SpursNetwork

AC Milan 0 Spurs 2

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
AC Milan 0 Spurs 2
« on: August 05, 2015, 07:43:35 PM »
After their defeat the other day to Bale's Real Madrid they beat AC Milan with a mixture of young and experienced. Chadli scored the first goal after 10 minutes and in the second half Carroll scored in the 70th minute.

Team:

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
48Luke McGee
16Kieran Trippier
5Jan Vertonghen
21Federico Fazio
33Ben Davies
42Nabil Bentaleb
15Eric Dier
47Josh Onomah
11Erik Lamela
28Tom Carroll
15Nacer Chadli

Subs:

1Hugo Lloris
13Michel Vorm
4Toby Alderweireld
3Danny Rose
2Kyle Walker
27Kevin Wimmer
20Dele Alli
19Mousa Dembele
23Christian Eriksen
38Ryan Mason
44Harry Winks
18Harry Kane

I am pleased to see Carroll score.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: AC Milan 0 Spurs 2
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 06:52:23 AM »
A good game to finish the pre-season. Too bad, the United game is only two days away and the squad is still in Germany.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 04:34:06 PM »
A good game to finish the pre-season. Too bad, the United game is only two days away and the squad is still in Germany.

I don't think that will be a great problem as most that played won't be picked for the main team.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Spursx

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 07:41:40 PM »
I was going to this match and ended up watching it on TV. Whether they win or not such matches are not an indicator in how Spurs or any team will do in the up and coming season. They are just try outs for bringing on youngsters. Or putting it another way, money earners.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 09:56:31 AM »
Finishing 3rd in such a friendly isn't that bad. Nobody was going to kill themselves for such a game and our youngsters got a good run out. So I suppose it achieved its goal.

Jane x

Offline Don

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 02:30:56 PM »
Howdy,

For friendly’s they used to have the Blues against the Whites. First team against the Reserves. That was the match the started our season. Now it is about travelling to exotic locations, but then the supporters didn’t have the money and most fans came from the area their team was situated in. Our idea of a exotic location was going to another town. Now fans travel all over the world to watch their team.

You’ll have to forgive an old duffer like me reminiscing to days long gone by. That is the nature of age. Too much looking backwards and not enough forward throttle. But I suppose once we start winning more trophies, have a bigger stadium and another double (not drink, but titles) in the can, can we really allow the present to tickle our memory glands, as the past had done.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 07:00:05 PM »
Howdy,

For friendly’s they used to have the Blues against the Whites. First team against the Reserves. That was the match the started our season. Now it is about travelling to exotic locations, but then the supporters didn’t have the money and most fans came from the area their team was situated in. Our idea of a exotic location was going to another town. Now fans travel all over the world to watch their team.

You’ll have to forgive an old duffer like me reminiscing to days long gone by. That is the nature of age. Too much looking backwards and not enough forward throttle. But I suppose once we start winning more trophies, have a bigger stadium and another double (not drink, but titles) in the can, can we really allow the present to tickle our memory glands, as the past had done.

I am also from those times and I am sure that a lot of young supporters would love to hear your reminiscing. This forum is for the young, old and nearly dead. So fire away. ;)
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Spursx

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 05:48:19 PM »
Howdy,

I like to hear those old stories, and I am sure other forum Spurs supporters do. We are a mixture of young, old and experienced. Spurs has a great history and we should never forget it. But I would like to have had a bit closer history to talk about, something that the current young fan has witnessed. We live in hope.