SpursNetwork

Tottenham v Liverpool

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
  • Season Ticket: No
Tottenham v Liverpool
« on: November 29, 2012, 09:44:20 AM »
My thoughts on Last Nights Match,
Great result, another win, but I am a little disappointed with our overall performance, let me explain before you start jumping down my throat, the 1st 25 mins we absolutely dominated the game but we allowed Liverpool to get back into the game and the further the game went the more we allowed them time and possession on the ball. To quote an old Greavsie expression "It was a game of two halves", the first we dominated, the second they did, but having said that we were a tad lucky, but as I keep saying YOU MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK and you have to ride it, and we sure did, we were also a little unlucky not to have scored a couple more. It was good to see Dembele back, the way he makes good opposition players look average is amazing, he just looks so good on the ball, and he is only going to get better.
OK guys go for you life and rip me to bits.

:up: :up: :up:

« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 01:07:36 PM by RiffHard »
:SN:[font

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
Re: Tottenham v Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 01:13:28 PM »
Great result, another win, but I am a little disappointed with our overall performance, let me explain before you start jumping down my throat, the 1st 25 mins we absolutely dominated the game but we allowed Liverpool to get back into the game and the further the game went the more we allowed them time and possession on the ball. To quote an old Greavsie expression "It was a game of two halves", the first we dominated, the second they did, but having said that we were a tad lucky, but as I keep saying YOU MAKE YOUR OWN LUCK and you have to ride it, and we sure did, we were also a little unlucky not to have scored a couple more. It was good to see Dembele back, the way he makes good opposition players look average is amazing, he just looks so good on the ball, and he is only going to get better.
As we have lost so many games after playing very well, I'm more than happy with an ugly win. Liverpool are not an easy side to face and, yes, the second half wasn't pretty, but our own goal was an accident (a comical one, though) and we held on after that. 3 ugly points beats 0 beautiful points any time.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 01:34:50 PM »
As we have lost so many games after playing very well, I'm more than happy with an ugly win. Liverpool are not an easy side to face and, yes, the second half wasn't pretty, but our own goal was an accident (a comical one, though) and we held on after that. 3 ugly points beats 0 beautiful points any time.

My feelings were it was a good result, and keeps us in touch with 4th and indeed 3rd spot. On the plus side, I thought Walker and Dawson had good solid games, a big plus. I dont like Verthongen at LB so thet needs addressing in January.
When we were on top first 20 or so minutes, our passing was fluent and positive. Yet again, under pressure in 2nd half, it fell apart, as always. That also needs addressing. We need Ade and Defoe to help that, and give us a way out of defence.Defoe looked lost for long periods. Yet again an arial ball into box, poorly defended led to the goal line clearance that we messed up for their goal.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 03:28:57 PM »
Word has it for the Liverpool goal Bale stuck his nose in lol
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 04:43:55 PM »
A win is a win and lets not forget Liverpool went into this
match unbeaten in their last 8 games.

COYS

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 05:50:07 PM »
I enjoyed the game last night (a bit cold though). We played well in the first half and our passing was very good. Both goals were well taken. Second half we dropped back a bit and it was a bit nail biting stuff, but we got through. Overall I was impressed. The Game against Fulham will be a bit harder but I expect a win.

We are 10 points behind the leaders and 3 points behind third place. A few players back from injury and buy some more in January and we could have a good finish.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 08:18:40 AM »
Voice,
    What you say is correct re: Points and  Position, but I am not going to hold my breath about Levy buying the Players we need, I hope he does, but unfortunately history has a way of repeating itself, and he does have previous. Regarding AVB the jury is still out, I am yet to be convinced. Time will tell, we shall see.

:-\ :-\ :-\

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 10:56:26 AM »
RSS61,
 You are right it was a good result, and indeed it does as you quite rightly say,keep us in touch with 3rd spot, I don't however agree with your comments on Verthongen, he is not only an accomplished CB but plays LB for Belgium, you have to remember that he has been playing LB cos BAE is out, we are lucky that we have other players that can play CB allowing him to fill that position. In the second half we weren't as fluent, because as you say, put under pressure we fell apart, but having said that, a fit Parker does help to alleviate that problem, but you are quite right it does need to be addressed in Jan, but will it, I for one hope so. With regards to Defoe and Ade, the more they play together the more potent a strike force they will become, add to that the midfield with a fit Dembele,and  believe me, he will make Bale and Lennon even more dangerous than they already are, we saw what an almost match fit Dembele is capable of on Wed, I for one can't wait to see what he can do fully fit.

:nods: :nods: :nods:

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 01:18:24 PM »
RSS61,
 You are right it was a good result, and indeed it does as you quite rightly say,keep us in touch with 3rd spot, I don't however agree with your comments on Verthongen, he is not only an accomplished CB but plays LB for Belgium, you have to remember that he has been playing LB cos BAE is out, we are lucky that we have other players that can play CB allowing him to fill that position. In the second half we weren't as fluent, because as you say, put under pressure we fell apart, but having said that, a fit Parker does help to alleviate that problem, but you are quite right it does need to be addressed in Jan, but will it, I for one hope so. With regards to Defoe and Ade, the more they play together the more potent a strike force they will become, add to that the midfield with a fit Dembele,and  believe me, he will make Bale and Lennon even more dangerous than they already are, we saw what an almost match fit Dembele is capable of on Wed, I for one can't wait to see what he can do fully fit.

:nods: :nods: :nods:

Regards Verthonghen, I just feel that CB is his best position. However it is a measure of how accomplished he is that he can play LB. I just dont think it suits him. As for Parker, I would agree, except that I cant see Sandro being dropped to make way for him, as he has too much class for me and allows Dembele to surge forwards, which is vital for us.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 02:00:45 PM »
Fair Point, I am a big fan of Sandro, he has been great so far this season and you are right it will be a huge decision. Watch this space.

:nods: :nods:

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 03:43:54 PM »
Word has it for the Liverpool goal Bale stuck his nose in lol

Isn't it more like. "He hit it on the nose"? or "he got that goal by a nose"?

When he got, I swear he asked " What's going on" and Lennon replied "Don't be nosey"!

:hide:

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 05:14:39 PM »
Voice,
    What you say is correct re: Points and  Position, but I am not going to hold my breath about Levy buying the Players we need, I hope he does, but unfortunately history has a way of repeating itself, and he does have previous. Regarding AVB the jury is still out, I am yet to be convinced. Time will tell, we shall see.

:-\ :-\ :-\

At least your tune has changed. At one time you wanted him out, now you are giving him time. I wonder if it has anything to do with him winning?
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.