R. Rosales 56'
N. Chadli 64'
____

3-3
____

Tottenham
P. Wisgerhof (OG) 12'
Defoe 47',59'    

UEFA Champions League Group A - Tues 7th Dec 2010 - KO 19:45 GMT - Ground: De Grolsch Veste

07-12-2010 - FC Twente Enschede 3-3 Tottenham Goals :: χΙΔΕΟ ΞΑ RuTube
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 09:59:39 PM by Biggs »

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: FC Twente v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 06:47:30 PM »
Gomes, Corluka, Gallas, Bassong, Assou Ekotto, Krancjar, Jenas, Palacios, Bale, Defoe, Pavlyuchenko. So Harry has made changes which you can see why with a derby against hated rivals Chelsea on sunday. Good to see Corluka and Krancjar both getting run outs and Modric misses out with the Flu. Lets hope Defoe bags himself a goal and gets his season kick started! This will be a tough game even though we have qualified and we have a massive game against Chelsea on sunday i do think it will be really good if we top the group for financial reasons   and to hopefully get a decent draw next round. COYS

Offline OL'BOLTY

Re: FC Twente v Tottenham
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 09:37:09 PM »
 :dance:
EL PRESIDENTE

Offline Tony123

• Hero: Hoddle
Re: FC Twente 3-3 Tottenham
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 10:03:45 PM »
Tottenham top of the so called hardest Group !!!!  bring on the next round

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 12:27:35 AM »
I think the real ref for this game must have been tied up in his hotel room. That must have been an impostor!

Great topping the group though!
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 01:22:33 AM »
Yes, the officiating was ridiculous at best. The free kick Twente scored from was taken beautifully. However, there never should have been a free kick in the first place. The player fell down - untouched. Simply lost his footing. That was terrible. BAE's penalty was harsh but I can deal with that. Jenas 2nd yellow was also understandable to a degree but entirely unnecessary. Just add the injury time and tell the manager to get on with it. Now JJ is unavailable for the next game, although I suppose we'll have a T-Hudd / Modric central midfield by February. There were many other dubious fouls awarded over the course of the game. Most notably in injury time when we were twice prevented from going forward. The Twente player laying down in his box while we were attacking at the other end was simply unacceptable. Now THAT deserved a yellow card.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 10:59:15 AM »
We cant keep a clean sheet! We are so good going forward anjd play such an exiting attacking game but we wont get 4th or progress further in the Champions League if we cannot keep a clean sheet. This is a major problem now, but aside from that i am so happy we have qualified from our group and also as the group winners! Who would have thought it a year or 2 ago that we would be here? Where are all the Ars*nal, chelsea etc fans now eh? I dont hear them today at work! Good to see Jermain bag a couple aswell! I cant wait for the draw!!!! YID ARMY

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 11:15:28 AM »
Good performance by the likes of corluka, niko, pav and defoe, lennon etc.  Bale was strangely reserved and not one of his better games. Does anyone feel we are riding a our luck a little? If it wasnt for the ineptitude of the fat waiter and some baffling decisons on his part with regard to his line-ups would we really have topped this group? We cant keep a clean sheet? Gomes is still a liability and Harrys rotation of the strikeforce is infuriating. He never gives Pav a full game. I thought he was excellent first half and his link up play and movement was better than Defoe's first half by some margin. He always takes him off or gives him a 20 minute or even 10 minute window as a sub when we are losing. If crouch and defoe starts he sacrifices defoe to bring him on?Wtf our best striker for the 1 trick beanpole pony.? I just feel we are riding our luck with goals we are conceding and Harry hasnt a clue when it comes to his best frontmen. I delighted we topped the group but cant help feeling lady luck was on our side. The real test will be in the Prem longterm and we will get found I suspect sooner or later.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 06:11:19 PM »
cleansheets are not that big a deal..... we have washing-machines nowadays..

but the fact we are hugely likely to concede goals after we take leads is a worry..... 3 times in 1 match, as well as in other games..

all SHOULD be corrected when we get in a proper counter-attacking central-striker as a belated Xmas present...