SpursNetwork

Jol's Says Dimitar is Happy..

« on: May 03, 2007, 07:57:25 PM »
Martin Jol has reiterated his belief that star striker Dimitar Berbatov will still be a Tottenham player next season.

Berbatov's impressive form - the Bulgarian has scored 21 goals in his debut season at White Hart Lane - has prompted speculation that he could be a target for Europe's biggest hitters.

However, Jol believes Berbatov is settled in North London and not seeking a move.

"Dimitar's playing well and the supporters love him. He's a player that if he feels that arm around him I feel that he's happy," Jol told Sky Sports News.

"There's a lot more to come from him and he wants to stay here for a number of years.

"We are not a selling club. I'm supported by the board and we want to do better and better each year so why should I sell my best players?"

Jol also played down speculation linking Spurs with a move for Celtic's Jiri Jarosik but did insist his club remain on the lookout for new additions.

"As a group of players we are satisfied, but of course we want to strengthen," added Jol. "We are not the finished article yet and a lot of other managers would tell you the same."

source: sky sports

probaly cant read that much into it but just wanted to use this smilly.
:thebird: manchester united

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 08:08:57 PM »
QUOTE "He's a player that if he feels that arm around him"

FAN POWER!:yeeha:
There be dragons

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 08:12:59 PM »
I pray this is true

Gotta love big MJ

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 08:13:16 PM »
I honestly will be very surprised if berba does go this season. Like u say can't read too much into articles but lets hope this one has an element of truth!

Berba's girl

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 08:32:49 PM »
There has been so much speculation both ways but I feel he will still be wearing white next season. To hear it from MJ is reassuring.

Please don't take my Berba-Man away...

Lisa x:  Yid Army:

Offline McCoy

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 09:02:33 PM »
European football is a must for Berba to stay. Fan power can be strong but the vultures will always be circling. Bringing in reinforcemnts in the summer will show Berba we mean business.

Offline Becks

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 09:05:49 PM »
Great news. Just read in the local paper that  we've slapped a £30 mil price tag on him and Chelsea can stuff them selfs.
''It's Ricky Villa, It's still Ricky Villa''

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 09:09:07 PM »
It was £40 million last time i checked :D

Its another way of saying he's not for sale.

Like a couple of years back Ars*nal wanted King, we said we want £50 million, Henry and Campbell in return! :D

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 11:03:15 PM »
im glad to hear this i hope its true but, im still worried that Berba only has a 3 year deal

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 08:56:33 AM »
I hope berba stays and also hopefully this is true.

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 10:22:11 AM »
Mitko is one of the most loyal persons I have seen in this game of football. If the results are encouraging and he enjoys the love of the supporters, he will surely opt for an extended stay at the club !!
----------------

Offline -AL-

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 10:53:29 AM »
I am absolutely sure that Berba will stay at least one more season. If Jol gets another good player (or maybe 2) that are working good together with Berbs, he will be happy enough to stay a little bit longer.
If Berba makes even more progress it will be hard to keep him, of course. I think every player wants to play for a really big club once in his lifetime, though most of them don't become very happy at a big club and spent much time on the bench, if they are not a ronaldo, ronaldinho, zidane, etc.
However, I'm sure he has enough brains to think about such a decision very carefully and that he is not so keen on money to ignore everything else.

bla bla bla ;)
if i had balls, they would be bigger than yours ;)

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 04:59:59 PM »
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid823425631/bctid823367862

I have faith in Jol when he says Berba is happy and willbe with us for many more years.

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 06:18:53 PM »
When he said we are fine in jarosik's department, did he mean left midfield, because if so he's talking b*llcks