn that they can get punished from a setpiece situation more, than had they just let the move develop, just covered space and eventually let the move fizzle out..

I'm not advocating cheating, but sometimes a foul does need to be made known to the ref, so that it makes it difficult for the opposition to keep on doing it with impunity...

just dont come down to their level.... thata exactly what they want, as the odds of success for a less-talented team can rise quickly when that happens...

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 07:59:39 PM »
Very true. We are a footballing side we can beat anyone playing fast flowing football. We don't have the type of players who will win a kicking match. Best way to get revenge for a foul is to put the ball in the back of their net

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 02:59:18 PM »
its a football match not a tickling contest get stuck in you fairies!