SpursNetwork

No takeover

Offline Storts

No takeover
« on: May 04, 2007, 05:10:21 PM »
Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is set to repel any offers to buy the White Hart Lane club as its Stock Market value continues to soar.

The Spurs share price has risen by more nearly a third in the last fortnight as talk of a buyout bid by East European businessmen continues to gather pace.

Shares were selling at 116p each at 11.12am today up from 85p on April 20 and in a different world from the 29p on offer little more than 18 months ago.

Vagit Alekperov, rated by Forbes magazine as the 48th richest person worldwide with £6.3billion of net worth, is believed to be one of the men interested in following in the footsteps of Roman Abramovich and investing in an English football club.

Tottenham are an attractive proposition as they are based in London and are already a worldwide brand thanks to their rich tradition both at home and abroad.

The 56-year-old Alekperov was born in Baku, Azerbaijan, one of the earliest centres of the international petroleum industry.

His father, who died when Vagit was a boy, worked in the oil fields all his life and inspired Alekperov to follow in his footsteps.

It is believed, however, that Levy - a lifelong Tottenham supporter - has no desire to hand over power. He has worked diligently to bring back former glories to the N17 club since ENIC took control of Spurs from Alan Sugar.

Another summer of big spending in the transfer market is planned to bring in the five-star players to transform Tottenham from UEFA Cup candidates into a side capable of breaking into the Premiership's top four with regular Champions League football at White Hart Lane the prime objective.

It is also thought that Levy, a loyal lieutenant to ty**** Joe Lewis, who owns the club's parent company, will be assisted by the Bahamas-based billionaire's son Charlie in bringing real success to Spurs.

Tottenham are already in a financial power of strength as they are comfortably ensconced among the top world's top 20 richest clubs.

Lucrative deals were struck last year with shirt sponsors Mansion and kit suppliers Puma and the club have 23,000 season ticket holders with another 30,000 on the waiting list and a blossoming membership scheme adding to the strong fanbase.

There are plans to redevelop White Hart Lane to increase the 36,000 capacity and Spurs have even announced their finances are so stable they can afford to snub offers of £40million for star striker Dimitar Berbatov with manager Martin Jol maintaining: "We are not a selling club."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great news in my opinion and it just confirms what I have been saying along time.

We are club with vast resources, with a fan as chairman and bagfulls of money. We make millions of profit every year and have 30,000 people waiting for ST. Not bad eh?

I have heard news that after the petitioning for improved public transport around White Hart Lane the government has agreed for this to take place. We will be expanding to 50,000 by increasing three stands and moving to Wembley in the 08/09 season whilst the work takes place.

COYS

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
No takeover
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 05:16:40 PM »
Great news, I would hate foreigners to take control of the club.

Levy's done a fantastic job, and long may it continue.

No takeover
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 05:36:43 PM »
Levy is doing a fantsatic job at the moment. But foreigners will spoil the club completly. I think we should stick with our normal chairman.

No takeover
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 05:52:18 PM »
Yes, I could not agree more.  Having all that money would ruin our club, just like it has Chelsea.  Lets do it the right way.  Levy has certainly started in the right direction.  Massive respect.

No takeover
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 06:22:55 PM »
I agree but isn't it tempting to any of you to have a chelsea style transfer budget.  It would be good if enic sold to him but he kept levy as chairman= perfect solution.

Offline THWH90

• In With The ITKs
    • http://www.spursnetwork.com
No takeover
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 06:50:45 PM »
I really want a new stadium...

But the thing saying their bringing in five-star players, sounds really exciting.

Looks like now its a good time 2 be a spurs supporter :D

Oh ye, where did you get this from?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 06:55:42 PM by THWH90 »
Get Moussa Sissoko In Spurs!!!!

And come on City, break that bloomin' top 4!

Offline Storts

No takeover
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 07:02:14 PM »
Daily mail official website ....

So a reliable paper

No takeover
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 08:04:27 PM »
I do not want a foreign Chelsea style take over. It sounds like the club is doing fantastically anyway and it's great that we have a lifelong fan with lots of money to spend in charge!

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
No takeover
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 08:15:10 PM »
This is a bit of a tricky one. We need money if we are to compete at the highest level. But it should come from people with Spurs in their hearts not someone out to make a fast buck. My biggest fear with all the current rash of takeovers is that one day the bubble will burst and the billionaire investors will be of like a shot leaving some of the worlds biggest clubs in severe financial difficulty. In my opinion if this guy wants to invest in Spurs then great we are a limited company and shares can be purchased.But a takeover no thanks we are doing fine as we are.