SpursNetwork

Tottenham v Liverpool

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Tottenham v Liverpool
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 07:20:37 PM »
I was at the match and people were booing and walking out so I wasn't surprised that he was sacked. Personally things changed when we had a player sent off; it was inevitable that we would concede other goals.

I suppose the good news is that we are in a good position for when the new manager takes over. 
We were 2-0 down when Paulinho got sent off and Liverpool were all over us they had hit the post and bar and we hadn't even had a shot on target, so nothing changed that much when we went down to 10 !!!

The next game Sherwood will be in charge so it will be interesting to see how he handles it.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2013, 02:41:02 AM »
I was at the match and people were booing and walking out so I wasn't surprised that he was sacked. Personally things changed when we had a player sent off; it was inevitable that we would concede other goals.

I suppose the good news is that we are in a good position for when the new manager takes over. 
We were 2-0 down when Paulinho got sent off and Liverpool were all over us they had hit the post and bar and we hadn't even had a shot on target, so nothing changed that much when we went down to 10 !!!

I am glad that someone thinks we are in a good position for when the new manager takes over.
        The Players confidence is shot too pieces, they have to adapt to a new game plan very quickly, we have a goal difference of minus 6, we are lying    7th in the league 5 pts behind 4th spot. Well, yes I suppose we are in a good position. NOT .

:up: :up: :up:
:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2013, 04:10:03 PM »

I am glad that someone thinks we are in a good position for when the new manager takes over.
        The Players confidence is shot too pieces, they have to adapt to a new game plan very quickly, we have a goal difference of minus 6, we are lying    7th in the league 5 pts behind 4th spot. Well, yes I suppose we are in a good position. NOT .

Who said that their "confidence is shot to pieces"? That is not what is coming out of the players camp or from any other source. Yes, they have to adapt to a new country and playing style quickly, but they are professionals. Not children. They knew what they were getting into.

As for the goal difference; I agree and I have constantly pointed this out. But we are in a good position (that is a fact). Six points behind second place. Which is two wins. We were never expected to win the league this year.

You see the glass half empty. I see it half full. Whoever takes over inherits a good squad in a good position in the league. That is a fact. And no; their confidence is not shot to hell but very good.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2013, 04:51:56 PM »
I cant disagree with anything written here . I had a bit of a barny with my brother-in-law after the game as he was calling for AVB to be sacked but in hindsight he was right .The west hamgame will show us what we need to know . I`ll bet we revert to 4-4-2 with townsend back in the team and soldaldo will finally look the part with a bit of support .The thing that i can`t get my head around is why couldn`t AVB see what the rest of could ? We`ve been average in most games and poor in others and haven`t even looked like scoring in certain games[size=78%] [/size]
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2013, 06:05:21 PM »
I cant disagree with anything written here . I had a bit of a barny with my brother-in-law after the game as he was calling for AVB to be sacked but in hindsight he was right .The west ham game will show us what we need to know . I`ll bet we revert to 4-4-2 with townsend back in the team and soldaldo will finally look the part with a bit of support .The thing that i can`t get my head around is why couldn`t AVB see what the rest of could ? We`ve been average in most games and poor in others and haven`t even looked like scoring in certain games[size=78%] [/size]

It seems that AVB fell out with Freund a few weeks ago over substitutes in the 1-0 loss to Ars*nal. Then he fell out with Adebayor after making him play with the youth team. He was asked to play him on several occasions and always refused.  These are news that are coming out now and that not many of us knew. OK, he was the head coach, but as someone mentioned above, it was clear to just about everyone what to do except him.

I put my faith in him and unfortunately I was proved wrong. The Liverpool game was an absolute nightmare. My Gooner mates didn't even take the pisz, they saw how serious it all was.

Can it get worse with Tim and Les?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 06:07:28 PM by spursjoolz »

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2013, 07:22:26 PM »
I cant disagree with anything written here . I had a bit of a barny with my brother-in-law after the game as he was calling for AVB to be sacked but in hindsight he was right .The west ham game will show us what we need to know . I`ll bet we revert to 4-4-2 with townsend back in the team and soldaldo will finally look the part with a bit of support .The thing that i can`t get my head around is why couldn`t AVB see what the rest of could ? We`ve been average in most games and poor in others and haven`t even looked like scoring in certain games[size=78%] [/size]

It seems that AVB fell out with Freund a few weeks ago over substitutes in the 1-0 loss to Ars*nal. Then he fell out with Adebayor after making him play with the youth team. He was asked to play him on several occasions and always refused.  These are news that are coming out now and that not many of us knew. OK, he was the head coach, but as someone mentioned above, it was clear to just about everyone what to do except him.

I put my faith in him and unfortunately I was proved wrong. The Liverpool game was an absolute nightmare. My Gooner mates didn't even take the pisz, they saw how serious it all was.

Can it get worse with Tim and Les?

Not necessarily you were proven wrong; we only know half the story. I read the same info as you had. It could be six of one and half dozen of the other. Until we here what AVB has to say on the subject we've only got second hand information.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2013, 11:02:31 AM »

Who said that their "confidence is shot to pieces"? That is not what is coming out of the players camp or from any other source. Yes, they have to adapt to a new country and playing style quickly, but they are professionals. Not children. They knew what they were getting into.

As for the goal difference; I agree and I have constantly pointed this out. But we are in a good position (that is a fact). Six points behind second place. Which is two wins. We were never expected to win the league this year.

You see the glass half empty. I see it half full. Whoever takes over inherits a good squad in a good position in the league. That is a fact. And no; their confidence is not shot to hell but very good.

Obviously the whole squad will be extremely confident after their insipid performance on Sunday, coupled with the knowledge that it helped to cause the demise of their coach, I am sure they will be absolutely BRIMMING with confidence, I DOUBT IT.
         Sometimes Voice I just wonder about you and your sources of information, you seem to be totally oblivious to anything that doesn't fit into your mindset. I said nothing about some of the players adapting to playing in a new country. Yes it is a fact that we are 6 points behind 2nd spot, that is not the problem, the problem is, if you haven't noticed, THE GOAL DIFFERENCE, we are minus 6, the team in 2nd is +21, team in 3rd is +14 and the team in 4th is +29, now you do the mathematics, and I'm sure that even you will realize that that isn't a good position.
        I, unlike you Voice am a REALIST, not a dreamer, and that is also a FACT.

:nods: :nods: :nods:

:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2013, 11:46:53 AM »

Obviously the whole squad will be extremely confident after their insipid performance on Sunday, coupled with the knowledge that it helped to cause the demise of their coach, I am sure they will be absolutely BRIMMING with confidence, I DOUBT IT.
Brad Friedel has just come out and said that the team supported AVB and the team is confident. You may “DOUBT IT” but you don’t know. I am going on what I’ve heard and what has been reported.

Sometimes Voice I just wonder about you
If you are worrying about me your mind is not on anything else and worrying about insignificant things; that must be a good thing, eh? I shall pay back the compliment and spend my days worry about you; no doubt a mutual bond will come out of it.
and your sources of information, you seem to be totally oblivious to anything that doesn't fit into your mindset.
You give me too much credit; I get my information from various sources. Which includes interviews, reports etc. Apart from their defeats I haven’t read anything negative from official or unofficial sources. Apart from a few angry fans. On top of that I am a writer that writes articles for Spurs outlets so I have to keep my eyes open.
I said nothing about some of the players adapting to playing in a new country. Yes it is a fact that we are 6 points behind 2nd spot, that is not the problem, the problem is, if you haven't noticed, THE GOAL DIFFERENCE, we are minus 6, the team in 2nd is +21, team in 3rd is +14 and the team in 4th is +29, now you do the mathematics, and I'm sure that even you will realize that that isn't a good position.
You have a great ability to ignore what I have said; I have constantly mentioned their goal problems and have said that that needs sorting out. Read what I say, not what you think I said so that you can have a comeback.

I, unlike you Voice am a REALIST, not a dreamer, and that is also a FACT.
That is excellent; I have constantly said I am a “realist” so you pick up on that and come back with exactly what I said but reversed. Brilliant come back! Full marks! :up:
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do