« on: January 04, 2014, 01:30:49 PM »

Ars*nal
____

v
____

Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 4th Jan  - KO 17:15 - Ground: Emirates Stadium

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Ars*nal v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 04:44:39 PM »
Our starting XI:
Lloris; Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Rose; Lennon, Bentaleb, Dembele, Eriksen; Adebayor, Soldado.
Substitutes:
Friedel, Fredericks, Fryers, Capoue, Chadli, Kane, Obika.

Probably not the strongest line-up we have, but considering our injuries, strong nevertheless.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 06:57:58 PM »
2 down less than 10mn to go. Bolllxxxx!

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 07:14:11 AM »
I actually didn`t think we played that badly . Who knows how it would have turned out if eriksen had scored first ? WE played some nice football at times but we were a bit light in midfield . We badly missed paulinhio and sandro and JVT . I dont know about anyone slse but im sooooo pissed off with walkers inability to look over his shoulder and keep an eye on his man .He was at fault for the first goal
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 10:47:37 AM »
We simply lost on the day to a team that took their chances better than we did and played just that little bit better than us at key times.

We didnt play badly and we can take away positives of some good play, our midfield was light and we certainly missed key players as Yidmafiosa has said.

I think due to our current transition going out of the FA Cup, may in the bigger picture, for our push for CL footi work out in our favour.

Onwards to the next match and 3 points! COYS
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 11:01:52 AM »

I actually didn`t think we played that badly . Who knows how it would have turned out if eriksen had scored first ? WE played some nice football at times but we were a bit light in midfield . We badly missed paulinhio and sandro and JVT . I dont know about anyone slse but im sooooo pissed off with walkers inability to look over his shoulder and keep an eye on his man .He was at fault for the first goal

Sorry its too easy to blame Walker, I am one of his biggest critics, yes he has to take some responsibility for the 1st goal, but he worked his backside off to make something happen, and what happened, Rose, who thinks he is a class LB, GIFTS them, because of his inability to use his right foot and his BRAIN a second GOAL which was the killer when we were really starting to push for the equalizer.     
      Sorry Mafioso I have to disagree with you on this.

:nods: :nods: :nods:
:SN:[font

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 12:08:20 PM »
Going to the Emirates was never going to be a walk in the park. All in all I'd say our overall play was rather good, but at the end of the day our mistakes were punished. Just the way it generally is in football at this level...

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 03:12:18 PM »
I thought we played Ok and there was some definite positives to be taken from our display but it really did highlight some of our weaknesses too.
We are desperate for a LB I'm afraid Danny Rose isn't a premiership LB and from what I can gather BAE's loan is until the end of the season and he can't be recalled. I know BAE is prone to the odd mistake too but he is much better than Rose.
We are also very lightweight in midfield although I think if we had Paulinho and Sandro available things would probably be alot better.
Finally several players didn't seem to fancy it yesterday Adebayor for one and there wasn't really anyone really getting stuck in and having a proper go like a normal North London derby the whole team seem to be playing at 80% apart from the last 20 minutes and by then it was too late !!
One good thing though it seems Sherwood has the heart for it he was getting proper annoyed at times with players who were obviously not playing well !!!

:-\
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 04:28:55 PM »
I also thought we played well, but, sadly, I don't think we are good enough to be in the top 4. I hope I am proved wrong though. Ars*nal, City and Chelsea will get there. That leaves one place left with United, Everton, Liverpool and ourselves.

I have been optimistic all season. We might see things a bit better by the time the City game has passed us by.

If we don't get into the top 4 I think Sherwood will be gone.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 06:09:46 PM »
We may have played OK but we were just not good enough and our weaknesses in defense were only too plain to see.  There was a definite lack of commitment from some players and I wonder if Sherwood really was bothered about winning this?

The Arse had a number of key players missing and still whipped our arses.  >:(

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 07:03:40 PM »
We may have played OK but we were just not good enough and our weaknesses in defense were only too plain to see.  There was a definite lack of commitment from some players and I wonder if Sherwood really was bothered about winning this?

I can't argue with that. We can only give it a few more games to see how he is adjusting to management.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 07:31:03 PM »

Joolz you make a fair point about key players....

I think Sherwood was bothered about winning this game but he had his hands tied a bit by the lack of some of our key players missing (Vertonghen, Paulinho, Sandro and Townsend), and to be fair to the Scum they are better than us with their key players missing.
There are definite signs of improvement especially with our ability to keep the ball and definite improvement in the speed of our attack, but we seem to be lacking the last ball at the moment.
I said before that I was a bit underwhelmed with Sherwood appointment BUT at least I can see what he's trying to do and where he's trying to go, if it works or not is another matter and only time will tell.

To my mind its a 100% improvement on AVB because we seem to have a settled side and some direction at last and as I say only time will tell if its the right move !!

:nods:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 07:50:01 PM »

Joolz you make a fair point about key players....

I think Sherwood was bothered about winning this game but he had his hands tied a bit by the lack of some of our key players missing (Vertonghen, Paulinho, Sandro and Townsend), and to be fair to the Scum they are better than us with their key players missing.
There are definite signs of improvement especially with our ability to keep the ball and definite improvement in the speed of our attack, but we seem to be lacking the last ball at the moment.
I said before that I was a bit underwhelmed with Sherwood appointment BUT at least I can see what he's trying to do and where he's trying to go, if it works or not is another matter and only time will tell.

To my mind its a 100% improvement on AVB because we seem to have a settled side and some direction at last and as I say only time will tell if its the right move !!

:nods:

I don't think it is 100% improvement at the moment over AVB. It might turn out that way and I hope it does.... but I somehow doubt it.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 10:23:44 PM »

Sorry its too easy to blame Walker, I am one of his biggest critics, yes he has to take some responsibility for the 1st goal, but he worked his backside off to make something happen, and what happened, Rose, who thinks he is a class LB, GIFTS them, because of his inability to use his right foot and his BRAIN a second GOAL which was the killer when we were really starting to push for the equalizer.     

Fair enough .We all have our opinions . I agree with you about rose its just that walker has been getting on my tits for a while now
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 05:44:31 AM »

Fair enough .We all have our opinions . I agree with you about rose its just that walker has been getting on my tits for a while now

I do see where you are coming from with regards to Walker, and he does frustrate the crap out of me at times, but he always gives 110% effort, and you cannot fault his work-rate both defensive and attacking, I would love to know how many miles or kms he runs during the course of 90 mins, and I would be surprised if anyone else in the team runs further.

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:
:SN:[font