SpursNetwork

Ars*nal v Tottenham

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Ars*nal v Tottenham
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 07:43:02 AM »

I actually didn`t think we played that badly . Who knows how it would have turned out if eriksen had scored first ? WE played some nice football at times but we were a bit light in midfield . We badly missed paulinhio and sandro and JVT . I dont know about anyone slse but im sooooo pissed off with walkers inability to look over his shoulder and keep an eye on his man .He was at fault for the first goal

Sorry its too easy to blame Walker, I am one of his biggest critics, yes he has to take some responsibility for the 1st goal, but he worked his backside off to make something happen, and what happened, Rose, who thinks he is a class LB, GIFTS them, because of his inability to use his right foot and his BRAIN a second GOAL which was the killer when we were really starting to push for the equalizer.     
      Sorry Mafioso I have to disagree with you on this.

:nods: :nods: :nods:
Fair enough .We all have our opinions . I agree with you about rose its just that walker has been getting on my tits for a while now

I do see where you are coming from with regards to Walker, and he does frustrate the crap out of me at times, but he always gives 110% effort, and you cannot fault his work-rate both defensive and attacking, I would love to know how many miles or kms he runs during the course of 90 mins, and I would be surprised if anyone else in the team runs further.

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

My take on this game is that our back 4 as a whole is not anywhere near as good as Ars*nals, for example. IMO Dawson is far too slow, and Chiriches needs a better partner if he is to reach the level that an aspiring top 4 side needs. Without doubt we are in desperate need of a CB and LB, as Rose is most definitely not good up to it, his mistake was critical.  Fair enough, our midfield was a bit light, but if Eriksen had taken his chance like Cazorla did, and Adebayor had kept his composure then the result might just have been different.
However we should not overlook the fact that their passing was always sharper than ours for most of the game.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 04:58:01 PM »

I actually didn`t think we played that badly . Who knows how it would have turned out if eriksen had scored first ? WE played some nice football at times but we were a bit light in midfield . We badly missed paulinhio and sandro and JVT . I dont know about anyone slse but im sooooo pissed off with walkers inability to look over his shoulder and keep an eye on his man .He was at fault for the first goal

Sorry its too easy to blame Walker, I am one of his biggest critics, yes he has to take some responsibility for the 1st goal, but he worked his backside off to make something happen, and what happened, Rose, who thinks he is a class LB, GIFTS them, because of his inability to use his right foot and his BRAIN a second GOAL which was the killer when we were really starting to push for the equalizer.     

Fair enough .We all have our opinions . I agree with you about rose its just that walker has been getting on my tits for a while now

I do see where you are coming from with regards to Walker, and he does frustrate the crap out of me at times, but he always gives 110% effort, and you cannot fault his work-rate both defensive and attacking, I would love to know how many miles or kms he runs during the course of 90 mins, and I would be surprised if anyone else in the team runs further.

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

My take on this game is that our back 4 as a whole is not anywhere near as good as Ars*nals, for example.

That is an understatement.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 09:46:22 PM »

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:  You`re right he does a lot of running but he could save so much energy and a few goals if he actually held his position .He gets caught ball watching far too many times for my liking .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 05:26:10 AM »

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:  You`re right he does a lot of running but he could save so much energy and a few goals if he actually held his position .He gets caught ball watching far too many times for my liking .

Yes  he does ball watch, and he does get caught out of position a lot, but I think that that is because he has always, because of his pace been encouraged to overlap, then when the attack breaks down he is caught out of position, also he does tend to act as the 3rd central defender quite often as well. imo.
:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 08:12:55 AM »

Yes  he does ball watch, and he does get caught out of position a lot, but I think that that is because he has always, because of his pace been encouraged to overlap, then when the attack breaks down he is caught out of position, also he does tend to act as the 3rd central defender quite often as well. imo.

Agreed, if our CB's did their jobs properly, he could concentrate more on his own role as RB. I still think that Walker long term is amongst the best RB's in the prem, not the worst. The same cannot be said of one Michael Dawson.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 08:14:26 AM by RSS61 »

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 09:00:46 PM »

Agreed, if our CB's did their jobs properly, he could concentrate more on his own role as RB. I still think that Walker long term is amongst the best RB's in the prem, not the worst. The same cannot be said of one Michael Dawson.
  You`re right . If dawson and chiriches hadn`t been drawn to the ball then walker wouldn`t have had to come accross
If your not spurs you`re dead to me