SpursNetwork

Tottenham v Qarabag

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Tottenham v Qarabag
« on: September 18, 2015, 03:39:25 AM »
A nice debut for Heung-Min Son who scored a brace around a half-hour mark, after we'd fallen behind from a penalty from 7th minute. Lamela scored the third goal shortly before the end of the match. Still a lot of work to do...

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Tottenham v Qarabag
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 04:23:26 PM »
I thought we were the better side. From the start I didn't think we would lose. Son played very well and I also thought Lamela played well as well, but miss a terrible sitter. It will be interesting to see who Pochettino picks for the Palace game. In his first season the team picked itself. This time - and with Masons etc supposed to be fit - he is spoilt for choice.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 05:02:45 PM »
Great to see Son get up and running, nice to win, performance wise we played in patches, good stuff and some real shocking defending! we really do need to play at a higher tempo and stop giving needless passes away, take nothing away from  Qarabag they broke in numbers with pace and playced some slick moves themselves so we can count our self lucky there finishing never matched the attacking play :) Lamela scored and had a better second half to make up for his bad first half so positives there!, overall very happy with a winning start, looking forward to Palace Sunday now.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Spursx

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 07:46:53 PM »
I thought we played well, but I would like to see us against tougher opposition. We gave away a stupid goal, but we were the better side. Son could replace Kane if he doesn't start scoring. I think Kane will start against Palace, but I hope Son also plays.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 12:43:37 PM »
I thought Spurs showed promise and I was very pleased with our result and the way we got it. Son will become an important part of our striking force and will work well with Kane. It was a pity that we gave away a stupid penalty, but we made up for it with 3 goals. I was also pleased the Eric Lamela scored for us. He is also starting to show promise and is getting used to our tough league. Our next match against the Eagles will be a good showcase to show everybody how we’ve developed since last season. :hide: :dance: :dance: :dance: