SpursNetwork

Man City v Tottenham

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Man City v Tottenham
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2012, 07:44:48 AM »
Voice ,
 Either you don't read my posts, or just write your normal accusations for the sake of it. Obviously if you were watching the game it was through those rose coloured glasses that you insist on wearing, we scored against the run of play in the first half , but the goal we got was very well taken and actually exposed  Man City's defence, which is why I made my statement regarding Defoe and Ade being able to cause them problems, but obviously you chose not to read that. I have spoken to a lot of neutral supporters and to a man they all said that we were lucky to only lose 2-1, and as much as it galls me I have to agree, I think we might have had a total of 4 maybe five shots at goal, and I cannot recall Hart having to make 1 save other than the goal he let in , although I'm sure with your photographic memory you will be able to correct me!I do not think that is good enough quite frankly for a team that has its sights set on qualifying for Champions League. At the end of the game the possession percentage was 55% to 45% in favour of City probably to be expected playing away. Please do not state your normal, we have 5 injured players crap, as I keep saying we DO NOT HAVE either PLAYMAKER or the DEPTH in our SQUAD and that is a big worry, although I am sure that you will have some sort of excuse for that!!

:nods: :nods:

Correct. We do not have a playmaker. We also do not have organisation in our back 4, which is why we concede so many goals, often in the last few minutes of either half. And lastly, we do not have a prolific striker, in the mould of RVP who is able to bury the chances when we do create them.
Man City were there for the taking. Having scored a goal against the run of play, we should have stepped up our efforts to go on and win the game, instead we tried, unsucessfully, to hold onto our lead, something we are next to useless at.
I would rather we went out to try and win the game, and got beat 5-1 than surrender like we did.
In summary we just don't have the players right now to win games that we should be winning.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2012, 09:16:01 AM »
RSS61,
 At last, someone who takes the time like myself to read posts, and then to make constructive criticism, instead of going on the attack accusing those making the criticisms of supporting other teams in order to to give themselves credence.Thank you I know that we do not necessarily agree on everything but I appreciate your support.

;) ;) :nods: :nods:
:SN:[font

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2012, 11:34:20 AM »
To be honest, our squad has been awfully thin since January when many players were allowed to go out on loan and at the same time we had many injuries (we always have). It puzzles me how our managements (Redknapp and present management) and board are yet to tackle this issue.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2012, 02:21:30 PM »
To be honest, our squad has been awfully thin since January when many players were allowed to go out on loan and at the same time we had many injuries (we always have). It puzzles me how our managements (Redknapp and present management) and board are yet to tackle this issue.

This is correct. It leads me to wonder if there was friction between Redknapp and Levy over this issue this time last year. Maybe Redknapp said get me the players I need and we will mount a serious challenge for the title the second half of the season. And maybe Levy said we're in 3rd place, make do with what you have, and by the way here's Saha and Nelson for zilch.
A lot of surmising I know, but something went wrong between the two of them, and we have never been told the truth.
Fast forward, maybe AVB was promised 100 million to spend, and after he signed up, maybe Levy changed his mind ??
Either way we have ended up with the squad we have. Maybe in January Levy will prove me wrong. I doubt it though.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2012, 02:29:18 PM »
RSS61,
 At last, someone who takes the time like myself to read posts, and then to make constructive criticism, instead of going on the attack accusing those making the criticisms of supporting other teams in order to to give themselves credence.Thank you I know that we do not necessarily agree on everything but I appreciate your support.

Cheers mate. Like most of us I guess, I'm just trying to be objective about what our problems are, and how best to solve them, rather than simply blaming AVB, who after all is only striving for the same things as us, with lets face it a limited bunch to work with compared to MC MU and Chelsea.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2012, 02:33:56 PM »
One more thing. Bill Nicholson had 11 full internationals in the side for most of the double season. Its no wonder he did so well is it ?

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2012, 05:03:48 PM »
Voice ,
 Either you don't read my posts, or just write your normal accusations for the sake of it. Obviously if you were watching the game it was through those rose coloured glasses that you insist on wearing, we scored against the run of play in the first half , but the goal we got was very well taken and actually exposed  Man City's defence, which is why I made my statement regarding Defoe and Ade being able to cause them problems, but obviously you chose not to read that. I have spoken to a lot of neutral supporters and to a man they all said that we were lucky to only lose 2-1, and as much as it galls me I have to agree, I think we might have had a total of 4 maybe five shots at goal, and I cannot recall Hart having to make 1 save other than the goal he let in , although I'm sure with your photographic memory you will be able to correct me!I do not think that is good enough quite frankly for a team that has its sights set on qualifying for Champions League. At the end of the game the possession percentage was 55% to 45% in favour of City probably to be expected playing away. Please do not state your normal, we have 5 injured players crap, as I keep saying we DO NOT HAVE either PLAYMAKER or the DEPTH in our SQUAD and that is a big worry, although I am sure that you will have some sort of excuse for that!!

:nods: :nods:

How do you know they are neutral supporters? You don’t know them personally and they could just say that; as far as we know they could be Chelsea or Ars*nal supporters. I do know that certain people  go on those phone ins and say they are a certain team to annoy certain fans.
As for the game; I saw a lot of positive stuff there (considering we’ve got injuries); and I am not alone in seeing that.

I have said that we need to buy. But we are not as bad as you make out. A full squad – at the moment – and we would have had different results.

Anyway; wait until the end of the season then you can crow as loud as you like and until your heart’s content; that is if we are relegated or are near the bottom of the ladder. I am sure it will be worth it to say that you were right!!!
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2012, 05:06:13 PM »
RSS61,

You mean somebody takes the time to agree with you otherwise they are fools.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2012, 05:08:08 PM »

I agree, however, you could look at it another way. Maybe we haven't been buying because we can't get the players we want. Should we be buying for  the sake of it or just to add?
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2012, 05:11:33 PM »
RSS61,

Cheers mate. Like most of us I guess, I'm just trying to be objective about what our problems are, and how best to solve them, rather than simply blaming AVB, who after all is only striving for the same things as us, with lets face it a limited bunch to work with compared to MC MU and Chelsea.

That is the problem; Finch is trying to blame AVB and not being objective. There is nothing wrong with being objective, but there is a problem with those that just want to attack their own team for the sake of it and are heavily influenced by the Chelsea voice.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2012, 07:37:26 AM »
I know they are neutral, because they are friends of mine and I spoke to them face to face, insult was here.

>:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 08:25:59 AM by RiffHard »

Offline RSS61

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2012, 07:58:50 AM »
RSS61,

That is the problem; Finch is trying to blame AVB and not being objective. There is nothing wrong with being objective, but there is a problem with those that just want to attack their own team for the sake of it and are heavily influenced by the Chelsea voice.

As Finch said, we dont agree on everything

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2012, 11:55:52 AM »
VOICE,
Where in my comments regarding the Man City game have I blamed AVB for the defeat, had you have bothered to read them you would have seen that, but as usual you don't bother to read the posts, just who has written them and then go into your usual diatribe, making your usual excuses, accusations and normal bulls**t comments for the sake of it, and incidentally I do not waste my time or money going on phone-ins, I would suggest you check my location before you make such comments, but of course that would require you to use a modicom of common sense wouldn't it!

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2012, 05:44:14 PM »
I know they are neutral, because they are friends of mine and I spoke to them face to face, insult was here.
Friends of yours!? Well that explains it all. Like always goes with like. That is even worse. Can't you think for yourself instead of relying on your friends to think for you?

I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2012, 05:45:45 PM »
VOICE,
Where in my comments regarding the Man City game have I blamed AVB for the defeat, had you have bothered to read them you would have seen that, but as usual you don't bother to read the posts, just who has written them and then go into your usual diatribe, making your usual excuses, accusations and normal bulls**t comments for the sake of it, and incidentally I do not waste my time or money going on phone-ins, I would suggest you check my location before you make such comments, but of course that would require you to use a modicom of common sense wouldn't it!

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

I don't have to read one post to know your views on AVB.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do