SpursNetwork

Ars*nal 2-3 Tottenham

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: Ars*nal v Tottenham
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 02:21:01 PM »
I want a club with a coach who believes in developing young talent oversimply opening the chequebook and  buying ready-made players for meaningless 'success'....

if Wenger does it this season in the days when the likes of Chavski and now Abu Dhabi County think they can stick 2 fingers up at SPORT...and turn the Prem title into just a sleazy little auction, then I will be well happy...

if it means Spurs lose out by a point for Top4, then so be it..

Principles before expediency..... every single time.

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 03:16:08 PM »
Back on topic.

I think if we are going to get anything from this game we should be targeting there two centre halves,who by the looks of things will be Djourou and Squillaci...Djourou is brutal and a ageing Squillaci is not much better..I would start with Crouch and Pav if he's fit to play..i know it's not the way we play, but i would be trying to hit our strikers at every opportunity...there defence is not great..Bale should have the beating of  Sagna all day..he's not the best right-back around...good quality ball up to and into Crouch and hopefully Pav from the wings is the key for me...these two are excellent at holding the ball up for us also...we are not going to beat them at their game thats for sure..we ave to get the ball up in their half and make it stick..the further away from our goal the better..obviously!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 03:19:08 PM by Derry-Yid »
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 04:01:32 PM »
I totally disagree about Djourou cos I rate him as 1 of the best young upcoming CBs in world football.... the guy has everything except experience which he would have got last season but for longterm injury..

but I agree with you on tactics of playing Crouch n Pav for this 1..... and therefore leaving vdV on the bench..

still think that we will struggle to get the ball outta our own half for most of the game...

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 05:51:48 PM »
but I agree with you on tactics of playing Crouch n Pav for this 1..... and therefore leaving vdV on the bench..

still think that we will struggle to get the ball outta our own half for most of the game...

And play Jenas instead eh Gareth.... leave out the one player who's on fire, a world class attacking midfielder who's scoring regular goals for the team....... un f**king believeable !!!!!!!!!

Nurse Nurse Gareth's forgotten to take his medication again theres nothing for it now but to do a full frontal labotomy... that should stop him spouting s**t !!!!!

8D
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 06:03:01 PM »
Ugly..

so youre answer to Ars*nal's 5 in midfield is to drop Jenas so that you can play Modric with vdV in the centre-midfield instead....

sure thats not TOO defensive now ??  :2funny:

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 06:58:57 PM »
One thing I can say with some confidence is that the game is not going to end 0-0. There's no point trying to set us up defensively. We need to go forward and hope to score more than they do.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2010, 01:49:03 PM »
I'm feeling real confident about this today.

I think we can get a result tomorrow.

tbh Ars*nal haven't been playing to great over there last couple of home games... and we have shown recently in the big matches we turn it on.

I think vdv will play a big part tomorrow and i think he will be really up for it considering its his first NLD.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2010, 03:21:56 PM »
I think this game will be the easiest for Ars*nal for the last 2-3 seasons.... vdV if played will prove a liability for this one..

if we play Crouch with Pav upfront, and have Crouch drop off into the hole, then I think we have a chance.... but then that probably means vdV playing RM instead of Lennon, and we will leave Hutton isolated on the counter after vdV saunters upfield and central..

easy Arse win I'm afraid...

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2010, 04:04:37 PM »
Personally i think Palacios needs to play tomorrow. We need someone in there to get stuck in.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2010, 04:16:53 PM »
                        Gomes

Hutton        Gallas      Kaboul         BAE

Lennon        Palacious    Modric      Bale

Van der Vaart

Crouch

I would guess we will line up something like this not sure if Lennons fit, so maybe Bentley on the right. (OK Gareth pick holes in this line up with your superior footballing knowledge !!)

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2010, 04:28:11 PM »
you really are getting desperate now I sense.... since when has Arry played Palacios ahead of Jenas in big games recently.... or even... ever ??..... and doesnt a certain player we all know do rather well against the Arse for some reason ??...

2-0 to me methinks there...

still easy win for the home team... Arry will play vdV even tho deep down he knows its the wrong choice...

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2010, 05:02:02 PM »
you really are getting desperate now I sense.... since when has Arry played Palacios ahead of Jenas in big games recently.... or even... ever ??..... and doesnt a certain player we all know do rather well against the Arse for some reason ??...

2-0 to me methinks there...

still easy win for the home team... Arry will play vdV even tho deep down he knows its the wrong choice...

When modric was playing left mid, who was the 2 in the centre Gareth?

Suggesting a player who gets stuck in and who is actually good defensively, so we can get the best out of our attacking players, is hardly desperate. It's common sense, because it will give us far better balance.

I feel if Jenas starts with Modric, we will get over run in midfield. But with Modric and Palacios i will have far more confidence.

and lets face it, harry will not pick Jenas over modric,  when has Arry played Jenas ahead of Modric in big games recently.... or even... ever ??.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 05:06:46 PM by Biggs »

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2010, 09:41:11 PM »
I agree that Arry will play Modric as much as possible.... but not for the reasons you slavishly give..

the dillusion that Modric is a good CM is better to foster, at least til January, then to play Jenas regularly.... if you get beaten the fans wont grumble with that.... Arry likes to have the white-van men on his side (just ask Ghaly and his 'substitution; by Arry)....

thats why Palacios will probably not play, as Arry will pick Modric-Jenas instead... which actually isnt too bad, as long as you sub Modric after 70mins..

the reason why we will lose, and I think lose heavily 2moro, is because Arry will also play vdV.... which in THIS game will be pure suicide... just wait and watch what happens...

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2010, 05:15:51 AM »
White van men?

i think palacios might play but his form is not as good as Jenas unfortunately. Its either Modders dropped for 442 with Jenas VdV middle or with Modders and VdV on the right as Lennon is injured.

Or maybe Sandro but i doubt 'Arry will trust Sandro in this huge match. 

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2010, 08:34:52 AM »
Ars*nal centre-back Laurent Koscielny is available after serving a two-game ban for his red card against Newcastle.
Midfielder Jack Wilshere has been passed fit after recovering from the back problem he picked up at Bolton.
Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe returns to the squad after ankle surgery, and could win a place on the bench.
Aaron   Lennon may make his comeback from a hamstring problem, but fellow   midfielder Niko Kranjcar is doubtful with a calf injury.

The Manchester derby may have disappointed but it is hard to imagine a   bore draw in the 147th league meeting of these north London rivals. The   last six encounters in league and cup have produced a total of 25 goals,   including a memorable 4-4 draw at the Emirates two years ago.

Ars*nal know a win will take them top of the table for the first time   since March, increasing the pressure on Chelsea when they kick-off   against Birmingham. Tottenham have not won on Gunners soil since 1993   but they did end a decade-long wait for a league win against Arsene   Wenger's men when the sides met in April.
Both sides looks   defensively vulnerable. Ars*nal remain without Thomas Vermaelen, while   injuries to Ledley King and Michael Dawson have robbed Spurs of their   first-choice centre-backs. Their continued absence has meant William   Gallas has played a key role - he was released by Ars*nal this summer   after the club claimed his contract demands were "extravagant", but his   experience could prove invaluable for the visitors.
Tottenham   boss Harry Redknapp appears to have decided attack is the best form of   defence judging by his line-up against Blackburn last weekend, when two   orthodox strikers (Peter Crouch and Roman Pavlyuchenko) were supported   by an attack-minded midfield of Rafael van der Vaart, Gareth Bale, Luka   Modric and Jermaine Jenas.
While Redknapp will be wary of   Ars*nal's counter-attacking threat, he could be emboldened by   Newcastle's victory at the Emirates a fortnight ago, when the Magpies   surprised many by starting with two up front.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?