SpursNetwork

Tottenham 0-3 West Ham

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Tottenham 0-3 West Ham
« on: October 06, 2013, 11:15:51 PM »
Enough said  :hide:

(Thought id open the topic,so you guys can discuss about the game)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 05:08:09 AM by RiffHard »

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham 3-0 West Ham
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 11:45:49 PM »
I didn't watch the game and I missed the highlights. My son said we were zhit at the back and didn't play well at all. 0-3 score v WH at home? :tickedoff:

PS: SY I think West Ham scored 3, not us!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 11:48:09 PM by spursjoolz »

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
Re: Tottenham 0-3 West Ham
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 05:08:31 AM »
PS: SY I think West Ham scored 3, not us!
Edited.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 06:04:11 AM »
Cheers,you would of thought I would of known the score as I was there :(

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 08:17:40 AM »
Well I was starting to believe we had overcome this kind of crap performance. To be outsmarted and outfought , not for the first time, by Sam Allardyce is hard to take.
What is going on with the striker situation ? 6 goals in 7 games, 2 of which were pens, so has he given up on Soldado already ?? Defoe, for the umpteenth time put through 1 on 1 with the keeper, and guess what - he fluffs it. Score then, and we probably go on to win the game.
When oh when will we wake up and realise that Defoe is never gonna be good enough ?? Same with our back 4 really, even Verthonghen had a stinker.
Its all too depressing for me. AVB says we need to wake up and bounce back. Lets hope this is a blip, and not a continuance of every seasons disappointments.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 08:18:10 AM »
       I got up at 0430 am to watch the game before I went to work and I wish I hadn't bothered, it grieves me to say that in the 2nd half we were outplayed and outcoached, quite simply we ran out of ideas. The commentator said that after the warm-up Walker apparently said that he didn't feel 100%, and it showed he wasn't his normal pacey self, galloping up and down the right side supporting Townsend, the question has to be asked if he wasn't 100% why did he play, I am not blaming Walker, far from it, there were 10 other players on the park. Yes West Ham did park the bus in the first half, and yes they did flood the midfield, but guess what they didn't have a striker, and in the 1st half I thought they were the home side not us, and before anyone accuses me of being a doom and gloomer, IF we are to be taken as a SERIOUS Title challenger, we have to LEARN how to break down these teams, because every side, with one or two exceptions, that comes to the Lane will adopt those tactics, I REPEAT, WE HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO BREAK DOWN Teams that adopt that style, because if we don't, we can forget about challenging for the Title. I know that we have a lot of new players and it will take time for them to gel, and I know that it is only the 2nd game we have lost, but it just pisses me off when we get beaten the way that we did.
          Yet again Defoe is given an opportunity to prove himself, and guess what, yet again he blows it, I am starting to believe that he is past his use by date, unfortunately.
          It is very bloody annoying!!!!!

:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:25:31 AM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 09:20:38 AM »
       I got up at 0430 am to watch the game before I went to work and I wish I hadn't bothered, it grieves me to say that in the 2nd half we were outplayed and outcoached, quite simply we ran out of ideas. The commentator said that after the warm-up Walker apparently said that he didn't feel 100%, and it showed he wasn't his normal pacey self, galloping up and down the right side supporting Townsend, the question has to be asked if he wasn't 100% why did he play, I am not blaming Walker, far from it, there were 10 other players on the park. Yes West Ham did park the bus in the first half, and yes they did flood the midfield, but guess what they didn't have a striker, and in the 1st half I thought they were the home side not us, and before anyone accuses me of being a doom and gloomer, IF we are to be taken as a SERIOUS Title challenger, we have to LEARN how to break down these teams, because every side, with one or two exceptions, that comes to the Lane will adopt those tactics, I REPEAT, WE HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO BREAK DOWN Teams that adopt that style, because if we don't, we can forget about challenging for the Title. I know that we have a lot of new players and it will take time for them to gel, and I know that it is only the 2nd game we have lost, but it just pisses me off when we get beaten the way that we did.
          Yet again Defoe is given an opportunity to prove himself, and guess what, yet again he blows it, I am starting to believe that he is past his use by date, unfortunately.
          It is very bloody annoying!!!!!

:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Total agreement Paul. Defoe, and Dawson for that matter, are yesterdays men. And we give Daws a 3 year deal. Unblievable.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 12:20:55 PM »
Lads, I think it was merely a slip-up, maybe the players were complacent and maybe West Ham wanted it more. Anyway, I don't see a reason for all that gloom and doom.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 12:33:54 PM »
Lads, I think it was merely a slip-up, maybe the players were complacent and maybe West Ham wanted it more. Anyway, I don't see a reason for all that gloom and doom.

Well I sure hope you're right Riff. Sod the International break, it always seems to come along when we don't need it.

Offline JohnLaceysDiscopants

• Hero: GLENN HODDLE
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 03:05:39 PM »
Well I have to say I agree with some of the lads on here Defoe is simply not capable of cutting the mustard how many more times do we need to see how toothless up front he is when it is 4 5 1 formation or any formation against teams in the prem .the book stops with avb on this tbh as Stevie wonder could see Defoe is all talk no substance Kyle walker should have been dropped long ago Dawson has the speed of an oap and gets new deal and he keeps playing naughton at left back when he isn't able to play there .we're supposed to have a big squad yet no one seems to watching matches as the affore mentioned would be dropped long before yesterday .

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 03:31:07 PM »
I have to agree with riff . I think our players thought it would be a walk over . That (hopefully) will be a lesson
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline a12 warrior

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 04:21:47 PM »
The game was poor West Ham played without a striker, Spurs were to narrow no width kept trying to work the ball through the same route never had a plan B.
To blame the back four is harsh, Defoe should have been taken off at half time he did nothing except miss a sitter from 5yds that the keeper saved that would have changed the game, Erikson never really cut it Dembelle played poorly, from where I am they need a fit Lennon - Sandro back in the midfield and Kaboiul in the back 4
How can you leave a 27m striker on the bench and play Defoe he cant head a ball, gets knocked off the ball, cant link the play and cant hit a barn door with a banjo time you were gone Mr Defoe. lets just hope this is a minor blip and Spurs get back on track in a couple of weeks but there are a few players who need to step up a gear if the team are to be serious contenders for the 4th spot or above.Bit doom and gloom but losing to West Ham 3-0 at home will haunt us for a long time to come :-[

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 04:30:16 PM »
When I first saw the team sheet my first thoughts were surprise. Why Defoe? To me it sounded like panic. I said somewhere else on here that the problem wasn’t with Soldado but him not being fed from mid field. I’ve heard shouts for Defoe on forums and I was critical. Defoe scored lots of goals with a different team, and against weaker opposition (in cup matches). AVB should have stuck with Soldado. Defoe got a few shots at goal but wasn’t impressive.

Saying all that we had 64% of control of the match. Overall I thought we were a better team and every time West Ham got in front I thought we would come back with 2-1 or 3-2, by them being 3-0 up  I was starting to give up.  I don’t think our performance or lack of goals were because we played too many games. Poor defending and no supporting, from the midfield, to the strikers. Soldado coming on did improve things a little. I wasn’t that impressed with West Ham. Where they are in the league they deserve it. They just got lucky.

I also thought that AVB should have made substitution long before he eventually did. Anyway, his managerial skills will be tested in the next couple of games. He’s got to lift the players up and dust them down.
I do agree with Paul Finch when he said we had run out of ideas. There was also poor passing, which helped West Ham. However, I don’t think we were as poor as he said. Sixty four percent of the game doesn’t say were poor. Of course it doesn’t say we were brilliant either. I don’t think we can use injury or missing people as an excuse; just poor selection and lack of ideas. I also though Sandro should have played.
And again I must defer to Paul Finch. It was “bloody annoy” and frustrating.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 11:06:23 PM »
I was not a good idea to drop Soldado this early in the season and Defoe does not have the same impact in the PL as in Europa. As always he need 10 shots to score one and as far as I am concerned he will carry doing. Let's keep him in the European games and carry on with Soldado. No doubt he will come good.

I will agree with the fact that we need to break down defenses and AVB has the personnel whit which to do it and time to think about it during the next week.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 07:42:02 AM »
       Voice we may have had 64% of possession, but for all that possession how many shots did we have on target, not many, how may saves did their keeper have to make, again not many, which just goes too show that most of our possession was in the back third and middle third of the pitch, we just couldn't break them down in the last third, a problem we had last season when teams parked the bus, and if we are to be serious contenders we have to learn how to do it, because there are going to be plenty of teams that are going to park the bus when they come to the Lane.
       I just hope that this is just a minor setback in our quest for glory, it is after all a marathon not a sprint.
        But as I said previously Time will Tell.

:nods: :nods: :nods:

:SN:[font