AC Milan 0-1 Tottenham
« on: February 13, 2011, 09:07:33 AM »

AC Milan
____

0-1
____

Tottenham
Crouch 80'

UEFA Champions League First Knockout Round -  15th Feb 2011 -  KO 19:45 -  Ground: San Siro (Giuseppe Meazza)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xh1wu5_ac-milan-v-tottenham-hotspur_sport#from=embed
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 08:36:59 AM by Biggs »

Offline pokerfaced

• Hero: Hoddle
Re: AC Milan v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 08:19:30 PM »
No idea what the lineup will be yet but lets all wish Gomes a happy birthday with a clean sheet to his name!

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 08:42:04 PM »
It's going to seem like a long few days as we all desperately try to find out who is in or out the team.

I fancy Bale, VDV and Godric all to make it. Today i have my optimistic hat on, i plan to keep it on all week.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 09:25:37 PM »
I got a feeling it might be

Gomes

Corluka Gallas Dawson BAE

Palacios Sandro*

Lennon       VDV      Kranjcar

Crouch

*i know Sandro wasn't registered for the group stages, but for the last 16 you can edit your 25 man squad for the CL and we have no other CM to play because Jenas is suspended for this one.

if not that it will be

Gomes

Palacios

Lennon    Pienaar      Kranjcar

VDV   Crouch

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 07:50:00 AM »
It's going to seem like a long few days as we all desperately try to find out who is in or out the team.

I fancy Bale, VDV and Godric all to make it. Today i have my optimistic hat on, i plan to keep it on all week.
Bale is definitely out.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 10:29:32 AM »
if you listen to Arry's words carefully, youll notice that he doesnt say Bale is definately out.... and apparently his back is in better nick than Crouch's (who will deffo play)...

I have a feeling its more Arry gameplaying weasel-words, with the Milanese, like the stuff he comes out with in transfer-windows,, to keep them guessing on how to play us....

Bale will play.  :up:

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 10:30:36 AM »
Bale is out he hasnt travelled  :'( but we arent a one man team  :dance:

What we really need is an away goal for certain, a score draw or defeat by only the 1 goal (as long as we score) and I'll be very confident for the return fixture. 

A win of course and I'll need to change my pants!  which we are capable off for sure  :up:

Have a feeling Crouch will start so I guess the goal (s) will have to come from midfield or Gomes
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 10:37:29 AM »
if Bale hasnt travelled, then I think Arry may have secretly accepted going out at this stage is no biggie, as we will need to concentrate on getting that 4th spot (which may be more important than getting even to the semis of CL, let alone quarters)...

tactically, this may be a good thing..... but of course if we can somehow get thru, its not the end of the world either.... a win-win  :up:

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 10:39:05 AM »
                      Gomes

Hutton       Gallas      Dawson     BAE

Lennon     Palacious    Modric     Pienaar

Van der Vaart

Crouch
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 11:03:56 AM »
Modric aint got a hope.... Bale and Crouch will be playing, Arry is throwing them off the scent..... Sandro-Palacios at CM cos Jenius is suspended due to his rough hardman-tackling in previous rounds  :up:

and Ugsy... learn to spell 'Palacios' properly, once and for all eh....

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 12:45:26 PM »
That's my optimistic hat just gone in the bin.

On a plus side AC are missing some important players as well. Hopefully Pal and Sandro rise to the job and break things up in the middle. It might work in our favour if we start this one a bit more compact than our last visit there.

We wont have JJ to switch off and go to sleep in the first minute so thats a start and then if we can actually finish with 11 men that would also be useful.

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 03:35:06 PM »
I got a feeling it might be

Gomes

Palacios Sandro*

Lennon       VDV      Kranjcar

Crouch

I think you nailed it, Biggs. Except Crouch is also out - so I think we may see a start from Pav. Hopefully he can hold the ball up better than he did at Sunderland. For all his technical gifts that boy's first touch is dreadful at times.

Think we saw some flashes of the Sandro we paid for in the last game. Looks like he's coming up to speed nicely. I'm excited about what he may bring to the team in the near future.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 03:37:40 PM by WilsonJet »
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 03:38:48 PM »
Millie.... you forgot JJs 3 goal-assists. After his error in the 1st minute or so of that game, that you WERE so very quick to point out...

3  >  1   :up:

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 03:47:31 PM »
Do passes that might best be captioned with the phrase "AAAAAAGH! TAKE IT! TAKE IT PLEASE!" and took place near our own box really qualify as assists? Sorry, but Jenas doesn't deserve much credit for any of Bale's unprecedented 60+ yard runs. If that's the case then I also deserve an assist for shouting "GET RID OF IT! GIVE IT TO BALE!" at my television.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 03:54:38 PM »
JJ also had the microscopic distinction in your eyes no doubt of actually WINNING THE BALL BACK as well as immediately making the assists for Bale....

the last goal of Bale's wasnt assisted by JJ....but guess who won the ball in the right-midfield position to then feed it to Lennon before Bale's strike ??

no doubt if Modric had the done the EXACT SAME in the match as JJ, the spin and undoubted hype over such a performance would be treated... dare I say..... differently  :D

yet again, our most complete midfielder: Jenas rises to the occasion.....