« on: November 25, 2009, 06:42:19 PM »
__
__vs
__
28th Nov 2009 - KO 17:30 - Villa Park

TV: N/A

Live Feed: Click Here

Aston Villa

Suspended: None Doubtful: Collins (groin)

Injured: Bouma (toe), Davies (shoulder)

Possible line up: Friedel, Luke Young, Cuellar, Dunne, Warnock, Milner, Petrov, Sidwell, Ashley Young, Carew, Agbonlahor.

Tottenham

Suspended: None Doubtful: King (hamstring)

Injured: Cudicini (pelvis and wrists), Giovani (ankle), Modric (fitness)

Possiible line up: Gomes, Corluka, Dawson, Woodgate, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Huddlestone, Palacios, Kranjcar, Defoe, Crouch.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 08:13:10 PM by Glenn R »

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Aston Villa vs Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 09:35:58 PM »
I cannot stress enough how important this game is, out of the other teams chasing the forth champions league place Villa are our closest rivals due to performances recently becauce Man City, Liverpool and Everton are underachieving. I will be honest i will be happy with a draw, even if its 0-0 but if we go out all guns blazing we can get a result. If we lose all the happiness from last weekend will go out the window. Villa are strong at home, i predict a very fast pace tense game. My head says we will snatch a draw but my heart says a spurs 2-1 win with Defoe bagging another!!! I will be up there, anyone else going?

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 10:48:17 AM »
Its live feed for me this weekend Im afraid. I think we will win though. We seem to have more about us than Villa and our confidence will be sky high after the wigan game. Im going for a 3-1 Spurs win. Defoe to bag two and Hudd the other.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline ozoha

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 05:45:21 PM »
I bet in a tough 2x2 draw. Villa is too strong at home, and our better away result was a 5x1 against a poor Hull side.
Audere et Facere!

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 07:42:36 PM »
I expect a draw, 1-1.  Would love to win this one, it will be my first trip to villa park.    :D

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 09:00:41 PM »
Id go for a tough fight. Overconfidence can be a double edge blade. Either us winning handsomely or them winning :D. A 2 - 1 win is great but 1 - 1 draw would be okay with me.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 07:54:50 PM »
Good result, happy with the 1-1 and the way we played, we could have easily won that. but some of there defending was really good.

i will post highlights on the front page later or early tomorrow morning
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 07:56:55 PM by Biggs »

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 07:52:35 AM »
Didn't think it was question of overconfidence ??? Villa are a good team fighting for that top spots alongside ourselves. Taking a draw out in six 6-pointer away fixture like that is always a good result. Not perfect, but good.
----------------

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 08:31:45 AM »
Highlights are on the front page if u haven't seen them yet

Offline SomersetYiddo

Re: Aston Villa 1-1 Tottenham
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 11:29:38 AM »
Just got back from Birmingham, decided to go out on the piss afterwards with my mates and crash out at a hotel. Absolutely brilliant away support from us as always. Good game, im happy with a draw but we really could have won it in the second half with the pressure and possesion we had but villa did defend very well and kept us out. Really happy for Dawson to get a goal and what a cracker! Goodison next weekend cant wait!