SpursNetwork

Man Utd 1 Spurs 0

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Man Utd 1 Spurs 0
« on: August 12, 2015, 04:31:25 PM »
The good news about this match was that we didn't concede a goal from United (even though we helped them win by scoring their victory goal ourselves).

I thought we started off strong and ended strong, but faded in the middle. I was surprised, however, that near the end they didn't bring on Tom Carroll. Vorm did pretty well in goal.

We had 50% of the procession. Shots were evenly spaced at 9 each. We had for on target to their 1 and also got 2 corners to their one.

Personally I thought it was a good start (apart from giving them an own goal). Also considering we were at United's ground.

What we do need is better quality on the bench and hopefully that will be rectified soon.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
Re: Man Utd 1 Spurs 0
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 07:10:58 PM »
I wouldn't call it good news and I wasn't greatly impressed with our draw. Spurs needed more fire power and I hope that we get it before the transfer window closes or we will struggle to make the top 6, let alone anything higher.

As for Carroll, I am not sure about him yet. He scored a good goal in a friendly, but that is what it was, only a friendly. The next game coming up is against Stoke and they are no pushover. Liverpool were lucky to beat them and unless we are firing on all cylinders we are going to have problems.

Offline Spursx

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 07:26:32 PM »
I looked in earlier and I couldn't see any posts for this match and I thought either everybody was dead or on holiday. You are slacking voice as this match was 6 days ago. Anyway, joking aside, I thought the match showed promise, but I agree with everybody that we need more firepower up front. We just can't reply on Kane all season otherwise we will be in serious trouble. The other two strikers look like they are going to be sold and Carroll is too inexperienced. I am looking forward to the Stoke game. Both clubs need a good win after their 1-0 defeats. So come on you Spurs and full throttle ahead.

Offline Don

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 02:10:39 PM »
Howdy,

We should have came away from this match with three points in the bag. Very disappointing. I think United have been very lucky so far. Walker's slip up made them look better than they were, at least on paper.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 07:01:12 PM »
Hi Don,

I predicted a win as well. Early days yet, but that doesn't mean we should take things for granted.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.