SpursNetwork

Swansea v Tottenham

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Swansea v Tottenham
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2014, 07:29:31 AM »
Voice I think what you have to accept is under AVB's guidance the wheels well and truly fell off and as time went on it was getting worse, unless a miracle occurred 4th spot was just not going to happen.

I am disappointed things didn't work out under AVB he showed promise and then it all went horribly wrong.  Time to move on TS is at the helm and we do look so much better, we are winning, scoring, creating and our supporters are once again enjoying watching Spurs.

It is about getting success and winning trophies but only 1 team can win each trophy! If supporters start getting fed up and are not entertained they stop going to matches revenue falls and investment in the team and club will then drop, its a vicious circle.

If we are going to loose at least loose with style and entertain our supporters and not get steam rolled and embarrassed as has happened too many times this season.

We have some light at the end of the tunnel to aim for under TS where as in AVB's latter days it was bloody bleak we all lived in hope that the next match would be the one things turned around but I feel if we were honest with ourselves we all new it was game over too much behind the scenes IMO.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2014, 07:50:46 AM »
Well Voice lets see how TS does then shall we because at the moment we are on course to finish in the top four, which is more than what we were with your 'chosen one' AVB in charge.
On the first part let us hope you are right (that we finish in the top 4). On the second part; that is based on your dislike of him and not known facts. In other words we shall never now know the answer.
You do realise that the steady uncreative boring crap that AVB served up has cost us 4th at the moment due to his lack of attacking play and goal scoring coupled with a 5-0 and 6-0 defeat so as many proper Spurs fans will agree lets have some flair,excitement and style and also finish in the top four. If we don't finish top 4 then at least we will have been entertained along the way and had a great journey for a Spurs fan you really don't get it do you .... 
Sod the flair, I want results, trophies and the league titles. If we can do that with flair; great. But what is important are trophies and titles first.
As for losing 5-0 nil. We were two down and could have recovered until Palinho was sent off. Six nil wasn’t that much of a disgrace seeing as the league leaders got beaten 6-3 in the fortress City (who, I might add are the best team in the league and probably will win top spot).
I go to Spurs to see them win. The used to call Ars*nal “boring, boring Ars*nal” but look what they won. They call us stylish Spurs; and what did we win? Feck all. Give me “boring, boring Spurs” and trophies any day to stylish nothing.
Audere est Facere .... Too Dare is to Do, that's whhat Spurs is all about !!!!
Exactly; “To Dare is to do”; and to do is win trophies, not to entertain with nothing to show for it.

I think you will find that virtually all the trophies that we have ever won were won by us playing entertaining football. Nicholson, Burkinshaw, Venables. I dont really remember us winning anything playing boring football.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 08:35:56 AM by RSS61 »

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2014, 08:30:31 AM »
Well Voice lets see how TS does then shall we because at the moment we are on course to finish in the top four, which is more than what we were with your 'chosen one' AVB in charge.
On the first part let us hope you are right (that we finish in the top 4). On the second part; that is based on your dislike of him and not known facts. In other words we shall never now know the answer.
You do realise that the steady uncreative boring crap that AVB served up has cost us 4th at the moment due to his lack of attacking play and goal scoring coupled with a 5-0 and 6-0 defeat so as many proper Spurs fans will agree lets have some flair,excitement and style and also finish in the top four. If we don't finish top 4 then at least we will have been entertained along the way and had a great journey for a Spurs fan you really don't get it do you .... 
Sod the flair, I want results, trophies and the league titles. If we can do that with flair; great. But what is important are trophies and titles first.
As for losing 5-0 nil. We were two down and could have recovered until Palinho was sent off. Six nil wasn’t that much of a disgrace seeing as the league leaders got beaten 6-3 in the fortress City (who, I might add are the best team in the league and probably will win top spot).
I go to Spurs to see them win. The used to call Ars*nal “boring, boring Ars*nal” but look what they won. They call us stylish Spurs; and what did we win? Feck all. Give me “boring, boring Spurs” and trophies any day to stylish nothing.
Exactly; “To Dare is to do”; and to do is win trophies, not to entertain with nothing to show for it.

I think you will find that virtually all the trophies that we have ever won were won by us playing entertaining football. Nicholson, Birkinshaw, Venables. I dont really remember us winning anything playing boring football.

Hear Hear !! My sentiments entirely RSS, I couldn't agree more!!   :up: :up: :up:

:SN:[font

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2014, 09:03:20 AM »

I think you will find that virtually all the trophies that we have ever won were won by us playing entertaining football. Nicholson, Burkinshaw, Venables. I dont really remember us winning anything playing boring football.

Bloody good point RSS I think that sums up and closes the debate lol

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2014, 09:10:07 AM »
            I'll lay even money it doesn't cos' a certain person will not be able to help himself, he has to have the last word!! ::) ::)

:up: :up: :up:
:SN:[font

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2014, 10:25:14 AM »
Well at least my faith in the majority of Spurs fans has been strenghthen knowing that playing with some style and entertainment is still important.... thanks guys !!
As for you Voice you may have the last word as you always seem to do but at least we all know that you are wrong.... have you considered changing your allegencies to another team to fulfill your desires !!!
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2014, 11:21:16 AM »
I think everybody's entitled to their opinion. No need to get personal, lads.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2014, 05:34:40 PM »
I think you will find that virtually all the trophies that we have ever won were won by us playing entertaining football. Nicholson, Birkinshaw, Venables. I dont really remember us winning anything playing boring football.
And how many of those got us into the top 4? Yes, Nicholson did and won us the double. In fact he was the last one who had won us the league title; over 50 years ago. Birkinshaw won us FA Cups (2), UEFA Cup (1). Venables won us a FA Cup. But then so did Wigan Athletic win that cup. And we mustn’t forget Portsmouth and many other lowly teams winning League and FA cup trophies. Using your words RSS61 “I don’t remember us winning the league or getting into the top 4 playing stylish football,” do you? Oh, yes… sorry, we did over 50 years ago. We spend too much time with our heads buried in the past while clubs like Chelsea, boring boring Ars*nal, City, United and Liverpool will all the trophies. I don’t care how we play football so long as we can get into the top 4 and actually win trophies; emulating Wigan and Portsmouth would be a good place to start.
Give me trophies and the league with boring football and I’ll give you nothing with stylish football; deal?
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2014, 05:35:58 PM »
Well at least my faith in the majority of Spurs fans has been strenghthen knowing that playing with some style and entertainment is still important.... thanks guys !!
As for you Voice you may have the last word as you always seem to do but at least we all know that you are wrong.... have you considered changing your allegencies to another team to fulfill your desires !!!

Why would I follow you? I'll stick with Spurs thank you; whoever managers them. Unlike you who didn't support Spurs or were critical of them because you didn't like the manager.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2014, 05:37:15 PM »
            I'll lay even money it doesn't cos' a certain person will not be able to help himself, he has to have the last word!! ::) ::)

I only have the last word if I've got something to say. Ugs has tried that trick before and the last time he said the same I didn't reply. :up:
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2014, 07:40:46 PM »

I only have the last word if I've got something to say. Ugs has tried that trick before and the last time he said the same I didn't reply. :up:

This has gone way off topic of the Swansea match, admin can you close this thread down please its done, or been killed off whichever way you want to take it!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2014, 07:55:02 PM »

This has gone way off topic of the Swansea match, admin can you close this thread down please its done, or been killed off whichever way you want to take it!

Yes, but I was responding to the criticisms directed at me.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2014, 08:37:37 PM »

Yes, but I was responding to the criticisms directed at me.

Then why not do it via PM to each individual instead of in public killing of every bloody thread?? its getting very annoying!  No one can say anything on this forum anymore without you Voice having the last say on every aspect even if the response is utterly pointless!