SpursNetwork

Massive Period

Offline Storts

Massive Period
« on: April 01, 2007, 09:05:26 PM »
What a massive period coming up for Tottenham Hotspur football club. The success of a season could hinge on a month's worth of games. In this period we have:

05 Thurs Away Sevilla UEFA Cup TBC
07 Sat Away Chelsea Premiership 12:45
12 Thurs Home Sevilla UEFA Cup TBC
14 Sat Away Wigan Premiership 15:00
21 Sat Home Ars*nal Premiership 15:00

Now we see another cruch game, although this is the least important of the two European matches. Away to Sevilla will be difficult. Both teams are known for their attacking play, not really worrying too much about the defence but going to try and score more goals than the opposition. This means the game should be a cracker and a very open one. Jol really needs to get his tactics right for this one. Hopefully we can come back to the lane with an away goal, firstly and foremost, and then a draw or even a win would be great. This game could either way as could the tie itself. However I think the really important game will come a week later at the Lane.
Very soon, 2 days in fact, after our European exploits we have the easy task of defeating Chelsea at the bridge for the first time in twenty odd years. It is ridiculous that we are having to play at 12:45 on a saturday after a late night thursday game in Spain but thats the corrruption in the FA for you. Chelsea will always get the rub of the green in regards to decisions like this. This is a game which in all honesty is probably the least important of the lot. A win is not needed and really I can only see a defeat coming our way. However you never know. We could well nick a draw in this one but it will depend on what side BMJ puts out. I hope he uses the squad rotation policy and rests a few of our key men for the more important games coming up. I am not too fussed about this game although obviously a win would be legendary to say the least.

We now come to the big one. The one that could probably get us so much. Home to Sevilla. Whatever the result in Spain we will come out fighting. This game will not be over until the final whistle is blown. The players will fight for every ball and hopefully do another to secure a semi final birth. I just have a gut feeling this is our year. If we beat Sevilla I think we will win the whole tournament. This may be a bold statement but I believe in the players, and they believe in our support. They know wherever they are we will be behind them all the way. Sevilla will be very difficult but if their main target man is a Tottenham reject, surely they must be there for the taking. I for one would love to see another glory night for the yids at the Lane and then in Glasgow. Lets hope this become reality.

What a surprise, just another 2/3 days later we play ANOTHER game. Away to Wigan in the league. If we have progressed in the Uefa cup then this game is a win without a doubt. However even though this game becomes even more important if we do lose to Seville, I can see us slipping up here. Away to Wigan is a game an on form Tottenham team would win but that form needs to be there othersie it is a tricky place to go. We beat them away last year though which is nice to know, Super Edgar Davids. For European qualification though, this is a vital 3 points needed.

The final game of this congested period is one that speak for itself. The NLD. No need to big this one up. On current form we would win but it is still a long way away and so much could change. Hopefully we will still be jubilant and in the entertaining spirit and we can show the Goons how to win in the cups and the league. A win in this one could turn CL qualification in our favour. 7 points is not alot when you have to play them at home. I really can't wait for this one. The day will be superb

At the moment all is rosy at the Lane, us Yids are loving it and even our keeper is getting in on the goal scoring act. This period this is the time that will determine the outcome of our season. COYS do it for us, your loyal fans. We are the Tottenham, the pride of North London.

The futures bright, the futures lilywhite.

Storts out.

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Massive Period
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 09:10:49 PM »
Well said again mate, a very congested period but also very important. Let's hope we're all smiling by the end of it.

Offline Storts

Massive Period
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 09:14:37 PM »
Cheers. Indeed, It's all smiles now but three defeats and every changes. The fickle fans will start calling for MJ's head and we are back to square one. The harsh reality of football.

I am sure we will come through this period with flying colours though...just to think positively

Massive Period
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 10:16:02 PM »
Nice post Storts, but out of interest, what's the

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Massive Period
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 10:22:51 PM »
The Sevilla matchup is going to be legendary. We have momentum on our side, so do they. We play quite similar styles of football. I can't wait! (Even though the gimps here in Canada will probably not even show it :dry: )

I'm not particularly worried about the Wigan matchup, but the rest of them, we need to be on top form. Especially for the tilt against the Abominations Causing Football Desolation aka *rs*n*l :p But as Storts said, the Chel$ea match, while against a high-prestige side, isn't particularly important, and since it's in such close proximity to the first Sevilla match, I wouldn't be surprised to see quite a different roster against them.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Massive Period
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 09:46:30 AM »
coys.
we need to take each game at a time. when we are eplaying in the premiership we need to (to some extent) forgett about the uefa cup and focus on that match. a win against either chel$ea or the a*se will put us in a very promising position.
nice write up mate.

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Massive Period
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 11:25:52 AM »
The Chelsea game doesn't bother me whereas the Gooners game is a must must win. Gain some pride back for our 2 defeats to them so far.

Plus we must get an away goal against Sevilla and then play well at home. COYS.