Swansea
____

v
____

Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 19th Jan  - KO 13:30  - Ground: liberty Stadium

« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 10:36:31 AM by RiffHard »

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Swansea v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 10:01:59 AM »
Chance to close the gap today on Liverpool and put some pressure on.

Swansea will not be easy and the result is far from a conclusion, Swansea will certainly score but I think their attacking play will allow us to open them up if we play our style that TS favours. 

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 10:44:37 AM »
Well, in August we needed Soldado's penalty to win. In that game we made 21 shots against their 7, we hit 7 on target and they had 5. But, looking at their home matches in EPL this season, I must say they haven't been anything spectacular. They haven't won any games against the big boys, the best result being a draw with Liverpool. They did beat Newcastle 3:0, though, but Newcastle have been playing rather inconsistently anyway.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 11:04:30 AM »
Well, in August we needed Soldado's penalty to win. In that game we made 21 shots against their 7, we hit 7 on target and they had 5. But, looking at their home matches in EPL this season, I must say they haven't been anything spectacular. They haven't won any games against the big boys, the best result being a draw with Liverpool. They did beat Newcastle 3:0, though, but Newcastle have been playing rather inconsistently anyway.

We need a win, expect their keeper to have the game of his life as keepers usually do these days against us.

I would like to see us steam roller them, but I doubt we will which is frustrating as we have the talent to!

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 12:51:57 PM »
We're going with 4-2-3-1 today.
Starting XI: Lloris - Walker, Dawson, Chiriches, Rose - Dembélé, Bentaleb - Lennon, Eriksen, Chadli - Adebayor
Substitutes: Friedel, Soldado, Holtby, Capoue, Sigurdsson, Defoe, Naughton
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 12:55:36 PM by RiffHard »

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 01:27:00 PM »
I have predicted a 1 - 2 win to us. I could well be 1- 3 or even 1-4 if Soldao gets the services and wakes up!

:coys:

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 04:00:13 PM »
Good result, we made the most of our chances and took them!

level with the bin dippers and on +3 goal difference, really hope 4th spot doesnt come down to GD at the end of the season that would be just our luck!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 05:18:16 PM »
Yes, a good result. I did say that they needed to win this match if they had thoughts of a top 4 place. Our next match would tell us how we've improved (or not) under Sherwood; City at home. I am not sure whether to put this as a draw.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 05:23:11 PM »
3rd and 4th spot wide open!!!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 05:50:45 PM »
Yes, a good result. I did say that they needed to win this match if they had thoughts of a top 4 place. Our next match would tell us how we've improved (or not) under Sherwood; City at home. I am not sure whether to put this as a draw.

Improved or Not your having a laugh, what planet are you on ?

We have won 5 and drawn 1 under Sherwood scoring 2.2 goals a game rather than the 0.94 under the last numpty, the football is free flowing and exciting and Adebayor, Erikson and Lennon look rejuvenated. In fact Sherwood has given us our club back just like he said he would because he knows what Spurs is all about.
Whats the big deal about Citeh why have we got to prove ourselves against them ? I know one thing we won't roll over against them like we did at the Citeh of Manchester and I think we may give them a few things to think about, we may even get something from the game !!
We all know your unhappy the numpty and his negative football has gone and you are dying for Sherwood to make a mistake so you wade in and say I told you so but after todays performance Sherwood has the best stats(in his openng 6 games) of any Spurs manager including Bill Nicholson so why even think we haven't improved !!

Things are looking up we rode our luck a little today but when we needed to we did the business and took our chances and looked good on the ball again no negative sideways sideways back and sideways.

COYS

:nods:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 06:13:26 PM »
...you are dying for Sherwood to make a mistake so you wade in and say I told you so...
Like you and quite a few others were when Villas-Boas was in charge?  :hide:

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 06:35:38 PM »
...you are dying for Sherwood to make a mistake so you wade in and say I told you so...
Like you and quite a few others were when Villas-Boas was in charge?  :hide:

Yeh but Riff he did make some big ole mistakes tho' :hide:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 07:18:49 PM »

We have won 5 and drawn 1 under Sherwood scoring 2.2 goals a game rather than the 0.94 under the last numpty, the football is free flowing and exciting and Adebayor, Erikson and Lennon look rejuvenated. In fact Sherwood has given us our club back just like he said he would because he knows what Spurs is all about.
Whats the big deal about Citeh why have we got to prove ourselves against them ? I know one thing we won't roll over against them like we did at the Citeh of Manchester and I think we may give them a few things to think about, we may even get something from the game !!
We all know your unhappy the numpty and his negative football has gone and you are dying for Sherwood to make a mistake so you wade in and say I told you so but after todays performance Sherwood has the best stats(in his openng 6 games) of any Spurs manager including Bill Nicholson so why even think we haven't improved !!

Things are looking up we rode our luck a little today but when we needed to we did the business and took our chances and looked good on the ball again no negative sideways sideways back and sideways.

COYS

You are wrong; I want Sherwood to do well and get a better contract. But to do that he has got to get us into the top 4. I hope he does it.

I don't want Sherwood to fail, however, you never liked AVB and spent every chance you got knocking him. Whoever is in charge needs to get us into the top 4.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 09:09:55 PM »
WE all want Sherwood to well as we did with AVB when he was in charge.

At times today I saw the old Spurs again. I enjoyed it very much and it continue for many years. Sherwood HAS brought back football to the club, something AVB couldn't do. Shame

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 11:25:15 PM »

COYS

You are wrong; I want Sherwood to do well and get a better contract. But to do that he has got to get us into the top 4. I hope he does it.

I don't want Sherwood to fail, however, you never liked AVB and spent every chance you got knocking him. Whoever is in charge needs to get us into the top 4.

And I was right !!!

The manager should get 100% backing by all but only if he is doing the job required, unfortunately there was never any point during AVB's tenure that I felt he was totally in control and knew what he was aiming at.

And as Joolz has said Sherwood HAS bought football back to our club something that we have always had something that we demand, forget the projects and plans I like the roller coaster ride that most seasons are !!

:up: