SpursNetwork

Stoke 1-2 Tottenham

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Stoke 1-2 Tottenham
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2010, 08:57:07 PM »
I thought Azza was brill today, seemed back to his best, which is what we like to see. That and him and Bale linking up. I can't wait to see more of that  :lol:  AS for Jenas, I believe older members of the forum know my stance on him. Btw Ugs, brill vid mate  :2funny:
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2010, 11:39:35 PM »
Why is it that Huth was allowed to foul Gomes with impunity?  Nearly everything I have read or seen in the media has made the major talking point whether the ball went over the line and not THAT NO WHISTLE WHILE STANDING IN FRONT OF GOMES, THAT HUTH COULD PUSH HIM WITH TWO HANDS INTO THE GOAL
How did Foy, standing 6 feet away, not give the foul. What was he looking at? Is he fit to be a EPL ref?
Thr yellow card count was 15 to 6 and really should have been worse than that (for tripping from behind when our player had gone)
They posed little or no theat when not illegally interfering with Gomes

Lastly, Gallas is not very tall , but our CB's positioning when under pressure is sometimes sloppy and G. can help with the dicipline and confidence

GK is entitled to his opinions on JJ and others but is it a case of deliberate 'wind-up'? (2-0 loss was his wind -up prediction before the game)

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2010, 12:01:06 AM »
Sandroman.... youre right about Huth's foul on Gomes for the 'goal' incident..

but did you not also notice how everytime they had a setpiece into the penalty-area how Huth was SYSTEMATICALLY fouling the goalkeeper time after time after time... I counted at least 4 setpieces where this happened from the 13mins of highlights I'd recorded...

I think that Huth and 1-2 others are told to stand near the GK during corners, freekicks, Delap-throw-ins, any setpiece really, by the manager Pulis,  as a way of gaining advantage by cheating.... Huth especially has become quite expert in this and didnt go punished once..... Arry was absolutely right in highlighting the foul prior to the disallowed 'goal'...

Referees need to look at previous videos of Stoke matches and see for themselves how they use this rogue tactic to garner advantage from the numerous set-plays they seem to use as their primary offence-plays...

and that freak Pulis had the temerity to cry foul !.... I'd like to purse my lips and wag my finger at him..

Offline AuburnSpur

« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2010, 01:14:08 AM »

but did you not also notice how everytime they had a setpiece into the penalty-area how Huth was SYSTEMATICALLY fouling the goalkeeper time after time after time... I counted at least 4 setpieces where this happened from the 13mins of highlights I'd recorded...

I think that Huth and 1-2 others are told to stand near the GK during corners, freekicks, Delap-throw-ins, any setpiece really, by the manager Pulis,  as a way of gaining advantage by cheating.... Huth especially has become quite expert in this and didnt go punished once..... Arry was absolutely right in highlighting the foul prior to the disallowed 'goal'...

Referees need to look at previous videos of Stoke matches and see for themselves how they use this rogue tactic to garner advantage from the numerous set-plays they seem to use as their primary offence-plays...

and that freak Pulis had the temerity to cry foul !.... I'd like to purse my lips and wag my finger at him..

Mauling in the box is a major issue.  Refs seemed to have decided to just ignore it.

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2010, 06:41:39 AM »
So i guess all those fouls by Huth ended up karma being a bitch and Stoke lost because of it eh Auburn? Heheh..

Really i was pissed with the 1st goal. Could have kept a cleansheet really

« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2010, 10:44:15 AM »

Mauling in the box is a major issue.  Refs seemed to have decided to just ignore it.
Actually Auburn I didn't see it as a systematic attack as you have proven
We expect teams to play hard ,but calculated player intimidation and interference of this sort must be stopped
I'm sure Harry will be on to it as most teams will target Gomes from now on

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2010, 12:37:43 PM »
Jenas played the best outta the midfielders defensively, shutting down space and blocking the best of all.... he also made at least 2 very telling moves (1) great weighted 40yd diagonal thru'ball for Bale to get his 3-trick... also played a good 1-2 with Bale to get into the box and nearly score (the keeper saved)...

still wont be enough to not be the scapegoat tho...

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2010, 03:01:46 PM »
Jenas played the best outta the midfielders defensively, shutting down space and blocking the best of all.... he also made at least 2 very telling moves (1) great weighted 40yd diagonal thru'ball for Bale to get his 3-trick... also played a good 1-2 with Bale to get into the box and nearly score (the keeper saved)...

still wont be enough to not be the scapegoat tho...

Two moves in 90 mins wow thats impressive !!!!
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2010, 03:16:29 PM »
yeah youre right just 2 moves the entire match.....(see I can be whatever you want me to be Ugs.... ;) )

Offline AuburnSpur

« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2010, 05:02:52 PM »

Actually Auburn I didn't see it as a systematic attack as you have proven
We expect teams to play hard ,but calculated player intimidation and interference of this sort must be stopped
I'm sure Harry will be on to it as most teams will target Gomes from now on

I'm talking about the sport in general.  Mauling in the box during corners has become like the last minute in basketball where the refs just swallow their whistles.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2010, 06:48:01 PM »
Gomes got targeted by Stoke, they were barging him and tripping him all day long!

Stoke = tw@ts!!!
COYS!

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2010, 09:58:26 PM »
Ryan shawcross is a rough bast*rd, no wonder he broke Ramseys leg. All game is was commiting fouls and getting away with them. I actually hatee the guy.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2010, 10:42:09 PM »
Shawcross is a physical sometimes reckless player but I don't think he's malicious. He was an absolute wreck after he realized how badly Ramsey was hurt. The kid left the field in tears.

I like your enthusiasm, though. Nothing wrong with hating the opposition in my book.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2010, 10:51:28 PM »
reckless, malicious = same freakin difference.

I truly believe its time for players as individuals and clubs as commercial-entities threaten to sue individual PLAYERS for very dangerous and reckless fouls which endanger the livelihood of a fellow-pro...

with all the video-evidence that can be collated from numerous angles, cases can be made and litigation sought if/when te situation warrants it..

I'm sick and tired of the consistently casual acceptance of physical violence that goes on on a football-pitch... and to those that say its 'a man's game', I dont think its that manly to go in to cripple someone when his attention is on controlling a football rather than in defending himself from physical attack..

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2010, 11:08:15 PM »
wtf - grow a pair

As far as the Ramsey deal goes Shawcross was in control of the ball and Ramsey made an ill-advised blind lunge while Ryan was swinging his leg through. I wouldn't even characterize that as a tackle. It was just a freak accident.

If reckless = malicious then Wilson Palacios is Dr. Evil.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*