Re: AC Milan v Tottenham
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 04:43:40 PM »
I got a feeling it might be
Gomes

Corluka Gallas Dawson BAE

Palacios Sandro*

Lennon       VDV      Kranjcar

Crouch

I think you nailed it, Biggs. Except Crouch is also out - so I think we may see a start from Pav. Hopefully he can hold the ball up better than he did at Sunderland. For all his technical gifts that boy's first touch is dreadful at times.

Think we saw some flashes of the Sandro we paid for in the last game. Looks like he's coming up to speed nicely. I'm excited about what he may bring to the team in the near future.

I got a feeling Crouch will start, i don't think his injury is that bad.

Offline dublinboy99

• Hero: Hoddle
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 06:10:28 PM »
Ur the man Biggs !!  I think Pinnear could play the VdeV role (or Nicko) if VdeV doesn't play?  I would prefer Defoe up front just because he is due a goal and when he gets one he will keep scoring.  We need players who can hold on to the ball and not give away cheap possession against AC? COYS

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 07:23:21 PM »
We also need to determine who is able to support the back 4 against their

Ibrahimovic-Pato-Robinho

man looking at those names scares the s**t outta me.

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 12:42:25 AM »
 I hope to see us really push Milan though. Whoever Redknapp puts up front needs to work their socks off. If (and when) we get caught on the counter because we're too high up the pitch and we give the ball away, we need everyone to work extremely hard. Hopefully there won't be any whining in front of their goal from our players over a decision from the ref that wasn't ever going to be given while they are already outnumbering us in our half.

That's one of the most frustrating things I see our players do. When we're already over-committed in attack and we get caught out, I want to see our players RUN back and fix the situation instead of crying to the ref while the other team is counter attacking. Very excited about this one. It comes on around 2ish here so I'm leaving work early to watch it live!

"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 05:52:35 AM »
Wow after you mentioned it asf i really think that our players love to cry at the ref instead rushing back to defend.

COYS! 1-0 win would be awesome!! *away goals are effing important*  :dance: :dance:

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 11:08:55 AM »
lets stick to tactical fundermentals for starters...... its an away game so we will be playing mainly counter-attacking football..... That means playing 1 player who we can hit and make it stick: that means Crouch. We also need pace to quickly support the target-man so both Lennon & Defoe should play...

if Vaart plays, then he will probably play RM and Lennon leftside cutting inside quickly to support Crouch's knockdowns/hold-ups.... if Vaart plays then Krankie shouldnt, otherwise the team will not be balanced.... unless Arry takes a massive gamble and plays Krankie in CM next to Palacios... which he won't.

the back4 picks itself, as Vaart will play RM, its gonna be the defensive RB Corluka there tonight..

Offline dylano

• Hero: Johan Cruyff
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 03:03:23 PM »
The always excellent Sabotage Times poses  a rather wonderful 'Spurs All Time XI vs AC Milan All Time XI' type of thing. Link is as follows..
http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/spurs-greatest-xl-vs-ac-milan-greatest-xl/

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 03:44:07 PM »
The always excellent Sabotage Times poses  a rather wonderful 'Spurs All Time XI vs AC Milan All Time XI' type of thing. Link is as follows..
http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/spurs-greatest-xl-vs-ac-milan-greatest-xl/

Hey dude good link, see you in the pub later mate. COYS  :up:

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline MalSpur

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 06:08:18 PM »
I think Biggs has got it spot on with formation. The back 4 has a defensive feel about it. Charlie will not charge forward as Hutton has a tendency to do nor will BAE. Lennon will track back when needed. Crouchy saves his best for European games and hopefully the VdV Crouch partnership will bloom again.  I am a tad worried about VdV and Ibrahimovic, there is history there and apparently they don't get on. Rafa needs to keep his temper in check I think. Still think we can do well, positive thinking lads positive thinking!!
COYS

Offline dublinboy99

• Hero: Hoddle
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 06:19:04 PM »
Strong rumour doing the round here in Milan that Modric, Niko and Corluka will all start with Crouch up front:

4-5-1

Gomes, Corluka Gallas Dawson BAE, Lennon Palacios Mod Niko VdeV, Crouch

Offline MalSpur

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »
Modric after a 2 week layoff may not be fully tuned in! I still preferred Sandro to start with tactical subs if or when required. This is gonna be a big game, everyone needs to be 100% focused, a single mistake could mean trouble!!

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2011, 07:01:13 PM »
palacios/ sandro holding midfield - as for the rest it picks itself - no modric/ bale etc etc

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2011, 07:07:14 PM »
Pienaar starting

Offline MalSpur

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2011, 07:13:55 PM »
What does Krank have to do? I would have him over Pienaar, the last 2 games he has been doing what needs to be done, scoring goals!!! I trust Harry's judgement so he must see/know something I don't!!

Offline MalSpur

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2011, 07:18:01 PM »
Can't believe how nervous I am!!! This is not the biggest game of our season, next week down the lane is!!!!

COYS

2 - 3 We gift a penalty early on, get to half time 1-1, we take the lead, get pegged back and JD scores a wonder goal with 2 minutes to go!!

You gotta believe, you just gotta!!!!!