« on: February 20, 2014, 04:02:29 PM »

Dnipro
____

v
____

Tottenham

Europa League - 20th Feb - KO 18:00  - Ground: Dnipro-Area

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Dnipro v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 05:12:45 PM »
If reports are correct seems TS has his priorities right with most of our key first tea players being left behind so we can focus on EPL.

I expect Soldado to get some game time, the rest of the team selection will be interesting.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 08:02:48 PM »
Well how do you some up that game?, our defence!. what defence! was calved open loads a times!, if we play that open against Chelski or Ars*nal we will heading for another pasting!, Danny Rose was caught out of position loads of times, there was way to much room between wing backs and center backs!, we kept getting cramped on the touch line, and I say again OUR BALL CONTROL IS CRAP!!! yeah it was a poor pitch but the other team played lovely pass and move combinations so we cant blame that!, yeah we had a changed team but we dont have the ability to boss teams, and as for Soldado well, how many chances does he need? he cant hit an open goal from 5 yards!!!, sorry folks he has been a bad buy!, everytime he plays he looks defeated before he starts, his head is just not in it!, even Townsend seems to have gone off the boil since his injury, I was looking forward to this game but after watching that I can see how we keep getting hammered by the big boys, we dont seem to have the belief and skill to keep the ball on the deck, pass and move, and trap and control a football.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 08:05:05 PM »
The game started off with possibilities. The second leg will be interesting; in which I am going. He is going to have to change the team for the home leg though.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 08:16:57 PM »
The game started off with possibilities. The second leg will be interesting; in which I am going. He is going to have to change the team for the home leg though.

It really depends on priorities in my opinion, last season AVB pushed hard for Europa with key players always used and it resulted in a few injuries towards the closing length of the season and maybe cost us who knows, but I am sure it didnt help.  I hope that if TS feels that our key players are not to be risked as EPL is priority then he has the balls to see it through.

For me I would again use fringe players and give everything to the EPL finish.

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 08:30:52 PM »

It really depends on priorities in my opinion, last season AVB pushed hard for Europa with key players always used and it resulted in a few injuries towards the closing length of the season and maybe cost us who knows, but I am sure it didnt help.  I hope that if TS feels that our key players are not to be risked as EPL is priority then he has the balls to see it through.

For me I would again use fringe players and give everything to the EPL finish.

Simular team should be good enough, if we keep the ball on the deck and get our passing game going, play a much higher tempo we will cause them all sorts of problems, my main concern is how we get caught in possesion to much, try to force through gaps instead of playing round them, and keep our wingers out wide, we looked much better when erriksen cam on and started picking a few passes off, however we must restrict the back four abit as not to leave us so open at the back on the counter.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 09:56:00 PM »
We were awful at times but i believe we`ll hammer them at home . On a proper pitch , with grass , and with that fantastic crowd behind them i fancy a 3-0 win .Voice is right though , the team needs to be a little different .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 04:28:58 PM »
I did say somewhere else that Sherwood blamed the pitch and not Soldado. There will be no excuse at the Lane. I think we will win. If he doesn't play Soldado then I think it will be the end of him. He has to give him his last chance.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 05:38:07 PM »
I did say somewhere else that Sherwood blamed the pitch and not Soldado. There will be no excuse at the Lane. I think we will win. If he doesn't play Soldado then I think it will be the end of him. He has to give him his last chance.

Pitch was poor and TBH so was the entire team, Soldado missed a sitter, JVT made a daft challenge all contributing to our defeat.  If we created more, if Soldado took his chance the result would have been different.

I expect to see Soldado feature in the return leg at WHL as I wouldnt expect Ade to be risked, perhaps Soldado and young Harry Kane up front either way Soldado should not be played as a lone striker as it sets him up for certain failure!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 07:14:11 PM »

Pitch was poor and TBH so was the entire team, Soldado missed a sitter, JVT made a daft challenge all contributing to our defeat.  If we created more, if Soldado took his chance the result would have been different.

I expect to see Soldado feature in the return leg at WHL as I wouldnt expect Ade to be risked, perhaps Soldado and young Harry Kane up front either way Soldado should not be played as a lone striker as it sets him up for certain failure!

It seems, like AVB, that Sherwood is favouring the lone striker up front. If he can't play alone then I can't see him having a future at Spurs. I would also imagine that if Sherwood is sacked and a continent manager takes over there is a good chance that he will go for the lone striker up front.

I agree with you that Ade should be rested for the league match that we will have after that Europa match.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 06:12:04 AM »

Why if he doesn't play Soldado, will it be the end of him? and why if he plays, does it have to be his last chance?
      I never cease to be amazed by some of our so-called supporters, foreign players need time to settle, and with some it takes longer than others!!! It might well take him the whole season to settle, and if it does so-what? The same applies to young Lamela, both him and Soldado are going to be stars for this club providing they are given the chance! So for Chrissakes get off their BACKS.  :nods: :nods: :nods:
:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2014, 09:16:14 AM »

Why if he doesn't play Soldado, will it be the end of him? and why if he plays, does it have to be his last chance?
      I never cease to be amazed by some of our so-called supporters, foreign players need time to settle, and with some it takes longer than others!!! It might well take him the whole season to settle, and if it does so-what? The same applies to young Lamela, both him and Soldado are going to be stars for this club providing they are given the chance! So for Chrissakes get off their BACKS.  :nods: :nods: :nods:

When I say “I think it will be the end of him” I mean by that, that the club might get fed up with him and either sell him or do what they did to Gomez; let him dwindle in the reserves. We’ve seen this happen before at Spurs. Personally I think we should give him a chance; you don’t become a bad player overnight. Once he starts scoring then things will be different.

It is not what the supporters think that I am concerned about, but the club and the directors. It is them that will decide and not us. The same with managers; if they don’t get instant success they are out.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 10:00:05 AM »

Bang on PF !!  Expectations were high for this season regarding our success and certain players havent reached the dizzy heights and as such are focused upon.  I have said many times I believe it will take Soldado a season to settle especially considering many other factors off the pitch but wonder if he will be afforded that time, I hope he is.  As for Lamela he has been injured since he started to show promise so again more time needed.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 10:35:16 AM »

Bang on PF !!  Expectations were high for this season regarding our success and certain players havent reached the dizzy heights and as such are focused upon.  I have said many times I believe it will take Soldado a season to settle especially considering many other factors off the pitch but wonder if he will be afforded that time, I hope he is.  As for Lamela he has been injured since he started to show promise so again more time needed.

I agree; I also said on here somewhere that when you buy 7 or 8 players you need more than a season to embed them in. We had a reasonable squad last year, all we needed to do is build on our weaknesses.

On that note, that is why AVB should have been given longer; at least to the end of the season. Now he has gone the merging is down to young Sherwood.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2014, 06:06:38 PM »
What we need more than anything else is..
1..Two upfront every game, 4-4-2!
2 Lennon, Chadli,Lamela whoever plays out wide...Too stay out wide and get to the by line to get good crosses into the box.
3. pass and move all the time.
4 Keep the ball on the deck most of the time!.
5 At least 1 striker stay forward at all times.
6 No more than two defenders to go forward at any given attack.
7 When a defender goes forward a allocated midfielder drops into his position as cover!.
8 No messing about taking players on in your own half!.
9 Elect one player to be a crude captain who takes no SH1T, he must rally his team when things are going bad and show great comfort and enthusiasm when the team is doing well, a good leader is paramount!.
10 elect a every player to mark a player, close down immediatley when out of possesion.
11 Extra training on basic control of a football!.

This is my 11 commandments! lol, back to basics is needed A.S.A.P, This is why I should manage Spurs...In my dreams!! :D :)

SPURS TILL I DIE