SpursNetwork

Spurs supporters in boardrooms; what do you think?

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Spurs supporters in boardrooms; what do you think?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 01:02:10 AM »
I think having a fan in the boardroom is a step in the right direction. This person should come from a pool of season ticket holders that have held their ticket for at least 5 years. They should also have to be voted for by other spurs members and should be voted on every season or two. (the same person can be selected again if they are doing a good job). A simple CV and video on the website would be enough.

What would their role be?

Well I agree that they will not and probably should not have any direct power in decisions over key issues, such as finance, players, managers etc. They wouldn't even need to be at every board meeting, however, they should be invited to specific meetings where they would be able to bridge the huge divide between the extremely aloof board and the supporters. They should be expected to express concerns by the fans over certain areas, so those views were at least directly heard and taken into consideration. They should also be able to share what was discussed during these meetings and help the fans, which are usually left in the dark, with some important information regarding the club. This would provide a needed layer of confidentiality, the board would not want every discussion made public. This person could at least be given the opportunity to ask the questions which the media too often neglect to ask. The board can decide how to answer these questions, but they should be expected to give some sort of response.

It won't solve all the problems we have, but it would be worth trying.
Maybe next year...

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 02:23:17 AM »
The tottenham Hotspurs supporters trust is the closest thing.

They Meet three times each year with the Board of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club to discuss the key issues affecting Spurs fans

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 04:46:11 PM »

They Meet three times each year with the Board of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club to discuss the key issues affecting Spurs fans

And how do you join them? Or can you?
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Spursx

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 07:45:11 PM »
I think having a fan in the boardroom is a step in the right direction. This person should come from a pool of season ticket holders that have held their ticket for at least 5 years. They should also have to be voted for by other spurs members and should be voted on every season or two. (the same person can be selected again if they are doing a good job). A simple CV and video on the website would be enough.

What would their role be?

Well I agree that they will not and probably should not have any direct power in decisions over key issues, such as finance, players, managers etc. They wouldn't even need to be at every board meeting, however, they should be invited to specific meetings where they would be able to bridge the huge divide between the extremely aloof board and the supporters. They should be expected to express concerns by the fans over certain areas, so those views were at least directly heard and taken into consideration. They should also be able to share what was discussed during these meetings and help the fans, which are usually left in the dark, with some important information regarding the club. This would provide a needed layer of confidentiality, the board would not want every discussion made public. This person could at least be given the opportunity to ask the questions which the media too often neglect to ask. The board can decide how to answer these questions, but they should be expected to give some sort of response.

It won't solve all the problems we have, but it would be worth trying.

Very sound arguments. I suppose everything is well worth a try.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2014, 11:47:10 PM »

All the info is here - https://www.thstofficial.com

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 01:01:47 PM »

All the info is here - https://www.thstofficial.com

Thanks for that. I appreciate it.

I've Just joined, thanks. :up:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 01:25:26 PM by Voice »
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Don

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 05:32:45 PM »
Howdy folks,

Should fans be brought into the boardroom? I remember when the likes of Harmer, White and the list goes on were just considered serfs. They were there to serve their masters and the fans were nothing other than chicken fodder. I also remember when Spurs were called the “Bank of England” back in the 60s. How things have changed. A player or a supporter got roughly the same wage and that was that. Now the players are millionaires and throw fits, while the supporter has also come up in the world. It was pennies to see a football team at one time. Now you pay a fortune to watch millionaires lose to the likes of WBA and Newcastle, and we should be content. I would imagine if they did have a fan on the board it would be for cosmetic reasons, while the real strings are pulled by the millionaire owners. Over the years I have seen many wonders and changes, this idea, amongst many, is just another one. My question is, will it change anything on the field? Fans have always been taken for granted and will always be taken for granted. But that is just my view so I would be interested to hear what others think?

Offline Spursx

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 07:20:04 PM »
Howdy folks,

Should fans be brought into the boardroom? I remember when the likes of Harmer, White and the list goes on were just considered serfs. They were there to serve their masters and the fans were nothing other than chicken fodder. I also remember when Spurs were called the “Bank of England” back in the 60s. How things have changed. A player or a supporter got roughly the same wage and that was that. Now the players are millionaires and throw fits, while the supporter has also come up in the world. It was pennies to see a football team at one time. Now you pay a fortune to watch millionaires lose to the likes of WBA and Newcastle, and we should be content. I would imagine if they did have a fan on the board it would be for cosmetic reasons, while the real strings are pulled by the millionaire owners. Over the years I have seen many wonders and changes, this idea, amongst many, is just another one. My question is, will it change anything on the field? Fans have always been taken for granted and will always be taken for granted. But that is just my view so I would be interested to hear what others think?

As I said in another post, we should give it a go, but millionaire owners will always be pulling strings whether we have fans or not on the board.