« on: November 02, 2014, 07:19:59 AM »

Aston Villa
____

v
____

Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 2nd Nov  - KO 16:00  - Ground: Villa Park

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Aston Villa v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 03:05:40 PM »
Although I am disappointed that Kane hasn't been given his chance, I am pleased that we are playing 2 up front. If this works out well today, it may kick-start our season. Fingers crossed.
Maybe next year...

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 05:26:28 PM »
I can see us heading for relegation. Seriously.

edit: OK, maybe not today.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 05:46:50 PM by RiffHard »

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 08:26:56 PM »
We are in serious decline and serious trouble, bit of luck and a bit a magic today I believe has saved Poch from the sack.

He needs to install some pride and passion into our players..somehow
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 09:37:58 PM »
We are in serious decline and serious trouble, bit of luck and a bit a magic today I believe has saved Poch from the sack.

He needs to install some pride and passion into our players..somehow
[/quote.  This is what ive been trying to say for ages!, whats really concerning is our manager thinks we played well and he thought we deserved to win! Lmfao seriously MP what planet did you watch the game from? We where nothing short of dreadfull and had there not been a sending off we would have lost end off, our all round game is diabolical at best and is only getting worse! The whole body language of all the players is shocking and we do not play as a team and the negative vibe by the manager is not helping.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 07:47:52 AM »
            Well, I think we used a fair number of "GET OUT OF JAIL FREE" cards today, :up: :up: I am obviously very pleased with the result, but, I thought we were extremely lucky to walk away with the 3 points. What really concerns me is not that we concede goals, its the way in which we concede them, by very poor decision making by our defence, far too often our defenders are caught out of position, Benteke always looked likely to score, simply because Kaboul wasn't marking him TIGHT enough, and it is the same week after week, once again Rose was caught out of position, OK the Villa player did get the run of the ball which meant he(Rose) was then trying to play catch up, but who was supposed to marking the goal scorer, he had a free run. Yet again we see our defenders trying to HOOF the ball out of defence, >:( and invariably it went straight to a Villa player which meant it was coming straight back thus putting the defence under more pressure. >:( Its very easy to blame the forwards for not taking the chances, but at least we created some, which in recent times has been sadly lacking. As far as I am concerned, the main problem is our defence, or lack of. :tickedoff: Hopefully it will improve but I am not yet that convinced. :-\ :-\

C O Y S
:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 08:02:32 AM »
            Well, I think we used a fair number of "GET OUT OF JAIL FREE" cards today, :up: :up: I am obviously very pleased with the result, but, I thought we were extremely lucky to walk away with the 3 points. What really concerns me is not that we concede goals, its the way in which we concede them, by very poor decision making by our defence, far too often our defenders are caught out of position, Benteke always looked likely to score, simply because Kaboul wasn't marking him TIGHT enough, and it is the same week after week, once again Rose was caught out of position, OK the Villa player did get the run of the ball which meant he(Rose) was then trying to play catch up, but who was supposed to marking the goal scorer, he had a free run. Yet again we see our defenders trying to HOOF the ball out of defence, >:( and invariably it went straight to a Villa player which meant it was coming straight back thus putting the defence under more pressure. >:( Its very easy to blame the forwards for not taking the chances, but at least we created some, which in recent times has been sadly lacking. As far as I am concerned, the main problem is our defence, or lack of. :tickedoff: Hopefully it will improve but I am not yet that convinced. :-\ :-\

C O Y S

Pretty much saw it as you did Paul. Our back 4 is as bad as I can ever remember. The full backs no longer get forward with any pace, especially Naughton who seems to slow up every attack to pass it sideways, or back to Lloris.
Verthonghen, who used to surge forwards with the ball, now passes sideways to Kaboul, who has even less confidence on the ball. All in all, a disaster waiting to happen from the kick off in every game.
Ryan Mason is the bright spot in midfield, and I thought Soldado looked far better in his role behind Adebayor ( who is a waste of space these days)
Chadli just about did enough, and showed he is capable of keeping his head to score a goal under pressure.
Lastly, I hope that Kane has now replaced Adebayour up front with Soldado in support. Lets hope Poch can re-shuffle the pack in January, as we cannot continue with this team and hope to get anywhere. Lets not forget Villa have now lost 6 on the spin, scoring just 1 goal, against us.

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 11:07:02 PM »
Our play must be quicker!, our players must show more movement when off the ball, stop playing these tight nit passes in midfield and spread the play.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 02:26:47 PM »
I`m going to buck tne trend and say i didn`t think we played as badly as some of you are saying.Yes villa can consider themselves a bit unlucky as benteke should never have been sent off and he hit the post but they had 2 shots on target while we had 7 .We had sixty odd per cent possession as well.I agree totally that our style of play needs to be quicker but the players that poch has at the mo aren`t up to it .The likes of chadli , lamela, capue(c*nt !!!) and adeybayore (also a c*nt !!!) don`t want to chase back and press.The only bright lights at the moment for me are mason and kane .Both spurs boys and willing to run their guts out every week .The back four is an abomination.Kaboul is appalling , vertonghen isn`t as good as he thinks he is and isn`t committed and the full backs are to prone to silly mistakes .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 03:33:27 PM »
He needs to start with Soldado and Kane and see where that takes us. These two together have scored more goals than any other combination or a loan striker up front. He also needs to bring in some of the defenders/ midfield from the cup matches and put them in the league team.

I also agree; that I don't think we played badly.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 04:55:35 PM »
I watched the game twice. Once live and the other on Match of the Day and I do agree that we played ‘better’ (and I am careful how I use that word), but we also must remember that Spurs were against a team that hadn’t scored since the early days of the beginning of the season. On top of that we have more spending power and Villa’s players are young in experience. Taking all that into consideration we were terrible. On top of that they had a player sent off to help us along.
Pochettino left Southampton to take a step upwards, instead he ended up in the Twilight Zone. Southampton, in the meantime, is having a very good season and are currently second in the league. We all expected them to be close to relegation, instead we are struggling to stay out of that zone.
I agree that we should give our manager a chance, but for Christ sake, we are Spurs and should be doing better than Villa.
I also agree that Kane should be given a chance. 
Jane x :dance:

Offline Blackjack

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 10:55:40 AM »
I watched the game twice. Once live and the other on Match of the Day and I do agree that we played ‘better’ (and I am careful how I use that word), but we also must remember that Spurs were against a team that hadn’t scored since the early days of the beginning of the season. On top of that we have more spending power and Villa’s players are young in experience. Taking all that into consideration we were terrible. On top of that they had a player sent off to help us along.
Pochettino left Southampton to take a step upwards, instead he ended up in the Twilight Zone. Southampton, in the meantime, is having a very good season and are currently second in the league. We all expected them to be close to relegation, instead we are struggling to stay out of that zone.
I agree that we should give our manager a chance, but for Christ sake, we are Spurs and should be doing better than Villa.
I also agree that Kane should be given a chance. 
Jane x :dance:

I like this  :up: , really well put!, I know some of you are trying to take positives and starting Soldado and Kane is a must for me too!, but lets  all take a reality check!!!,  Jane summed it up brilliantly, we were playing Villa!, we made them look like Chelsea at times, they ran rings round us!, look at the W.Brom game? they blew us away and 1-0 flatted us!, so when we do play the big guns we are almost expecting flood gate scores!, this is NOT exceptable, we brought in a manager to do a job, but to do it, he must show more gut!, his whole body language is bland at best!, I know he needs to rotate his team because of the amount of games were playing BUT he must get a settled, consistent Tottenham team first then tweak and build after, this will only happen if he plays his best 11 all the time!, Kane is a must in the league as he is on a purple patch right now!, play soldado aswell and rest Ade as he looks under par!, once results pick up in the league and confidence is back then change a little.
Finaly he must bin this lone striker crap, show the team games of previous matches when we where once a force to be reckon width and get the players to understand that is the way and passion expected of playing for this football club!,  the saints must be laughing there head of right now.
SPURS TILL I DIE

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 12:19:52 PM »
Well, I don't think we payed well and we certainly didn't deserve the win. We are on a downward trend at the mo and I cannot see where the improvements will be coming from. I  hope that Kane is given a chance to start his first game with posssibly Soldado behind him and today at home v Stoke would be a great opportunity, as long as we shore up the back!

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 01:17:16 AM »
Well, I don't think we payed well and we certainly didn't deserve the win. We are on a downward trend at the mo and I cannot see where the improvements will be coming from. I  hope that Kane is given a chance to start his first game with posssibly Soldado behind him and today at home v Stoke would be a great opportunity, as long as we shore up the back!

AND THEREIN LIES THE PROBLEM  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
:SN:[font