All done in England.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Football League + Conference
« Reply #271 on: June 09, 2013, 03:25:06 AM »
Aldershot Town have been accepted into the Conference Premier with a 10-point deduction for being in administration.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #272 on: June 09, 2013, 04:32:28 PM »
Well crap. That sucks. :(

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #273 on: July 30, 2013, 06:43:19 AM »
The Football League is back this weekend/Friday  :up:

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2013, 05:06:06 PM »
Right on!  :up:

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #275 on: September 21, 2013, 11:39:00 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand signing in for another year. w0000000000000t!  :up:

CHAMPIONSHIP

So what do Queens Park Rangers (20) and Burnley (17) have in common? Well, if the season were to abruptly end today, they'd be in the Premiership. And they both have a Canadian on their team. ;) Yes, Junior Hoilett and David Edgar respectively. But they have a lot of early competition. Burnley is only second ahead of Leicester and Blackpool (both also 17) by goal differential. Watford, Nottingham Forest, and Reading (all 15) are also very close. Out of all these thus far, QPR has yet to lose and all the others have only lost once.

A little lower, Bournemouth (13) needs to learn how not to lose so much (they're 4-1-3) while Huddersfield and Brighton & Hove (both 12) are playing .500 football from a points standpoint and need to learn how to finish the job.

But, it could be a lot worse. They could be Sheffield Wednesday (4) or Bolton (3) and not have a win to their name. They could be Barnsley (also 4) and be a -13 and allow a jaw-dropping 22 goals in their first 8 matches. They could be Yeovil (also 4) and still seeing red in spite of not fitting into either category. :P Sheff W isn't even in the red and they haven't won yet, yet Barnsley and Yeovil both have. What the crap?

Middlesbrough (8), Donny Rovers (6), and Charlton (5) also only have one win in their first eight matches.

LEAGUE ONE

Holy crap! :o  Look at Leyton Orient (21)! Seven matches, all wins! If not for this tremendous run, you'd have two of the relegated teams from last season running 1-2, as Peterborough and Wolverhampton (both 19) finished 22nd and 23rd in the Champs last season and are currently sitting 2nd and 3rd, three ahead of Preston North End and newly-promoted Rotherham (both 16) and four ahead of Bradford (15) whose leading scorer, second-place Nahki Wells, is from Bermuda! Kewl!

The best teams on the outside looking in are Walsall (14), MK Dons (13), Crawley Town, and Brentford (both 12).

The other end of the table is strikingly similar to that of the Championship. Actually, their W-D-L records are a near-exact match - Bristol City (4) has one more loss than Sheffield Wednesday, having played the full eight games in the sked up to this point. Yes, they have yet to win, as does last-place Bolton (3), while Sheff U and Notts County (both 4) are both 1-1-6, just like Yeovil and Barnsley in the Champs. What the crap happened to those two anyway? Sheff U was in the playoffs last season and now here they are in the toilet! Thankfully, there are still another 38 matches to rectify the situation. :P

There are about a half dozen other teams in immediate danger early, but the one I really want to focus on is Coventry City (4). They are in administration, and yet they're still outside the red and have a decent 4-2-2 record, have more goals than any other team in the division, and have the division's leading scorer, Callum Wilson. If they can keep this fight up they might actually make some noise this season.

LEAGUE TWO

Chesterfield (22) have the best point total of any team in the League. Basically, they're Leyton Orient but with an added draw on top of that. They have four points' advantage on second-place Fleetwood (18 - to think five years ago I'd never even heard of these guys!) and are six up on AFC Wimbledon (16). If Wimbledon could finish third this season they'd be playing against the former FC Wimbledon - that is, MK Dons - in League One. That'd be rather surreal for someone who was getting into football when MKD was still FCW. :P

The upper half of the table is super-tight right now, though, Chesterfield notwithstanding:

2. Fleetwood - 18
3. Wimbledon - 16
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
4. Oxford U - 15, +7
5. Mansfield - 15, +6
6. Wycombe - 14, +4, 11 GF
7. Rochdale - 14, +4, 10 GF
--------------------------------
8. Morecambe - 14, +2
9. Exeter - 14, +1
10. Sc*nthorpe U - 13
11. Newport Cty. - 12
12. Burton Albion - 11

Anything could happen here, really. It's also neat to know that both Conference promotees (Mansfield, who won, and Newport, who won the playoffs) are doing reasonably well. Wish I could say the same for the ex-Oners. Only Sc*nthorpe is really off to a good start. The other three, Portsmouth (9), Bury (8), and Hartlepool (6), aren't off to particularly shiny starts. (That said, I would argue that even Burton Albion really isn't, either, yet they're top half :P) But at least they aren't Accrington Stanley (1). What the hell happened to Northampton (4), though? They were in the playoffs last season. SMARTEN UP! York (5) appears to be off to another slow start just like they were last season, and they have to get over this habit or they'll come upon a season where the other teams are just too tough to make the kind of comeback they did last season against, and they'll end up in Conference. Actually, it seems only Bradford is playing at or above the standard of last season, of the four teams that made the playoffs, and they won the thing and are in playoff range in League One. Burton is the highest-ranked team right now with a negative goal differential and they are playing .500 football from a W-L-D standpoint, sitting at 3-2-3. Northampton and Cheltenham (6) are both sucking up a storm.

CONFERENCE PREMIER

Will get to this later.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #276 on: December 22, 2013, 01:59:44 AM »
Gah, work means I can't do these very often. Not that I really needed to. It's about now that the important stuff starts anyway.

UPDATE TIME! :P

CHAMPIONSHIP

I have to say it makes me a very happy boy to see that the two teams in Championship with Canadians on the side - Burnley (43) and QPR (42) - are sitting 1-2. ;) That said, neither is really set in stone as auto-quals as the top is more a "Gang of Four" than anything - Leicester (also 42) is only behind QPR on goal diff, and Derby (40) is red-hot right now, having won seven straight.

Outside this Gang of Four is another close fight, this time for playoff positions. Leeds and Reading (both 34) hold the two other spots presently, but Nott Forest (33), Brighton & Hove (32), Ipswich, and Blackpool (both 31) are within a win, and Blackburn (30) isn't far off either. Wigan (28)... *le sigh*  :(  I remember when they were actually good enough for the Premier League. Now they're mid-table in the Champs, having been bollocked in Europa League play.

There's no one clear faller-behind on the other end yet, as Barnsley (16) is only three out, and Sheff U and Yeovil (both 17) are only two out. The team they're chasing is Charlton (19), with Donny Rovers (20) and Millwall (21) not doing a whole lot better.

LEAGUE ONE

Much the same as the Championship up top, except only three teams are ahead of the pack rather than four. Leyton Orient and Wolverhampton (both 44) have the auto-qual spots, with the former only ahead of the latter on goal diff. Right behind them is Brentford (43).

The gap between the front-runners and those right behind is also less pronounced. Peterborough (39) and Preston (38) aren't as far off as their counterparts in the Championship. Aside - admittedly, I think Iain Hume's best days of actual play are well past him, but he can still be an important locker-room influence, provided he doesn't get hurt with PNE. Rotherham (35), on the other hand, has to worry about maintaining their playoff spot, with Swindon and Walsall (both 33) riding their rear. Bradford and Port Vale (both 30) are a little further out.

At the other end, it is also close. Three teams are within a victory of the highest red-zone team, Stevenage (19) - these being Oldham (22), Sheff U (21), and Tranmere (20) - and Notts County, Crewe Alexandra (both 18), and Bristol City (16) aren't hopelessly lost in the muck and mire. To be fair to Oldham, though, they have a game in hand. The extra game Notts County has played may come back to haunt them, too.

LEAGUE TWO

Both ends are very close. Five points separate first place from eighth and the same amount separates dead-last from seventeenth. (To make things interesting, only six divide ninth from sixteenth. :P Holy symmetry, Batman!) Chesterfield (39), Oxford (38), and Sc*nthorpe (37) hold down auto-promo at the moment, but not one of Fleetwood, Burton (both 35), Newport, Southend, or Rochdale (all 34) are out of the running for that by any means, and if it stays this close for much longer we will have a very exciting finish to the season!  :up:  Would be great for the fans, if nothing else. I'm pulling for it.

At the other end, Bury (20) and Northampton (18) are the red-zoners in question, but boy is it close. York and Torquay are both at 21 - one clear - and Mansfield, York, and sadly, Pompey, all have 22 points. Accrington Stanley rounds out the lower third of the table with 23.

CONFERENCE PREMIER

Here we get to wackoid scheduling again due to winter weather. I've come to expect it. :P But in any case, Cambridge United (48) and Luton (47) are both having strong seasons and looking to get back into the League. The real jockeying early on is for playoff spots:

1. Cambridge - 48
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2. Luton - 47
3. Grimsby - 40, +13
4. Alfreton - 40, -1
5. Barnet - 39, +11
---------------------------------
6. Kidderminster - 39, +9
7. Nuneaton - 39, +3
8. Halifax - 37
9. Braintree - 35, +8
10. Gateshead - 35, +4
11. Salisbury - 34

I have to admire the grit Aldershot (22) is showing right now. Like Coventry two levels up from them, they're under a ten-point penalty for administration reasons, and yet they are outside the red. They're only the second team out of the red, and they're only out by two points, but if they can maintain their present form they'll be okay. After a rough and unpredictable first few months, they've come in to some good form and have won 3 in a row. That's better than what you can say for Southport (also 22), who've only gleaned one point of a possible 15 in their last five matches. With Chester and Tamworth (both 20) right on their six, that's not a good thing. Dartford (18) would have some leverage two, except they've played more matches than any other team up to this point and have lost nine in a row, with a 2W 2D 11L record over their last fifteen matches. Could it get any worse?

Yup. You could be Hyde (3). Hyde has not won a match since August, when they beat Wigan in a friendly. That's right. Not one Conference win. Hell, they haven't gotten points from a match for six matches now, and have only managed a single point since the beginning of flipping September. What the crap?  :lol:

CONFERENCE NORTH

I actually expected the schedule to be more mangled by winter weather than it actually has been. Just one team - Vauxhall Motors (26) - has played more than twenty up to now. All but one of the top seven have played nineteen matches - the exception being Altrincham (33), with eighteen gone for them. It's good for Altrincham, though (and not good for me, being the Altrincham-hater than I am :P ) since they could make up the game with a win and be even in the points with playoff-holders Brackley and North Ferriby (both 36 and +13 - the latter is ahead on goals scored). An aside about North Ferriby - look at them go! Northern League champs last season, for the first time, in Conference, also for the first time, and they sit fourth! That's pretty impressive! Hednesford (39) is top in Conference North after finishing second in the North and winning the playoffs, but they've been in Conference before.  Between the two are Solihull and Telford (both 37). Boston (33) and Harrogate (32) are within striking distance of the playoffs, and Harrogate would be closer if not for an administrative snafu that cost them three points.

None of the red-zoners are too far from safety. Barrow (12) sits bottom, four behind Worcester (16), who are ahead of Gloucester (also 16) on goal differential. Workington (13) is also in the red. Stockport County and Oxford City (both 19) really need to watch themselves as well.

CONFERENCE SOUTH

Yowzers! Look at Bromley (46) go! They've won eight in a row and have a 12W 1D 2L record in their last fifteen matches to have a ten-point cushion over Eastleigh (36). But there's a catch. Eastleigh has played two fewer matches. Third-place Ebbsfleet (33) after a rough summer start which saw them win just once before the end of September, have only lost one since the beginning of October, and it was a close decision against Bishop's Stortford. Even better, they've won nine since that time, and are currently on a five-match win-streak.

Eastbourne (32) and Bishop's Stortford (31) wrap up the top five, and although Stortford's form of late hasn't been stellar (winning just one of their last four), they also have played a mere sixteen matches, which along with Tonbridge Angels and Gosport Borough (more on them later) is the fewest of any club in the division. Heck, this div is more goofy than the North! First time for everything, I guess...  8D

Anyhoo, Sutton U (30) is just outside the playoffs, and Hayes & Yeading (28) are within three of a playoff spot. four more teams - Bath (27), Staines, Weston (both 26), and Basingstoke (25) are within six, but Basingstoke's recent form (4-game losing streak) has been atrocious, and Weston's (9 points of a possible 30 in their last ten matches) hasn't been much better.

Not too often you see four teams with the same amount of points (15 in this case) and three of said four are in the red, but that's the case here. The lucky team here is Gosport  (-8) who are outside by just one goal's worth of goal diff, but also have two games in hand on the other three: Maidenhead (-9), Whitehawk (-12), and Dorchester (-21). Two other teams have 18 - Boreham Wood and Tonbridge Angels - and the former really has to be careful at this point since they've played 19 matches, more than anyone else in that low part of the table.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #277 on: January 24, 2014, 07:52:53 AM »
Update time!

CHAMPIONSHIP

Look at Leicester (57)! They're on a six-game win streak dating back to the day I made my last update, and you know what that means - yes, they've yet to lose (or draw for that matter) in 2014. This has put them five ahead of QPR (52) and six ahead of Burnley (51) who slipped up a wee bit. But both those teams are still within a couple victories, and keep in mind that Burnley has lost fewer matches than any other team in the Champs, just that they've managed more draws. GIT THE JOB DONE! :P

I think I jinxed Derby (47), though. Just five days after I commented on their win streak, they had it snapped by a draw at Huddersfield (34), although they ran their unbeaten streak to nine, beating Barnsley (20) before losing to Wigan (36). Nottingham Forest (44) isn't doing so bad either. They have an unbeaten streak (4W 5D) going back to the beginning of November, and giving West Ham United a serious thrashing in the FA Cup must have been a major confidence-booster as well! I'd keep an eye on them. They might be primed for a move up the table.

Reading (41) is in a little more trouble with regards to the playoffs, as they are just two ahead of Brighton & Hove (39) and another two ahead of Blackburn (37). I'd also be wary of Middlesbrough (36, +8) because they haven't lost in 2014 either; they've dropped just two points out of a potential eighteen in their last six matches, in a draw against Bolton (28). Wigan (36, +2) lost to a desparate Donny Rovers side (24, -21) but they also have a game in hand so they might be able to pull back into the playoff race. Ipswich (36, +6) really needs to smarten up, having not won since Boxing Day and being in the midst of a 3-game losing streak, but it could be worse. They could be Leeds (35). Leeds has not even gotten a point in 2014, and are on a four-game losing streak and a six-game winless streak, five and seven if you count their FA Cup loss against Rochdale.

Now to the other end. Basically, anyone below 30 points is in immediate danger, with Doncaster being the top team in the red. They are -12 worse than Charlton Athletic (24) in goal differential, and they have four points on both Barnsley and Yeovil (both 20). Millwall (25) also won, which kept them outside the red. Now the other three teams in immediate danger are Sheffield Wednesday (26), Bolton, and Birmingham (29). Strangely, Sheff W has an unbeaten streak going from Boxing Day onward (2W 4D). With their game in hand, they might be able to get just enough momentum to push them out of immediate danger.

LEAGUE ONE

The same three teams are 1-2-3 as last update. The difference is the order and number of points. Leyton Orient (57) are still top, and this time on points, ahead of Brentford (56). So what happened to Wolverhampton (52)? A mini-slump is what happened. Back-to-back draws against Orient (not quite so embarrassing) and Tranmere (pretty embarrassing) and a loss against Gillingham (very embarrassing) have Wolverhampton now trying to play catch-up. Granted, they still have a four-point lead on Preston North End (48), seven on Peterborough (45), and eight on Rotherham (44). They also have ten points on the first team outside the playoff zone, Walsall (42), so they don't have to worry about maintenance too much. If Rotherham can win the game in hand they have on Walsall, they won't have to either. Teams that aren't too far from playoffs also include Port Vale (39).

Before going to the other end, I have to say, I admire Coventry City (34) and their tenacity. Two years running they've been dinged 10 points, but this year they're both starting to come out of their financial valley and playing decent football. Sometimes teams will get the point penalty and basically give up. Not Coventry. If they were ever to have that point penalty overturned (which I doubt) then they'd instantly be right on Rotherham's heels, having a +10 to RUFC's +11. Currently, they sit eleventh.

Okay, gushing over, onto the downside :P Stevenage (22) sit bottom, having won just once in their last nine matches - strangely, the win was against Swindon (37), who are fairly close to playoff position. Bristol City (24) is next up the ladder, but they at least one game in hand on everyone in the league except Crawley due to the batcrap insane weather that seemed to be affecting Europe earlier this month, and with the logjam near the bottom of the table, they may be able to move up from there quite quickly if they play their cards right:

(games played in parentheses)

(28) 16. Notts County - 27, -7, 36 GF
(26) 17. Oldham Athletic - 27, -7, 27 GF
(26) 18. Carlisle United - 27, -17
(27) 19. Crewe Alexandra - 27, -26
(26) 20. Sheffield United - 26, -9, 26 GF, 6W-8D-12L
---------------------------------------------------------------------
(27) 21. Shrewsbury Town - 26, -9, 26 GF, 6W-8D-13L
(26) 22. Tranmere Rovers - 25
(25) 23. Bristol City - 24
(26) 24. Stevenage - 22

See what I mean? And that's just the "within-three" club above the red zone. I didn't really bother to involve Crawley (30) in this list because they have four games in hand on the team behind them and three on the team in front of them (Gillingham has 32 points). I would consider Notts County to be at a major disadvantage because only two teams - Shrewsbury and Crewe - have fewer than two games in hand on them. Maybe they'll weather the storm. Maybe they won't. Who knows?

LEAGUE TWO

The top part of the table is incredibly close at this point. Sc*nthorpe (48) is clinging to a one-point lead over Rochdale (47), but they're likely even more worried about the four teams behind them because of the same screwy weather that has affected higher-level League matches causing discrepancies in the schedule. Everyone from eighth place up has games in hand on Rochdale, save Rochdale themselves. This includes third-place Burton Albion (46), fourth-place Chesterfield (45, +15), fifth-place Southend (45, +12), sixth-place Fleetwood (44) and seventh-place Oxford United (42), who have a game in hand on Sc*nthorpe, and eighth-place Newport (38), who have a game in hand on Fleetwood and Oxford and two on everyone else I just mentioned except Rochdale.

PHEW! That was flipping confusing. 8D

Other end. Northampton (22) needs to smarten up, with the closest team they have a game in hand on that isn't in the red being Portsmouth (28). Torquay (26) isn't quite as bad-off, being only one point behind Bristol Rovers (27), but the problem there is - you guessed it - game in hand for Bristol Rovers :P Bury, Wycombe, (both also 28) and Accrington Stanley (29) are all also in immediate danger, should either of the red-zoners decide to put together some good form.

I'll leave Conference until next update. The schedule's still a bit screwy down there.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #278 on: March 22, 2014, 05:00:51 AM »
I gotta do this.

CHAMPIONSHIP

We're down to the home stretch - aka the last ten matches of the season, unless you're Charlton who is still catching up on their matches :P - and it seems that Leicester (80) is starting to pull away up top, with Burnley (73) well ahead of the playoff bracket. Yes, Leicester is 17 points clear of the playoffs and Burnley 10, so we may yet see David Edgar back in the Prems! Would be good news for longsuffering Canadian football fans.

The top two in the playoffs are Derby and QPR (both 63), with Wigan (59) having pulled themselves up from being lower-mid-table earlier this season to being fifth, and Nottingham Forest (57) with their eyes on Reading and Brighton & Hove (both 56), possessing the last playoff spot and all. :P While nobody's mathematically out of the running yet, the only other teams I could see getting up into the playoff contender area based on points and/or form are Ipswich (51), Blackburn (49), Watford (48), and maybe Bournemouth (46).

The other end is much closer. You've got four teams vying for one spot, too, which will make the relegation battle even more interesting, barring a collapse or an epic run of form. Both Charlton, the lowest team out of the red, and Millwall, the top team in it, have the same number of points, 32, but Millwall has a crapton of catching up to do in goal differential if they want to survive and fight another season, and Charlton has three games in hand on both them and the teams immediately ahead of them, Donny Rovers and Birmingham (both 37). It'll be interesting to see if any of the current red-zoners can pull themselves to safety. But not all is doom and gloom. CAFC's next two matches are against Burnley and Nott Forest. Burnley will probably run rout over them, and Forest has as much incentive to play their arses off as Charlton does, for entirely different reasons.

Yeovil (30) and Barnsley (29) aren't at all far behind, either, so like I said, it's gonna be interesting. May the best team stay afloat!

LEAGUE ONE

Much closer up top, although the schedule right now is batcrap insane, with the number of games played mostly varying between 35-37, and Crawley only having played 33.

Anyway, Wolverhampton (77), Brentford (76), and Leyton Orient (74) are the front-runners for automatic promotion, but I wouldn't write off Preston North End (69) or Rotherham (66) just yet. Peterborough (58) on the other hand, not sure they'll be able to pull off a rise like that. And they're six points ahead of the closest competition, MK Dons (52), who have a leg up on Walsall (49) and Swindon (48) but also give two games in hand up to on-form Sheffield United (also 48).

Other end is very close as well. Notts County (31) is the only club really lagging behind, and even they are only three back of Shrewsbury (34), six back of Stevenage and Crewe (both 37), and 7 points out of safety. A good run of form for any red zoner would put them right back in the game. Which should have Carlisle (38), Oldham, and Tranmere (both 39) watching their heinies. In less immediate but still very real danger are Coventry, Bristol City, and Colcs U (all 42).

LEAGUE TWO

Well, League Two's about the same as League One. Close up top, close at the bottom. Rochdale (67), Chesterfield (66), and Sc*nthorpe (65) hold down the top three spots, with Fleetwood, Burton (both 61), and Oxford U (59) being within relative striking distance. A ways further back is Plymouth (54), who are probably more likely looking over their shoulders at Southend United (53), and at hard-charging York (52) who are on an eight-game unbeaten streak (6W 2D). I'd argue that Dag & Red, Hartlepool (both 49), Cheltenham (48), and perhaps even Morecambe (47), could make a move on the playoff pack as well, but we'll see.

Much like League One, the team in last place isn't even that far from safety. Torquay (36) are only five behind Exeter (41) and they've won two of their last three. Northampton (38) are only a win away from Exeter. And the bottom half of the table, I'd argue, could all be in some danger of relegation at this point. With only six points separating Northampton from Accrington Stanley and AFC Wimbledon (both 44), with Bristol Rovers, Mansfield (both 43), Bury, Wycombe, and Pompey (all 42) in between, it's going to be a wild finish.

CONFERENCE PREMIER

Still messed up down here, but whatever. Luton (77) has a 10-point lead and two games in hand on second-place Alfreton (67). If I were them I'd be more worried about Cambridge (66), who have played the same number of games as them. Nuneaton (61) hold down fourth, and what follows is the mother of all points logjams (games played in parentheses):

4. (38) Nuneaton - 61
5. (37) Kidderminster - 58
---------------------------------------------------------
6. (36) Forest Green - 57, +19
7. (37) Halifax - 57, +17
8. (34) Grimsby - 57, +16
9. (38) Barnet - 57, +5
10. (37) Gateshead - 56
11. (37) Salisbury - 55
12. (39) Lincoln - 53
13. (33) Braintree - 52, +14
14. (37) Welling - 52, +4

Of course, this is only those clubs within six points of a playoff spot. Says nothing about the teams that aren't all that far behind. If you were to look at all the clubs within nine points of a playoff spot, you'd have all but three teams outside the red zone. Seriously.

Hyde (10) hasn't a chance in hell of staying alive at this point. With only eight matches left in their season, even if they were to win all of them they'd still come up six points short of the first team outside, Chester (40). The other three teams, though, are still very much alive. Tamworth (32) and Dartford (34) have some serious work to do if they're going to make it, but Aldershot (38) isn't that far off at all. Actually, if the 'Shots do come out of admins and manage to get their 10-point penalty overturned, they'd probably be in the clear. So they need to keep fighting. Southport (41) and Hereford (42) are also in immediate danger of relegation.

CONFERENCE NORTH

Screwy schedules aside, it seems the Conference North has turned into a two-horse race between North Ferriby (69) and Telford (68). But I'd still watch Altrincham (57) because they're a bit behind on their games played. That and Hednesford (59) hit a bump in their form, dropping two matches by a combined scoreline of 7-1, including an embarrassing 3-1 performance against 17th-place Gainsborough Trinity, before coming back with a win over Colwyn Bay.

The playoff spots are pretty tight though. Boston (56) is just one back of Altrincham and Harrogate, as is Brackley (also 56), and Solihull (54), in spite of having the most games played of any club in the league (jointly with Vauxhall Motors), is still an immediate contender. Guiseley (52) is more of a dark horse, but not to be underestimated all the same.

If you looked at the bottom you'd be tempted to go, "well, Workington's screwed!" Except their number of games is considerably lower than the teams they're chasing to stay afloat. Workington (21) and Oxford City (28) have 31 and 30 games played respectively, giving them two and three games in hand respectively on Stalybridge Celtic (31). So it's not as big a gap to close as it might first appear. ;) Histon (29) is closer, but have played one more game than Staly Celtic. The only other team I'd say is in immediate danger is Gloucester City (32).

CONFERENCE SOUTH

The top is closer here than in the North, with Eastleigh (67) and Bromley (66) within a point, but hard-charging Sutton (62) looking good as well. They've an 11-game unbeaten streak (9W 2D) and a five-game win streak going at the moment. Ebbsfleet (58) could go into maintenance mode right now as they aren't really in immediate danger of losing their playoff spot, but Dover (53) need to keep their eyes on Bath (50), Eastbourne (49), and Weston-super-Mare (48).

The bottom-end of the table is ridiculously close right now. Three of the four lowest clubs have the same number of points, 29; these are Maidenhead, Gosport, and Whitehawk (Maidenhead is outside the red by goal differential at the moment). In fairness to Gosport, though, they have three games in hand on Maidenhead and Whitehawk, and two in hand on Tonbridge Angels (31) and Hayes and Yeading (33), the other two teams in more immediate danger. Dorchester (26) aren't that far behind in points, but their goal differential is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay the crap behind. :P They're -18 worse than the second-worst team in the league (Tonbridge are an already sketchy -23) and even further behind their fellow red-zoners. SMARTEN UP, CRAZEH FOO'S!

Well, that's it for now. :)

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #279 on: April 05, 2014, 11:51:36 PM »
Mini-update:

CHAMPIONSHIP

- Leicester has clinched Premier League promotion with a win today against Sheffield Wednesday.

LEAGUE ONE

- Wolverhampton, Brentford, Rotherham, Leyton Orient, and Preston North End can do no worse than finishing in playoff position.
- Wolverhampton can clinch promotion to Championship with two more wins.

LEAGUE TWO

- Rochdale and Sc*nthorpe can now finish no worse than playoff position.
- two more losses and Torquay's toast. :P

CONFERENCE PREMIER

- Luton needs two wins to clinch the Conference title.

CONFERENCE SOUTH

- Dorchester basically has to win every match from here on in to have a chance of staying afloat
- There will be matches basically every day next week to make up for postponed matches earlier in the year.

FEEDERS

- Wealdstone FC can clinch the Isthmian League championship and promotion to Conference South with a win.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #280 on: April 06, 2014, 05:30:55 AM »
Very happy with Leicester getting to the Premiership, I have a few friends there. So will make trip there next season  :up:

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #281 on: April 06, 2014, 06:56:29 AM »
Yeah. Canadian veteran Iain Hume played there for a while, too. Anyway, I bet it feels good for them to get back into the top flight after being absent for a decade.

Well done  :up:  Will be pulling for Burnley to get in as well.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #282 on: April 14, 2014, 04:31:23 AM »
Mini-update:

CHAMPIONSHIP

- Burnley (83) can finish no worse than fifth, effectively clinching a playoff spot or better.
- Derby County (75) needs only two points in its last four matches to clinch a playoff spot. They can also still finish in the automatic promotion zone but needs Burnley to lose all but one of its matches, and win all of its, in order to do so.
- Bar of safety at 52 points.

LEAGUE ONE

- Wolverhampton (93) has clinched automatic promotion to the Championship. Their magic number is 6 - the combination of points they gain and those Brentford (87) drop needs to equal six for them to win the League One title. Brentford's magic number is also 6; that is the number of points they need for automatic promotion.
- 5 is Peterborough's (67) magic number. That is the number of points they need to clinch a playoff spot. They'd be safer with six, but if they can keep their goal differential ahead of Swindon's (60) they'll be alright. A draw and a loss for Swindon would also suffice.
- Bar of safety at 55 points.

LEAGUE TWO

- Chesterfield (74) has clinched at least a playoff spot.
- Bar of safety at 58 points.

CONFERENCE PREMIER

- Luton (92) can clinch Conference title with a win or a Cambridge (82) loss.
- Cambridge is the only team that has clinched a playoff spot.
- Tamworth (33) is officially hooped, joining Hyde (10) who were done in long ago.
- only three non-red-zoners, Southport (49), Chester (46), and Aldershot (45) are under the bar of safety, which sits at 54.

CONFERENCE NORTH

- Telford (78) has clinched a playoff spot; while sixth-place Guiseley (68) can max out at 80 points, fifth-place Boston U (also 68) can only max out at 77.
- the bar of safety is 44 points. Of the non-red-zoners, only Gainsborough Trinity, Gloucester City (both 42), Vauxhall Motors (41), and Oxford City (36) can still be relegated.

CONFERENCE SOUTH

- Eastleigh (80) can clinch the title with a win, combined with a non-win from Sutton United (74).
- Sutton can clinch a playoff spot with a draw, and Bromley (73) can do so with a win.
- The bar of safety is 51. (Bishop's Stortford doesn't even need to do anything to go clear, either, all they have to do is hope Maidenhead doesn't win another game. :P )

FEEDERS

- In spite of being on a three-game winless streak, Wealdstone now only need a point , or a Bognor Regis non-win on Tuesday, to clinch the Isthmian League title.

- Holy crap, is the Southern League close or what? Hemel Hempstead (96) leads the way but has played one more match than Chesham (91). Both have clinched at least playoff spots. Hemel Hempstead have three matches remaining while Chesham, who are on a thirteen-game win streak, have four.

- In the Northern League, Chorley (90), FC United of Manchester (84), and AFC Fylde (also 84) have clinched at least playoff spots. it's close enough, though, that Chorley has to win all its remaining matches to safely clinch first place, or have FCUM and Fylde lose a couple.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #283 on: April 18, 2014, 08:57:26 PM »
Mini-update:

CHAMPIONSHIP

- Burnley (86) have all but clinched promotion to the Prems, and if Derby (75) drops even one point in the remaining matches this season, Burnley are on up without having to go through playoffs.

- QPR (73) and Wigan (70) can clinch playoff spots with a win. QPR could also go clear with a draw.

- bar of safety is at 51. Sheff W (53) went clear by beating Bournemouth today, and Leeds can go clear with a draw or win, or a loss for Blackpool (42, 3 games remaining).

LEAGUE ONE

- Brentford (90) clinched promotion to the Championship thanks to the combination of a win over Preston North End and a Leyton Orient (80) loss against Crawley (55).

- Leyton Orient, Preston North End (79), and Rotherham (also 79) have clinched playoff spots.

- Bar of safety is still 55.

LEAGUE TWO

- Fleetwood (72) have clinched at least a playoff spot. Burton Albion (68) can basically join them tomorrow with a win over Hartlepool
- Torquay (39) is all but doomed to relegation after losing to Dag & Red earlier today. Safety is at 47 points and they can now only max out at 48
- bar of safety is at 56.

CONFERENCE PREMIER

- Luton (92) are Conference champions after Cambridge U (82) lost to Lincoln City. This is in spite of Luton themselves losing, 3-2 against close playoff contenders Braintree (72).
- Bar of safety is still at 54.

CONFERENCE NORTH

- Joint points leaders North Ferriby and Telford (both 78) have clinched at least playoff spots.
- Oxford City (36) have been dinged three points for fielding an ineligible player.
- Vauxhall Motors (41) have decided to resign from Conference and return to the county league level, in efforts to stabilise their finances. This is a relief for Workington (27), who would otherwise be all but eliminated from contention. It also means that Histon (32, -24) is outside the red zone on goal differential, over Stalybridge Celtic (32, -34)
- The bar of safety is 41, meaning that the only non-red-zoner (under regular circumstances) that could be relegated at this point is Oxford City.

CONFERENCE SOUTH

- Eastleigh (86) are Conference South champs after beating Basingstoke today.
- Sutton U (74) and Bromley (73) clinched playoff spots on Tuesday, as Dover lost against Eastleigh.
- Bar of safety is at 50.
- Dorchester (30) is doomed to relegation.

FEEDERS

- Congratulations to Wealdstone FC (93) for being the Isthmian League Champions! They are now promoted to Conference South.

- In the Northern League, Worksop (84) have clinched a playoff spot.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
« Reply #284 on: April 22, 2014, 12:20:29 AM »
Another mini-update:

CHAMPIONSHIP

- A win will give Leicester (93) the Football League Championship.
- Burnley (89) has clinched automatic promotion to the Premiership.
- Derby (81) has clinched home-pitch advantage in the playoffs.
- QPR (76) can clinch home-pitch advantage with a win.
- Wigan (70) can clinch a playoff spot with a draw, or if Nottingham Forest (65) drops points in the last two matches.
- either of Birmingham or Blackpool (43) can doom Yeovil (37) to relegation with a win or draw.
- bar of safety is 49.

LEAGUE ONE

- Wolverhampton (99) have clinched the League One title.
- Peterborough (70) can clinch the last playoff spot with a win.
- bar of safety is 53.
- Shrewsbury (41) are doomed to relegation if they drop any points, or if any three of Colcs U, Tranmere, Crewe (all 47), Notts County (46), or Carlisle (44) hit 48 points. In other words, they're pretty much boned. :P
- Stevenage (39) is doomed to relegation.

LEAGUE TWO

- Super close up-top. Sc*nthorpe (80) can clinch automatic promotion if they win or draw another match or if Fleetwood (75) drops any points.
- The worst Chesterfield, Rochdale (both 78), or Fleetwood can do is home-pitch advantage in the playoffs.
- Southend (68) has basically clinched a playoff spot. They only need a draw, or for Oxford (62) to drop points.
- York (67) can clinch a playoff spot with a win or an Oxford loss.
- Torquay (42) still needs all six remaining points and for Northampton, Bristol, and/or Wycombe to lose both remaining matches, to remain afloat, but the fact that they're still afloat now is a miracle! :P
- Bar of safety is at 53.

CONFERENCE PREMIER

Only one match left!

- Cambridge (82) has third-place locked down.
- Braintree (73) can still make the playoffs; for this to happen could be as simple as them winning by two and Gateshead (76) losing. The odds are against them as they face Grimsby (77) in their last match, but they can still do it, especially since Gateshead is playing against Cambridge.
- Dartford (44) is relegated, but there is still a chance of Hereford (48) staying up; Chester must beat Salisbury (66) to take away any chance of Hereford succeeding. Even a draw would doom them if Hereford were to beat Aldershot (51).

CONFERENCE NORTH

- Telford (82) has only a point's edge on North Ferriby (81). Right down to the wire! Okay, here's the deal:

-- Both teams win/both teams draw, Telford wins title: North Ferriby gets home-pitch in the playoffs.
-- North Ferriby wins, Telford draws/loses: North Ferriby wins title, Telford gets home-pitch the playoffs.
-- North Ferriby draws, Telford loses: North Ferriby wins title on goal differential, Telford gets home-pitch.
- Telford draws, North Ferriby loses/both teams lose: North Ferriby may fall to third since Altrincham (78) have superior goal differential - if they win against Histon (and they probably will :P) they would be even in points with NFUAFC. A less likely but possible scenario would see them fall to fourth place, if both Altrincham and Hednesford win, but Hednesford would have to win by seven or more or NFUAFC would really have to brick it against Brackley (66)

So yeah, anything can happen.

- Boston (72) can still snatch the last playoff spot from Guiseley (75) with a win and a Guiseley loss.
- In spite of the reprieve of Vauxhall's resignation, Histon (32) is still relegated. This means that Oxford City and Stalybridge Celtic (both 36) are both in the clear.

CONFERENCE SOUTH

- Sutton (80) and Bromley (77) have home-pitch advantage in the playoffs.
- Dover (66) has the odds against them to make the playoffs at the moment. They'd have to win their remaining match and hope that one of Ebbsfleet or Havant and Waterlooville (both 68) lose both theirs.
- Tonbridge Angels (39) are doomed to relegation.
- Bar of safety is 48 as Maidenhead (42) still has two matches remaining.

FEEDERS

- Playoffs still not set in stone in the Isthmian League, even with just a single match left!
-- That said, Bognor Regis (85) is guaranteed home-pitch advantage.
-- Kingstonian (84) have clinched a playoff spot as well.
-- Hornchurch (80) and Maidstone (78) can still get into the playoffs.
- Hemel Hempstead (102) are Southern League Champions, and will probably be in Conference South next season.
- Chesham (91) is a lock in second place, while Cambridge City (85) has also clinched a playoff spot.
- In the Northern League, the top five will finish as the top five, but it's the ordering that hasn't been determined yet, with the exception of Ashton United (80) who will finish fifth.
-- Chorley (94) and FC United of Manchester (93) are battling by proxy for first.
-- Fylde (90) and Worksop (88) are battling by proxy for third.
-- To a lesser extent FC United and Fylde are at each other's throats for second.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!