« on: October 02, 2016, 07:26:23 AM »

Tottenham
____

v
____

Manchester City

Barclays Premier League - Oct 2nd  - KO 14:15    - Ground: White Hart Lane

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Tottenham v Manchester City
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 06:22:23 PM »
Well, what can one say? Two clubs - that is undefeated clubs (City & Spurs) - met each other this afternoon. City had the better scoring record, but Spurs had the best defence, but we won. And we missed a penalty. But we out played them in the first half. We hassled them and when we did lose the ball we quickly got it back. Second half City improved, but not enough.

We had 58% of the game, against the league leaders (undefeated league leaders until they met a powerful Spurs team). Tottenham deservedly ended Pep Guardiola's perfect Premier League start. City, under their new manager, had won their previous six games and 10 of his previous 11 matches in charge, but City were outplayed by a powerful Spurs side. We dominated from the start and were in front early on when Kolarov own goal, followed by an Alli goal.

We are now 2nd in the league, a point behind City. On the matches that have been played so far Spurs are good enough to be in the top 4. City are still strong favourites with probably Liverpool not that far behind. Ars*nal, United and Chelsea... and maybe Everton fighting it out for 4th spot. But, no doubt somebody will point out that it is still early days yet. But, nevertheless what a good start we've had. :up:

I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 09:07:34 AM »
A solid back 4, and great performance from Wanyama were the standout features for me. Also Son & Ali were superb. Happy days !!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 06:11:53 PM »
A solid back 4, and great performance from Wanyama were the standout features for me. Also Son & Ali were superb. Happy days !!
I also think we should give special mention to Sissoko. When we bought him people criticised Spurs for buying him (he wasn't worth the money). On Sunday I thought he had a brilliant game. He has fitted in quickly with the team and he showed touches of brilliance. He also works hard. We must remember that when he played for Newcastle United, they were struggling and heads dropped. In the Spurs team he has to compete with top players, who are at their fittest. So far I would say an inspired purchase.

Another point: people have been saying that City were a player short. We were bloody three players short. What that tells you is that we've got a good squad. All I will say; have a rest Kane and get well soon... we are ok at the moment. :up:
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 08:43:42 PM »
Sissoko worked hard, but I wouldnt go as far as saying that he had a brilliant game!  On the other hand,  Vanyama was excellent, Son and Delli superb.

I did not have time to make a prediction, but If i had, I would have gone for a 2-3 with Deli to score first.

:dance:

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 04:29:43 PM »
Sissoko worked hard, but I wouldnt go as far as saying that he had a brilliant game!  On the other hand,  Vanyama was excellent, Son and Delli superb.

I did not have time to make a prediction, but If i had, I would have gone for a 2-3 with Deli to score first.

:dance:

I know when I watched him I was very impressed with his skills and work rate.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do