SpursNetwork

Is the criticism just or will things improve?

Offline a12 warrior

• Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Is the criticism just or will things improve?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 07:27:44 PM »
Well from the comments above from everyone looks like we are in a for a good season lads!

Nothing to worry about

I Admire your optimism
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 07:29:52 PM by a12 warrior »

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2015, 07:47:20 PM »
Oh well another window closes as usual Tottenham linked with every possible striker net result nothing!
We now have Harry Kane to play week in week out what happens when he gets injured?
Tottenham are now just an average prem team with no hope of breaking into the top 4.

4 games 3 points not good enough early doors will it get better guess we will get 3 points at Sunderland and everyone will think we are ok.

Make no mistakes we are in for a hard slog this season and I believe looking for a new manager before the season ends or after it ends :'(

We do have young strikers (like Carroll) and if they are given their chance (like Kane had), well, you never know. :hide:
Tom Carroll is a midfielder, not a striker. Far from it...

Offline Spursx

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2015, 08:00:34 PM »
Well from the comments above from everyone looks like we are in a for a good season lads!

Nothing to worry about

I Admire your optimism

To be honest I am not sure what we are in for. Spurs need good and strong squad to compete at the top end of the Premier league and I am not quite sure what we've got. Let us hope whatever we've got is good for us.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2015, 11:19:39 PM »
Striker? How about Dele Ali....?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:43:25 PM by spursjoolz »

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 04:53:46 PM »
Oh well another window closes as usual Tottenham linked with every possible striker net result nothing!
We now have Harry Kane to play week in week out what happens when he gets injured?
Tottenham are now just an average prem team with no hope of breaking into the top 4.

4 games 3 points not good enough early doors will it get better guess we will get 3 points at Sunderland and everyone will think we are ok.

Make no mistakes we are in for a hard slog this season and I believe looking for a new manager before the season ends or after it ends :'(

We do have young strikers (like Carroll) and if they are given their chance (like Kane had), well, you never know. :hide:
Tom Carroll is a midfielder, not a striker. Far from it...

You are correct, I was actually thinking of somebody else.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 04:54:49 PM »
Striker? How about Dele Ali....?

I think he is going to be a great player for the club. He plays just behind the striker and works hard.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2015, 01:19:10 PM »
I like Ali, he is a great young player. :up:

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2015, 09:48:11 PM »
I always thought Carol was a midfielder! and he is not in the same league as Kane, Lamela has been the worst buy since Rebrov. The clubs ideals are right in building a young team and the two latest signings fit right into that mold so if we can integrate them into the first team quickly we may start getting the right results, We pass the ball well and are keeping the lions share of possession so its now a question of having  the right players in the right positions and giving them the service, my main concern is our lack of urgency, Poch style is the slow patient way and this so NOT the Spurs way we are used to or like!, its NOT attractive and has many floors!, to be able to pay the slow way you MUST have a TEAM of players who are very comfortable with the ball when surrounded by the opposing team! you need a Silva, Fabregas, Messi etc, yes we have Erikksen but we need two or three of them! you need to keep the ball moving with quick short one touch pass and move combinations! dare I say the A word style!, when like we are at present we go side to side and backward, play one up front who is starved of service and when we do finally go forward after 30 passes we squander possession as there is not enough attacking players in the forward area for us to be effective :'( .  back in the day of Rednapp we where lightning on the counter and had many good players that could punish teams, us the fans where rowdy as we had the belief we could play good football, we are nowhere near that now :-[  as we have chopped and changed so many things we are a shadow of our former team and NOWHERE NEAR 4TH.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline a12 warrior

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2015, 08:05:48 PM »
Spot on Blackjack !!!7

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2015, 04:07:58 PM »
Lamela is a good player and very skilled. The problem he has is adjusting to our league. He can easily be dispossessed from the ball. I don't know if Pochettino can solve this. Our league is much rougher.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2015, 07:18:10 PM »
Lamela was a bad buy and never worth the price we paid!, he has had enough chances now, if it hasnt happened by now it never will for him! whether it be nerves, condition, or simply just not physically capable of handling the EPL he has really let himself down, he should have gone in the latest transfer window so now we are stuck with him again, Voice I admire your faith in him but seriously dude how much longer are you prepared to say he is that good?
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2015, 04:38:24 PM »
Lamela was a bad buy and never worth the price we paid!, he has had enough chances now, if it hasnt happened by now it never will for him! whether it be nerves, condition, or simply just not physically capable of handling the EPL he has really let himself down, he should have gone in the latest transfer window so now we are stuck with him again, Voice I admire your faith in him but seriously dude how much longer are you prepared to say he is that good?

We bought Lamela because he was regarded as a very good player. I can’t remember their name, but there is a European team that tried to purchase him and still wants him. I did say that he has a problem with our league, but that doesn’t make him a bad player overnight. Look at Soldado. You would say he was a bad buy, but he scored well before we bought him, and is scoring well now. Granted we have a problem, but what is that problem? Our league, our training methods or is he too skilful for our league?

PS I am only going by the facts.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2015, 11:01:52 PM »
I think Lamela thinks he is better than he really is! Soldado yes was great before and is again now and fair play to him for getting his career back on track, we never played him to his true position!, Lamela on the other hand is neither a winger or striker really and his record before us wasnt amazing he had one average season for Roma and we somehow got sucked in, me included at the start was thinking he was going to be our RVP! but EVERY GAME he has played he has been very average at best, yes he scored that wonder goal in the Europa league but apart from that he was on the fringe of the game! If and when he finally leaves it will be interesting to see how he does! if he goes on like Soldado il hold my hand up and admit im wrong but I personally just cannot see it bud.

SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2015, 08:18:24 AM »
I think Lamela thinks he is better than he really is! Soldado yes was great before and is again now and fair play to him for getting his career back on track, we never played him to his true position!, Lamela on the other hand is neither a winger or striker really and his record before us wasnt amazing he had one average season for Roma and we somehow got sucked in, me included at the start was thinking he was going to be our RVP! but EVERY GAME he has played he has been very average at best, yes he scored that wonder goal in the Europa league but apart from that he was on the fringe of the game! If and when he finally leaves it will be interesting to see how he does! if he goes on like Soldado il hold my hand up and admit im wrong but I personally just cannot see it bud.

We certainly haven't missed Soldado, and we wouldn't miss Lamela. Who we do miss are Modric, Van Der Vart and Bale.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2015, 03:56:54 PM »
There is still time for Lamela to prove himself in this league. Against him; there are many players fighting for his position and he could fall down the pecking order.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do