SpursNetwork

Chelsea v Tottenham

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Chelsea v Tottenham
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 07:40:37 PM »
I feel for Sherwood and blaming him  for this mess is not the answer. Some players were absolutely appalling and should look as themselves very closely indeed. We have always had a soft belly at Spurs and yesterday's game showed every aspect of it. To that I can add blind panic and the will to give up at the first hurdlle. Sherwood needs to get harder and his criticism is well deserved  imo.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 06:24:02 AM »
      Can anyone name me Four or more players that never gave up on Sat, I can only name Three, Lloris, Sandro and Ade, you cannot include the Subs namely Paulinho and Fryers or the players that they replaced, Kaboul shouldn't have been sent off in my opinion, once he was, it all went TITS UP, after the pen, the rest should ashamed of their performance, ESPECIALLY the so-called senior players, Walker, Verthongen, and Lennon, Naughton proved to me he shouldn't be in the team, 'cos he isn't good enough, Bentaleb is too in-experienced to be blamed imo, but just interested to hear others opinions.
 :( :( :(
:SN:[font

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 07:10:00 AM »
Sherwood is a dead man walking . He knows it , levy knows it and the players know it which is why they`re not performing for him .For me its not just the players and the coach that are wrong . Levy MUST be replaced as the top man . Far too controlling and interfering and in my opinion very niave in footballing matters .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 07:17:45 AM »
Sherwood is a dead man walking . He knows it , levy knows it and the players know it which is why they`re not performing for him .For me its not just the players and the coach that are wrong . Levy MUST be replaced as the top man . Far too controlling and interfering and in my opinion very niave in footballing matters .

Spot on  :up:
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 08:00:03 AM »

Spot on  :up:

This short statement is exactly to the point.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 04:28:30 PM »

Whether Sherwood is a dead man or not he will be at this club, managing Spurs until the end of the season. Sherwood has said we are not good enough to be in the top 4 and I do question whether we are good enough to get a Europa spot either. We've got Everton and United breathing down our neck.

I was no fan of Harry's, but since sacking him we've sacked another and this season it looks like we will finish between 5th and 7th. That isn't progression but deterioration. And that deterioration has cost us over £100 million. That must be some sort of record. The only good thing we can say about this season is that we won’t get relegated.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 07:08:39 PM »

Whether Sherwood is a dead man or not he will be at this club, managing Spurs until the end of the season. Sherwood has said we are not good enough to be in the top 4 and I do question whether we are good enough to get a Europa spot either. We've got Everton and United breathing down our neck.

I was no fan of Harry's, but since sacking him we've sacked another and this season it looks like we will finish
between 5th and 7th. That isn't progression but deterioration. And that deterioration has cost us over £100 million. That must be some sort of record. The only good thing we can say about this season is that we won’t get relegated.

We should never  have sold Bale. Levy should have paid him what he was worth and had he done that, it would have attracted better players. I was quite excited when the new players came, but only one or 2 of them have proved to be good enough!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2014, 07:12:52 PM »

I was no fan of Harry's, but since sacking him we've sacked another and this season it looks like we will finish
between 5th and 7th. That isn't progression but deterioration. And that deterioration has cost us over £100 million. That must be some sort of record. The only good thing we can say about this season is that we won’t get relegated.

We should never  have sold Bale. Levy should have paid him what he was worth and had he done that, it would have attracted better players. I was quite excited when the new players came, but only one or 2 of them have proved to be good enough!

I can't argue with that. However, I bet Bale was glad he had left. Terry Venables said we are a selling club and at the moment I can't argue with that.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2014, 05:21:23 AM »
If you guys are unaware the club are to appeal over Kaboul's red card.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2014, 06:56:12 AM »
Spurs as a club has been badly run for years .The richardson family who owned the club for donkeys years were nototriously tight with their money , irving scholar was a schiester who thought he was businessman of the year , sugar wouldn`t spend any money and levy seems happy to sell big players for big money and buy average replacements for huge fees .We`re a shambles from top to bottom .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2014, 08:34:20 AM »
       Guys,
              I am not a big fan of Levy, but don't be so naïve as to think that had Levy had offered Bale twice the amount that RM offered he would have stayed, maybe, just maybe if we had made CL he might have stayed, but even that is doubtful, imo, he wanted to display his undoubted skills on the BIG STAGE, and CL is to him is the biggest stage that he can play on. :nods: :nods: :nods: :nods: :nods:
:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2014, 08:57:24 AM »
       Guys,
              I am not a big fan of Levy, but don't be so naïve as to think that had Levy had offered Bale twice the amount that RM offered he would have stayed, maybe, just maybe if we had made CL he might have stayed, but even that is doubtful, imo, he wanted to display his undoubted skills on the BIG STAGE, and CL is to him is the biggest stage that he can play on. :nods: :nods: :nods: :nods: :nods:

I think we all have to accept that once Real Madrid came in for Bale he was always going to go. Lets face it there was no way whatsoever of stopping him, and who could blame him ?? Look at his life style...playing in the sun, with players like Ronaldo etc...
Much as I dislike and mistrust Levy, Bale is one thing I simply cannot pin on him. In fact he did extremely well to get 86 million for him. His biggest error was in wasting that money, and some on a load of second rate half chance players, and his errors in managerial appointments.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 03:54:05 PM »
Il bring this back to the topic! :) , The only mistake Tim made for me was playing kaboul!, sure he was dissmissed wrongly but had he not stopped to do his shoe laces up while the ball was still in play then when Jan slipped and did the back pass he would have been right in the center to clear the danger!, believe it or not this is the second time he has done this and we have conceded a goal!, this is a unforgivable error! it was one of many that Spurs keep doing, Teams dont need to beat us anymore because they know that our back four and midfield have no unity!, no idea how to link up and work together!. Have you not noticed that when we have the ball and play it forward nearly all our passes are behind the man so they have to check back and go back towards our goal!, if the ball was played infront of the man the player runs onto it a drives forward!, the defencive way that Spurs now play is a gold mine to our opposing teams :-[ . Look at Chelsea sure they did not play well and we contained them brilliantly first half and was looking to exploit the space behind them!, Morinho the master he  recognised this and brought on Osca to link up there midfield!, we should then have probabley brought on Dembelle to track him as Sandro was on a booking!, neverless we then started pumping the ball long from the back which is pointless playing 1 up front!, and ofcourse started playing across the back four! OUR achilles heal at the moment!, Chelsea pushed up and the rest we know!!, this is a reacurring pattern that has to be addressed quickly!. our so called players think they are better than they are!, but what annoys me the most is... how the everybody relies far to much on Loris!, that to me tells the picture!, we have no idea going forward as the midfield is static and so well martialled!, All Tim has to do is tell Lennon, Chadli or siggursson to stay out wide!, assign another player to support them on either side and bomb forward and bang those crosses in!!!, as it stands any really good team will as they already are doing will pass around us!. >:( >:( >:( .
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2014, 04:31:56 PM »
       Guys,

Bale and Modric would have stayed if Levy could show that we could compete on equal terms with the top 4 and clubs like Real Madrid. He couldn't and left. And looking how he is doing and how we are doing he made the right decision.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2014, 04:24:02 AM »
Kaboul's Red Card has been withdrawn.  :up:

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?