SpursNetwork

Tottenham 0-3 West Ham

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham 0-3 West Ham
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2013, 12:07:52 PM »

I suppose the answer will come at the end of the season if his decision was right or wrong.

I am sorry but that is a ridiculous statement to make, that is a statement from somebody who is never prepared to admit that maybe, just maybe the coach has made a wrong decision, Voice you are sitting on the fence yet again, is your glass half full or half empty?
      I am starting to warm to AVB and his methods, we are starting to play some really attractive, attacking football again, and he has made some inspired signings, but I like many others fail to understand this decision to loan out BAE, and never will!

:nope: :nope: :nope:

Just possible we dont know the real reasons behind it, the same as why we sold Caulker, or sacked Redknapp for that matter. Not all decisions are purely for footballing skill alone, or half the transfers & loans probably would never take place.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2013, 04:42:34 PM »

I suppose the answer will come at the end of the season if his decision was right or wrong.

I am sorry but that is a ridiculous statement to make, that is a statement from somebody who is never prepared to admit that maybe, just maybe the coach has made a wrong decision, Voice you are sitting on the fence yet again, is your glass half full or half empty?
      I am starting to warm to AVB and his methods, we are starting to play some really attractive, attacking football again, and he has made some inspired signings, but I like many others fail to understand this decision to loan out BAE, and never will!

Of course he may have made a wrong decision, there is always that possibility, but I doubt it. At the same time you could be totally wrong. And who are you? No offence but you don't have the experience or are in the position that AVB is in when making decisions and observing close up (and knowing all the facts). And he knows things you haven't got a clue about. Of course he could have made a mistake, but at this precise time it is just conjecture from a fan who disagrees with his decision. You who disagreed with is appointment (and stated that you didn't "like him"); now you've moved your position to 'starting to warm' to AVB. Reading what other people have said about his loaning out of the said player, and my thoughts on the matter, you are in a minority. But yes, you could be right and I am making a ridiculous statement. But at least I am in good company. I personally like to go with the facts and there is nothing out there that says AVB has made a mistake… you on the other hand….

By the way; I wasn’t sitting on the fence. I made my comments by weighing up all the angles. How do we form opinions? By a combination of experience, observations, intelligence and probably prejudices thrown in.

And finally to your comment “I fail to understand”; and that is it in a nutshell.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2013, 04:43:06 PM »

Just possible we dont know the real reasons behind it, the same as why we sold Caulker, or sacked Redknapp for that matter. Not all decisions are purely for footballing skill alone, or half the transfers & loans probably would never take place.

Exactly.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2013, 07:34:23 AM »
       I obviously have no experience, knowledge, intelligence and am totally prejudiced in my opinions.
    I should therefore keep quiet and bow to your obvious superiority and knowledge on all matters Tottenham Hotspur. You can rest assured that I WON'T and that is a promise.

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2013, 04:46:41 PM »
       I obviously have no experience, knowledge, intelligence and am totally prejudiced in my opinions.
    I should therefore keep quiet and bow to your obvious superiority and knowledge on all matters Tottenham Hotspur. You can rest assured that I WON'T and that is a promise.

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

And that is good as I wouldn't want you to do so either. Whether your opinions are prejudiced or not they should be welcomed. As for experience; you have experience as a fan and observer of what you see, however, you or I are not AVB and even though we stand on the outside booing some of his decisions we don't really know what is behind those decisions, what he sees and what has persuaded him to make such a decision; a decision that we, standing outside, may abhor.
As I welcome you voicing your opinions (whether I agree or not), I also hope that you also show me the same courtesy in allowing me to voice my concerns if I should disagree with something I have seen written; wherever that critique comes from?
By putting two sides of one reflection on an open forum it might persuade the observer/ guests to this forum to join in, in either to agree with me, or you or putting another totally different point of view into the dish of whatever subject matter that is being discussed.
So I welcome your “promise” and look forward to many more interesting and stimulating discussions between us.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do