SpursNetwork

Ars*nal v Tottenham

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Ars*nal v Tottenham
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 11:33:39 AM »
The way we played and scored and scored again (but had a goal disallowed) I knew we would win. We were far superior and I think we would have got a good goal tally. Then the sending off came and I was so disgusted I turned it off. Once we had lost a player against Ars*nal the dynamics had changed. You don’t lose a player against Ars*nal and expect to win. You can’t blame the manager for this or even the players. Just a very bit of bad luck…. a disgusting bit of bad luck, but obviously good luck for the Arse. A sad day yesterday which spoil the weekend for me.
If we can take any comfort for yesterday’s result was that Chelsea, United, Fulham and Everton lost. We are six points behind 4th spot (11 behind the City) and 8th in the league. So there is still hope and very much to play for. As for Ars*nal; they can’t really take anything from the result (part from the points).

I'm in total agreement. Very unlucky for AVB whose bold selection was paying off big time.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 12:08:42 PM »
The way we played and scored and scored again (but had a goal disallowed) I knew we would win. We were far superior and I think we would have got a good goal tally. Then the sending off came and I was so disgusted I turned it off. Once we had lost a player against Ars*nal the dynamics had changed. You don’t lose a player against Ars*nal and expect to win. You can’t blame the manager for this or even the players. Just a very bit of bad luck…. a disgusting bit of bad luck, but obviously good luck for the Arse. A sad day yesterday which spoil the weekend for me.
If we can take any comfort for yesterday’s result was that Chelsea, United, Fulham and Everton lost. We are six points behind 4th spot (11 behind the City) and 8th in the league. So there is still hope and very much to play for. As for Ars*nal; they can’t really take anything from the result (part from the points).

I'm in total agreement. Very unlucky for AVB whose bold selection was paying off big time.

Just so I dont get dragged into the row, Gallas goal was offside, and I didn't switch off telly, but generally agree the main points

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 12:23:05 PM »
I wish some of you guys who stop this constant bickering!
It is getting so silly now that there is no topic to reply to.
Stick to football >:(

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2012, 12:44:12 PM »
As the thread is about our last game, all irrelevant posts have been removed or modified. Keep it clean, lads.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2012, 04:27:31 PM »
Now its a case of putting the result behind us, hope AVB can motivate the lads and get their head right, confidence up and take the points in the next league game.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RSS61

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 04:38:54 PM »
Now its a case of putting the result behind us, hope AVB can motivate the lads and get their head right, confidence up and take the points in the next league game.

I have to say, AVB has gone up a notch in my estimation. Firstly, after 3 defeats he managed to get them up for the game, picked a good team I thought, and had them passing it confidently again until Ade got sent off. He then tried to hang on it would seem until half time, without success, due mainly to our poor defending. He changed it around in the second half, making the best use of those players available, and again it didn't work out, but at least we didn't exactly collapse, and fought right up until the 5th goal went in. Lets be honest, Ars*nal have always had the ability to raise their game if they sniff a win is on. Before Ade went off, they were all over the place. Bit like the same game last season really.
So I am confident, after listening to his after game interview, that he will get the players up again for Thursday at Lazio, and the West Ham game on Sunday. There are still a lot of points to be fought for, as well as 2 competitions. We must resist the temptation to judge him whilst this run of injuries, and unkind luck continues. We need Kaboul BAE Parker and Dembele back ASAP as they will make a huge difference.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 05:04:23 PM »
I wish some of you guys who stop this constant bickering!
It is getting so silly now that there is no topic to reply to.
Stick to football >:(

I agree. We should be supporting our team and only allow constructive criticism. There are too many interested in booing our team. Let us get back to what is important; Spurs doing well and backing the manager.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 05:05:07 PM »

I agree.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 05:07:34 PM »

Yes we played well for 17 mins and scored a good goal extremely refreshing considering the rubbish we have had to endure in recent weeks. As for the Gallas goal he was 3 yards offside so you can't really say we scored again, we almost scored again through Lennon after a good move again refreshing to see us play with some power and commitment. The sending off was a sending off, Adebayors tackle was reckless and to be honest he didn't need to make it so you being disgusted is a strange turn of phrase !!!
I also note you are now a fortune teller saying that you knew we would win and get a good goal tally, again a strange choice of phrase a good goal tally not many football supporters would use that term.
Well I've got news for you sunshine a real supporter dosen't turn off they sit there in hope and pray that something will go their way and they support their team through thick and thin regardless ........ something it seems you don't do !!!!

>:(

I support my team through thick and thin and have done all my life.

As for being a fortune teller; I meant I expected us to win. But the sending off changed the dynamics of the team.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2012, 06:59:26 PM »
Adebayor sending off means a very difficult task to an already extremely difficult task for AVB.

No Ade for the next 3 matches will test him to the limit and if he comes out of it smelling of roses, will we get apologies from the gloom merchants or will we have to eat humble pie and grovel to them?

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 07:25:31 PM »
Adebayor sending off means a very difficult task to an already extremely difficult task for AVB.

No Ade for the next 3 matches will test him to the limit and if he comes out of it smelling of roses, will we get apologies from the gloom merchants or will we have to eat humble pie and grovel to them?

It certainly will test his mental. Let us keep our fingers crossed.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 08:03:16 PM »

I think he'll go back to one striker formation now. I wonder if Dempsey will play AM or stay on bench as the back-up strike as we don't have any more strikers bar some youth players.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 08:22:45 PM »

I think he'll go back to one striker formation now. I wonder if Dempsey will play AM or stay on bench as the back-up strike as we don't have any more strikers bar some youth players.

He also might use one of the younger strikers along with Defoe.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2012, 08:39:16 PM »
I`ve deliberatley stayed away from this as i was very , very pissed off but i`ve calmed down now .When all is said and done we know and even the most biased piece of gooner filth knows that if we`d kept 10 men on the pitch we would have smashed them to bits .We were looking good with the 4-4-2(at f**king last !) .We`ve got a better squad and can field a far superior full strenght 11 when everybody`s fit .I felt a bit sorry for AVB as i bet he was thinking how the press were gonna crucify him on sunday morning even though what happened wasn`t his fault .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2012, 09:08:21 PM »
I`ve deliberatley stayed away from this as i was very , very pissed off but i`ve calmed down now .When all is said and done we know and even the most biased piece of gooner filth knows that if we`d kept 10 men on the pitch we would have smashed them to bits .We were looking good with the 4-4-2(at f**king last !) .We`ve got a better squad and can field a far superior full strenght 11 when everybody`s fit .I felt a bit sorry for AVB as i bet he was thinking how the press were gonna crucify him on sunday morning even though what happened wasn`t his fault .

Good post.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do