SpursNetwork

QPR v Tottenham

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: QPR v Tottenham
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2013, 07:58:46 PM »

I don't think I said "continually"? Clubs that struggle have over the years beaten championship winning teams.

Sorry if I have got the continually wrong. I picked it up from PF post

I suppose continually could be used, but depending on how you use it.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2013, 11:03:00 PM »
Joolz,
   I don't care about Ars*nal or Liverpool losing, my only concern is that we maintain our position and beat teams like QPR and their ilk languishing in the relegation zone. You would have to be somewhat naive if you think that we will not lose a game between now and the end of the season, I however am a realist, and do fully expect to lose some games, but not dropping points against sides that we should be beating.

>:( >:( >:(

I would like to thank and congratulate Southampton for the superb come back to take 2 points away from Chelsea, the third time they fail to win  AT THE BRIDGE!!  This shows that our earlier argument on how fragile we all are and how strong the bottom teams can be against the top teams in the fight to avoid relegation.

The gap has increased yes, but by only one point!  All we need now is a draw between Chelsea and Ars*nal at the week-end and a win for us at the Lane.   :up:

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2013, 06:04:10 AM »
     I have just arrived home from work and have seen the result, to say I am surprised is an understatement, but nevertheless very happy, what a great result for us. Well played Southampton.

:up: :up:
:SN:[font

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2013, 06:49:15 AM »
Just goes to show there's no easy games in the Prem. You can't just turn up and think your going to win.
You've got to go out and prove it.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2013, 06:59:11 AM »
Voice,
      Your post regarding QPR improving, I neither know or care, the only time I watch them play is when Spurs play them, and if Sat game was anything to go by, they need to improve a hell of a lot if they are to avoid relegation.
      Thankyou for your history lesson, I was perfectly aware that Newcastle beat us at home, I was actually at the game with my late Father and Grand-father, that season we lost a total of 7 games out of 42, 3 at home and 4 away, dropping a total of 18 points for the season, we managed a total of 66 pts  equalling Ars*nals 1930-31 record.   
      The season we were relegated 1976-77, Liverpool won the League, and on 9th Mar 1977 we beat them 1-0 at the Lane, one of only 12 wins for the season. I too can give further examples should you require them as I also have quite a few books on the subject, and as for my knowledge of football and Spurs, I would back it against most peoples, you are not the only knowledge-able person who contributes to this forum.
        As regards AVB, I am sick of the constant comparisons with the Rednosed Scots Twat, you are constantly using that. Yes on Sat Lennon and Bale went AWOL, but it is ultimately the responsibility of the coach and his panel to change things as and when it is required, and too often they haven't been able to do it. It is quite evident that they do not seem to have a Plan B or Plan C when teams park the bus. Most of the top coaches are able to, not all the time, but most times. This is mean't as a constructive criticism not a destructive one. Other than that I think he is doing a pretty good job, I don't think I will ever become his biggest fan.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2013, 07:01:48 AM »
Southend
    I couldn't agree more, what was it Greavesie used to say "Its a funny old game", how right he was.

:nods: :nods: :nods:

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2013, 08:00:41 AM »
Voice,
      Your post regarding QPR improving, I neither know or care, the only time I watch them play is when Spurs play them, and if Sat game was anything to go by, they need to improve a hell of a lot if they are to avoid relegation.
      Thankyou for your history lesson, I was perfectly aware that Newcastle beat us at home, I was actually at the game with my late Father and Grand-father, that season we lost a total of 7 games out of 42, 3 at home and 4 away, dropping a total of 18 points for the season, we managed a total of 66 pts  equalling Ars*nals 1930-31 record.   
      The season we were relegated 1976-77, Liverpool won the League, and on 9th Mar 1977 we beat them 1-0 at the Lane, one of only 12 wins for the season. I too can give further examples should you require them as I also have quite a few books on the subject, and as for my knowledge of football and Spurs, I would back it against most peoples, you are not the only knowledge-able person who contributes to this forum.
        As regards AVB, I am sick of the constant comparisons with the Rednosed Scots Twat, you are constantly using that. Yes on Sat Lennon and Bale went AWOL, but it is ultimately the responsibility of the coach and his panel to change things as and when it is required, and too often they haven't been able to do it. It is quite evident that they do not seem to have a Plan B or Plan C when teams park the bus. Most of the top coaches are able to, not all the time, but most times. This is mean't as a constructive criticism not a destructive one. Other than that I think he is doing a pretty good job, I don't think I will ever become his biggest fan.

Whilst I agree with what you say in general, I think that for any coach to have a plan B when teams park the bus, and plan A fails ( ie Bale and Lennon ) then he must have the player (s) needed to do this, and we clearly dont. Once more, I re-iterate. A creative midfielder is needed, one who can do what Dembele, and then Parker tried to do, that is burst through the middle now and again, and link up with the top striker that we also dont have. Do you not agree that AVB wants to play his brand of quick pass and move football, but is frustrated in his attempts in these types of games ?
It cannot be stated too many times. Levy must, must bring in the players we need, and now.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2013, 08:33:41 AM »
RSS61,
         The point I was trying to make, was that most of the Top Teams are well aware that whoever they play, whether they are teams that are struggling, or mid-table, are going to "Park the Bus" to make it difficult for them to score, and consequently plan for it,  to try and break down that "blanket defence" right from the kick-off, and as has been shown quite often, our coaches don't seem to. We as supporters know that right from the kick-off certain teams are going to "Park the Bus", we expect it, so why is it that our coaches haven't planned for it, that is what I am asking!
        I realise that we do not necessarily have the players but surely, with a little bit of fore-thought plans can be put in place, this is what they(the coaches) are paid for, is it not, or have I missed something?

::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:44:10 AM by Paul Finch »

Offline RSS61

« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2013, 08:44:15 AM »
RSS61, The point I was trying to make, was that most of the Top Teams are well aware that whoever they play, whether they are teams that are struggling, or mid-table, are going to "Park the Bus" and plan for it, to try and break down that "blanket defence" right from the kick-off, and as has been shown quite often, our coaches don't seem to. We as supporters know that right from the kick-off certain teams are going to "Park the Bus", we expect it, so why is it that our coaches haven't planned for it, that is what I am asking! I realise that we do not necessarily have the players but surely, with a little bit of fore-thought plans can be put in place, this is what they(the coaches) is it not or have I missed something? ::) ::) ::)

In that case, either AVB planned badly, or the players selected were not capable of carrying out his instructions. Seeing as we all could see what needed to be done whilst watching the match, then I have to conclude that so did AVB, and therefore the players were unable to adapt when required.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2013, 08:50:56 AM »
That is exactly what I am asking, if it is the fault of the players then we have some serious problems which need to be addressed very quickly, otherwise all the good work that has been done will very quickly dissipate. Would you not agree?

:( :(

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2013, 08:53:00 AM »
I was not trying to blame AVB, just posing a question! :nods: :nods:

Offline RSS61

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2013, 09:57:52 AM »
That is exactly what I am asking, if it is the fault of the players then we have some serious problems which need to be addressed very quickly, otherwise all the good work that has been done will very quickly dissipate. Would you not agree?

:( :(

Yes entirely. At this point in time I do not think AVB is the problem.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2013, 10:25:44 AM »
Neither do I, although I suppose ultimately the responsibility does, whether he likes it or not, rest with him.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2013, 11:28:51 AM »
Looking at your above posts (PF & RSS). I would certainly agree that our players are to blame in the QPR draw, namely Lennon & Bale well, well below par on that day. Complacency perhaps?

As far as breaking down defenses when the opposition team has parked the bus, It isn't quite as easy as that. Take Barca v Chelsea in the CL final as an exemple. One, if not the best, team in Europe failing miserably.

I have no idea what the answer is but as long as there are teams prepared to put 11 men behind the ball, it will remain difficult for any team to score wether they have a plan A, B or C.

As someone pointed out the other day, it is often easier to score against an attacking team.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2013, 12:51:46 PM »
Looking at your above posts (PF & RSS). I would certainly agree that our players are to blame in the QPR draw, namely Lennon & Bale well, well below par on that day. Complacency perhaps?

As far as breaking down defenses when the opposition team has parked the bus, It isn't quite as easy as that. Take Barca v Chelsea in the CL final as an exemple. One, if not the best, team in Europe failing miserably.

I have no idea what the answer is but as long as there are teams prepared to put 11 men behind the ball, it will remain difficult for any team to score wether they have a plan A, B or C.

As someone pointed out the other day, it is often easier to score against an attacking team.

Yes, the fact that we scored 3 at Old Trafford bears that out. More of the same Sunday please !!