SpursNetwork

Ars*nal 2-3 Tottenham

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: Ars*nal 2-3 Tottenham
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2010, 06:26:37 PM »
ugly..

1) we dont have a specific defensive-midfielder.... if we did then the midfield would swiftly become a diamond (1 DM 1 AM and 2 slightly wide) which it so obviously isnt....

in our system we use 2 CM who actually have to both defend and support the attack.... and Modric was even more ineffective than Jenas at that, if you wannna compare defensive displays of the 2 CMs..

2) by your own admission, you thought Jenas had a good game overall... but isnt that yet another good game this season to add to Blackbym, Villa, Bremen, Inter (both games 2nd half), etc.... not to mention the great spell of consistent play for the 4 month period after Arry 1st joined (when he and Palacios were the CMs).... you can hardly count last season's limited games as he was virtually injured the whole time...

so I ask you again.... where is this fanciful period of games you keep mentioning.... when Jenas has been regularly inconsistent.... and by that, I mean more so than other players like THudd or Modric (who presumably play amazing games every single game, no doubt)...

epic fail on both counts.......you  really must examine your Jenas attack-ploys more studiously...

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2010, 06:47:14 PM »
Went away with the family to the mountains for the weekend. I was pretty bummed because I knew that I would have to miss the Ars*nal game (and Colts/Patriots tomorrow). When we arrived I discovered that our cabin is equipped with sattelite TV and wireless internet. SCORE! I awakened at 6am and watched the match with the entire family set to a gorgeous panoramic backdrop. My mood was pretty dark after the opening horror goal but we kept the faith and it has become a glorious all day celebration! COME ON YOU SPURS!!! The best part was when my brother-in-law watching his first Spurs game called Kaboul's goal. When VDV lined up thee free kick he said, "that big thick dude with the yellow cleats oughta be able to muscle those little bitches and head this one in..." BOOM! I think the whole mountain heard about it. I had to watch my language cuz of the kids but I had to do a lap around the cabin. GLORIOUS! And Rafa had his hand in all three goals - "completely ineffective" my ass! Loved it when he told the stunned crowd to shut up and sit down. I'll take that yellow card anyday. Thought Harry's decisions were spot on and well timed. What a day! 
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2010, 06:52:48 PM »
Gareth, we know you're devastated that Ars*nal lost today but do try and keep in mind that the rest of us support Spurs on this forum!
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2010, 07:19:17 PM »
Hoo boy, Ted's gonna be pissed at this. :lol:

Although he simply follows teams with Dutch players, so he actually doesn't mind Spurs.

COYS!!!

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 07:21:25 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2010, 08:08:39 PM »
Was working today so sky-plussed the game to watch later. Most difficult thing is to manage to get home without friends or family or phone filling me in on the result and spoiling the game for me. Manged to remain in suspense and watch the game which felt almost "live" and man was it worth it. Great spirit for the comeback and I am absolutely delighted for Gallas as he was immense. Glad to see him answer the boos with a motm performance. Watching le paedo throw his water bottle on the turf was priceless. Roll on champs league

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2010, 08:15:04 PM »
Was working today so sky-plussed the game to watch later. Most difficult thing is to manage to get home without friends or family or phone filling me in on the result and spoiling the game for me. Manged to remain in suspense and watch the game which felt almost "live" and man was it worth it. Great spirit for the comeback and I am absolutely delighted for Gallas as he was immense. Glad to see him answer the boos with a motm performance. Watching le paedo throw his water bottle on the turf was priceless. Roll on champs league

Heh, even after Wenger requested that they not boo him? Real classy, Ars*nal fans. ::)

It is good, though, when players turn negatives like that into positives. :)

:coys:

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2010, 08:49:42 PM »

I actually felt a bit sorry for Wenger when it showed him kneeling down on the side of the pitch.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline bigv

« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2010, 09:49:10 PM »

Bugger wouldnt shake arrys hand either. What a complete Knob!! Ha Ha ha

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2010, 10:30:46 PM »
Really? I didn't know that. Haha that clip is hilarious.

Offline bigv

« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2010, 12:29:48 AM »
No I was mistaken. He did shake arrys hand. Still a knob though.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2010, 05:48:47 AM »
I got to the gym just before half time and saw the scoreline, was hoping for a draw at best then I thought if we could come back and win 2-3 what a result that would and carried on training.

Then in between sets I checked the score 2-1, 2-2 then the gym got rattled by my loud aggressive "f***in yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees" when Kaboul popped up with a trade mark header and made it 2-3. 

That 5 minutes stoppage time went on for ever! 

Gallas played well, I maybe have been wrong about him which if so is great for THFC a few more games needed though!

Lets move on from this result now we need to build some consistancy!!!!!!

Proud of the lads !!!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline OL'BOLTY

« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2010, 10:41:10 AM »
Watching MOTD, would love to see N'Zogbia at Spurs, offers far more than the Leeds midget.
I appreciate that Lennon isn't match fit but was hugely disappointed with his 'contribution' yesterday.
Still, WE WON!  :dance:
EL PRESIDENTE

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2010, 11:34:10 AM »
Just reading these comments is making me sit here so hungover but with a giant smile on my face! Wilson - Sounded like a quality mate, the family, beautiful scenery and having your brother predict the third goal, running round the cabin! Priceless. I went out last night and got hammered and at every possible moment gloated about the result and rubbed it in every Ars*nal (and chelsea) fans face! I couldnt stop myself, im 22 and when we last won away at there place i was 5 so i dont have any memories of that! My throat is so soar from shouting and ive completely lost my voice, screaming and dancing around in a packed pub in Bristol with loads of Spurs and more Ars*nal! This result is right up there with the best of them, what a f**king amazing comeback, you just couldnt write this s**t! Enjoy it my friends, and i know we will be seeing more of this in years to come! YID ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline OL'BOLTY

« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2010, 12:05:02 PM »
Watching MOTD, would love to see N'Zogbia at Spurs, offers far more than the Leeds midget.
I appreciate that Lennon isn't match fit but was hugely disappointed with his 'contribution' yesterday.
Still, WE WON!  :dance:

S'pose it's those soddin' 'go faster stripes' that really piss me off.....
EL PRESIDENTE