SpursNetwork

Leicester City 1 Spurs 1

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Leicester City 1 Spurs 1
« on: August 23, 2015, 04:27:32 PM »
It is pretty obvious after yesterday's match that we need another striker. Rumours on who we are going to buy are coming in thick and thin. We also need to tighten up our defence.

Tottenham broke the deadlock with nine minutes to go when Dele Alli converted Nacer Chadli's cross from close range. Unfortunately Mahrez scored 90 seconds later. The foxes didn’t give up and almost scored another, fortunately Lloris saved a West Morgan header. But this draw allowed them to move to the top of the table, head of United.

Mauricio Pochettino: "It was 50/50, a very difficult game for both teams. Second half we played much better. "I am disappointed with the draw. Last game against Stoke we lost a 2-0 lead and we did it again. We deserved more again but it is a shame. "I am angry and disappointed, not frustrated. The mistake we made today is difficult to explain."

Tottenham had 65% of the procession. Six shots to their 2 on target. On top of that Spurs had 7 corners to their 2. Spurs should have come away with a resounding victory. But for the third week they dropped points.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Spursx

Re: Leicester City 1 Spurs 1
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 07:07:38 PM »
I was at the game yesterday and I thought we played well and should have won. As you pointed out we had most of the possession. Leicester were very lucky to have got a draw. What also showed was our lack of firepower. It was stupid to expect one striker,and a young one at that, to shoulder everything. I hope the rumours are true about us getting a new striker, because without another striker we will struggle and certainly won’t make the top six. I can also imagine the fans turning on Levy, and what about our manager? Will he want to stay if Levy doesn’t fund his team? We’ve played three games, and all of them, we could have won if we had another striker. We do have talent and ability in all departments except in the forward department. So come on Levy, rattle your purse strings and purchase.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
Re: Leicester City 1 Spurs 1
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 10:17:22 AM »
I was at the game on Saturday and I thought we threw it away. So frustrating, so annoying. I agree with Pulis, the WBA manager, when he said the transfer window should close at th start of the season.

If we are not careful teams will enjoy meeting us and at least hope for a point.

Ali seems to have been a good signing and a future prospect. Glad Carroll came on and was given a chance. Next game Newcastle and we need to win badly. otherwise the top 4 will get further and further away from us.