« on: March 13, 2014, 12:28:31 PM »

Tottenham
____

v
____

Benfica

Europa League - 13th March - KO 20:05 - Ground: White Hart Lane

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline yidmafioso

• Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Benfica
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 12:41:32 PM »
I`ll go for a 2-1 spurs win with benfica to take the second leg by the same score.Then we go out on penalties as per usual :(
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 01:12:00 PM »
I see the probable line up is

Lloris
Naughton Kaboul Verthonghen Rose
Townsend Sandro Dembele Eriksen
Soldado Adebayor

For me, that has a far better balanced look about it. However, I still dont really fancy our chances unless we can keep a clean sheet tonight. Even 0-0 wouldn't be bad. What we musn't do is lose the tie in the first leg, as Arses and Man City did.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 01:13:36 PM »
I've also gone for a 2-1 victory. But it will be hard and Spurs must be on top of their game.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 03:31:02 PM »
I see the probable line up is

Lloris
Naughton Kaboul Verthonghen Rose
Townsend Sandro Dembele Eriksen
Soldado Adebayor

For me, that has a far better balanced look about it. However, I still dont really fancy our chances unless we can keep a clean sheet tonight. Even 0-0 wouldn't be bad. What we musn't do is lose the tie in the first leg, as Arses and Man City did.

I like this line up aswell, shows we intend to have a go! at least on paper anyway! we need to score realisticly 3 goals tonight because I feel we will concede  at least one at home :-[ , with our nervousness and many many mistakes lately I can not see us keeping a clean sheet so with that said, we need to really go for it!, pin them back from the start! no standing off them!, get into them and give them no time on the ball. with Sandro and Dembelle we should have that!, so if we dont do anything stupid we I think be ok.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 08:56:35 PM »
1 DOWN what a surprise!. started of bright then we get caught out with there first attack! and now we look like we normaly do SHYTE!, already started making little errors passing the ball to the opposition!, playing blind passes!, and we are so narrow the players are nearly joined at the hip! same old Tottenham :(
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 10:10:56 PM »
 :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Did you know there is a circus in town? roll up roll up get your laughters here! roll up roll up!

Our all star main attraction.... (drum roll)................................................................................

Tooooooootttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmm

Hoooooooooooooottttttttttttttttttttsssssssssssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!.

Laughter guaranteed! or your money back!!!!!!. :-[ :'( :'( :'( .

RUBBISH ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!!!.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 10:58:09 PM »
Another dismal display. Awful passing, bad marking, all bad apart from Eriksen's goal which gave a glimmer of hope
and then goal no. 3! :tickedoff:

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 06:54:35 AM »
Awful , truly , truly awful .There wasn`t one player in a spurs shirt that deserves a place in the side on sunday or next season on that display .The back four was all over the place , the midfield couldn`t string two passes together and the forwards didn`t even have a shot on taget between them .If we`d played like this back in september we`d be in a relegation battle by now .I have to say as well , i`ve stuck up for tim sherwood so far but i really do feel that he doesn`t have the players on side . It`s not all his fault as i`ve said previously but some of his selections and substitutions baffle me .Two one down and he takes off sandro and brings on bentaleb ???? He started with harry kane and then gave soldado barely 15 minutes ???

As i said truly awful :'(

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 08:11:47 AM »
Personally I now think that the events of the last 2 years have come home to roost. We are finally back in the same position that we were when Harry took over.

For me the time has come to draw up a list of players who are actually good enough ( not many ) then assuming that we can persuade them to stay, bring in Van Gaal if he still wants it, and set about yet another rebuild, for the AVB experiment has gone horribly wrong.

Players who are good enough.  Lloris Verthonghen ( though he has looked crap lately ) Kaboul Erikssen Bentaleb Sandro Townsend  and quite frankly thats about it. Is it any wonder we are getting smashed nearly every game now ??

Tim Sherwood. Though I don't lay the blame all at his door, he obviously lacks the necessary experience to sort our bunch of s**te out, and does not seem to know what system, or players, he wants to use from one game to the next.

Kyle Naughton at left back ?? Harry no goals Kane up front ?? Why did Soldado not start with Ade, and Townsend instead of Lennon ?? In fact, was Lennon even playing ?? Or JVT or Paulinho for that matter.

I get fed up stating the bleeding obvious, but yet again we failed to deal with 2 crosses into the box ( goals 2 + 3 ) and for the first one, we give away possession for the umpteenth time, and our slow cumbersome switched off defence don't get away with it that time.

We had not one effing effort on target, save for Erikssens brilliant free kick. Without Lloris and some luck, it could have been 6 - 1.

I have not ever been this angry about our club and where it is going.

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 03:20:06 PM »
I think you have just about summed it up RSS and the Sherwood has words with Jesus at the end, just to confirm that "it is getting to him".  The only consolation would be if we beat the Gooners on Sunday, but does anyone here believe we will?

So with all that in mind, where do we go from here? do we hang on to Sherwood or do we hire someone else in the hope that this someone will be big enough to, 1: keep our key players and 2: attract new ones better than the shower we bought last year.

I have praised Sherwood a few weeks ago for the good football he gave us. It seems that the honeymoon is over now. I will always wonder if AVB would have been as bad?

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 06:36:38 PM »
I think you have just about summed it up RSS and the Sherwood has words with Jesus at the end, just to confirm that "it is getting to him".  The only consolation would be if we beat the Gooners on Sunday, but does anyone here believe we will?

So with all that in mind, where do we go from here? do we hang on to Sherwood or do we hire someone else in the hope that this someone will be big enough to, 1: keep our key players and 2: attract new ones better than the shower we bought last year.

I have praised Sherwood a few weeks ago for the good football he gave us. It seems that the honeymoon is over now. I will always wonder if AVB would have been as bad?

Sherwood is not the man to take us forward or sort out our issues, he doesnt have the experience or professionalism. 

To have any hope we need a seasoned manager who can manage big egos, has mileage under his belt and has achieved in the past what we would like to achieve as a club in the future!

For us to turn things next season we need to get back to the foundations, Levy needs to sort himself out or step out, a suitable manager is required and key players kept and some shrewd signings needed.

For me manager wise its either Van Gaal or as much as I hate to say it Cappello ( i was dead against it before) but now I would take his approach to get us back on track and almost wish he was AVB replacement as he certainly couldnt do any worse than TS is now!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 07:28:41 PM »
I`m afraid it`s going to take more than a change of manager to sort out the problems at spurs .Levy needs to go and we need someone who won`t interfere or push the panic button every two or three years .Successful clubs have stability and consistency .The two things that we haven`t had for too many years .

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 07:39:16 PM »
I`m afraid it`s going to take more than a change of manager to sort out the problems at spurs .Levy needs to go and we need someone who won`t interfere or push the panic button every two or three years .Successful clubs have stability and consistency .The two things that we haven`t had for too many years .

Whoever they pick or even keep Sherwood they must look at the long term. Short termism has got us into this mess in the first place.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 08:46:14 PM »
Southern Yid, you have closed theprediction thread, but.....

unless I am very much mistaken, it is possiible that you could owe me some points for Eriksen's goal. Please check , but just in case I am wrong, please accept my humble apologies.

:up: