____

Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 26th Dec  - KO 17:30  - Ground: Villa Park

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Aston Villa v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 07:06:38 PM »
I predict a Spurs win. Say something like 3-1.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 05:52:15 PM »
Strong line up today, only real weakness is Naughton at LB.

We need to win to keep in touch with the top 6
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 07:15:41 PM »
I'd say we're playing some pretty decent football today.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 07:21:28 PM »
Good performance, shame we couldnt do it against stoke at home we would be clear in 4th.

Good result today though away at Villa and us playing well.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 08:07:20 PM »
Villa's been getting the snot beat out of them of late. What gives? :o

Not taking anything away from the lads today, great result :up: Wish I was up to watch it. :P

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 08:58:15 PM »
We were crap today. AV had most of the ball & we were defending all the time. Typical Spurs!

Thanks to Lloris who had some great saves to make, without him we could have been 5-0 down at half time.

Hats off to AV who played a blinder and were really unucky not to come out with at least 1 point. I mean, they squandered so many chances. Unbelievable!

I wonder what Bale is doing at Spurs, he is absolutely useless and AVB should be sacked before the end of the year!!

::)        :-[

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 12:18:37 AM »
Joolz you do not do irony to well

Firstly it was a great result and well deserved 3 points, I thought we played well and passed the ball around with a bit more pace than we have in recent games and created some good chances especially in the first half. I was a bit disappointed that we didn't manage to convert any of the 4 or 5 good first half chances we made but credit to Villa they did little else other than defend for the first 45 and I thought they did it quite well limiting us to shots from 18 yards mostly and Guzan was in very good form. It wasn't until the second when they opened up and came at us a bit that we managed to get in behind them and start to create space which led to the goals, while they sat in we struggled to open them up which is concerning. Bale had a blinder and I also thought Lennon did well, but I'm concerned that AVB keeps playing Gallas at CB he is looking a wee bit shaky these days and looks like he's carrying some kind of thigh injury ! I also noticed that Vertonghen has come out and said he prefers being at CB rather than LB and straight away AVB puts him back in the middle and plays Naughton at LB, against a better side this could prove costly.

All in all today we played well and took a deserved 3 points although that may have something to do with playing a poor side in Villa or we were far too good for them and didn't let them play, but I suspect it was somewhere in the middle. You can only beat what is put in front of you and we did that comfortably in the end, hopefully we can carry this form into the next game and play with a bit more flair as we did today..... only time will tell but we are back into 4th spot.

:coys:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 06:24:01 AM »
I personally was disappointed with our 1st Half, we had somewhere between 80-85% of possession, and we weren't able to break them down, we managed 4/5 shots on goal, which considering, the possession and time spent in the attacking third wasn't really that good. I appreciate that they played 4-5-1, which I agree does make it difficult, but we really should be able to turn our possession dominance into goals. Which Top Sides do.Chelski did it last week(AV played the same formation 4-5-1 for 90 mins and conceded 8)The reason we were able to finally break them in the 2nd half, wasn't because we changed our tactics but because they were forced, because of injury, into changing theirs(4-4-2), thus allowing us to get more penetration thru midfield and on the break. At no time during the 90 mins did we look like conceding a goal, let alone losing the game, and we were well worth the 3 pts, my worry is not being able to put teams who "park the Bus" to the sword, when we clearly dominate them, because these games, like last week against STOKE are games that we should be winning, especially at home.
      I am not being a Doom and Gloomer, this is meant as a constructive critiscism. Having said that I thought overall it was a good win and well-deserved.

:up: :up: :up:

:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 05:24:45 PM »
First half could have been better but second was brilliant. Congratulations on Bale getting a hat-trick. We are now 4th.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.