SpursNetwork

QPR v Tottenham

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: QPR v Tottenham
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 12:02:44 PM »
Thank you Mr Finch for being honest and evaluating things without a pair of Spurs tinted glasses on ! I also appreiate what others are saying that we will have difficult matches and results will occaisonally go against us, but it was the manner that we played and seem to almost resign ourselves to the fact we were not going to score or win that worries me.
People need to be a bit more honest with themselves rather than just blindly defending everything and everyone Spurs !!! Maybe this only comes with age and watching Spurs for over 40 years or maybe our expectations are higher....... I don't know but it's nice to hear another sane voice in the crowd !!!!

:up:

Of course we should have won and had Hughes been in charge, we would have. We didn't play well,  Lennon & bale went AWOL for the best part of the game. Would you blame AVB for that?

I have mentioned on another thread, it isn't a disaster and I won't lose sleep over it.

Tinted glasses, I do not wear and I do not blindly defend everything and everyone Spurs and I do not go bonkers and moan everytime we lose or draw. I have been watching Spurs for the past 30 years or so, and I have been unhappy with very few of them. I have criticised the obvious failures such as Gross, Santini and Ramos amongst others.  Rightly or wrongly, I feel quite confident about AVB. I truly believe that, given time, he will do well. If that's an insane comment, so be it. I will not change what I believe in.

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2013, 12:12:54 PM »
   Why is it that when someone makes a comment that Voice and Joolz disagree with that you insist on, not only calling them doom and gloomers but you resort to being bloody insulting.

:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Please quote where I have been "bloody insulting" on here. I can once recall once to Baldbloke when he went well over the top in a deliberate manner over AVB. UGS, you or anyone else, i can't recall, or I have I got that wrong?

Freedom of speech and expression is what it's all about, but it doesn't mean that we all have the same opinons or beliefs.

Please read my previous post as well.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 12:59:56 PM »
My take on the game was this. AVB picked what is currently our best 11, so no complaints there.

If Defoe's shot had gone in the net, then QPR would have had to come out and attack, and IMO we would have smashed them.

Apart from the first 10 minutes in each half our passing and pace with the ball was dreadful. Adebayor looked uninterested, Defoe was tracking back to try and get the ball. Lennon & Bale were ineffective, and constantly changing places, never a good sign. Dawsons distribution was generally poor. Dembele did not have one of his better games. Once again we looked vulnerable on both wings, and I kept seeing Bale at RB !!

Harry knew that if they could shut off the early ball to Bale and Lennon then that would stop us in our tracks, and it did.

As for the subs, Ade and Lennon were having stinkers, so what else could he have done ?? He is doing the best he can with what we have.

We are screaming out for a creative midfielder and striker, and BAE to fire up the left side.

Come on Mr Levy. Do not delay any longer, or Ars*nal will creep up and do us again.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2013, 01:37:50 PM »
As for the subs, Ade and Lennon were having stinkers, so what else could he have done ?? He is doing the best he can with what we have.
We "lost" one substitution with Sandro's injury anyway.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 02:38:17 PM »
We "lost" one substitution with Sandro's injury anyway.

Yes, thats why I didn't mention it. I thought Parker did OK in a straight swap, neither are very creative though.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 05:14:07 PM »
Joolz,
   I don't care about Ars*nal or Liverpool losing, my only concern is that we maintain our position and beat teams like QPR and their ilk languishing in the relegation zone. You would have to be somewhat naive if you think that we will not lose a game between now and the end of the season, I however am a realist, and do fully expect to lose some games, but not dropping points against sides that we should be beating.

>:( >:( >:(

Part of the game is expecting other teams to lose so that Spurs can benefit from it. Football is not just about winning but also luck (and other results); and that can happen by other teams who are challenging our position losing. So you should care about Liverpool, Chelsea, United, Ars*nal etc’s results.

If you were realistic then you would know that clubs at the bottom have often beaten clubs at the top (who are fighting for top spot). They are fighting against relegation, or for pride or whatever but they can be the most dangerous. Just ask Chelsea (when they got beaten by QPR). When Spurs play top clubs like City, United, Ars*nal or whatever I don’t fear them as much as when we play the bottom clubs.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2013, 10:43:04 PM »
  What makes them strong Clubs Voice? I will tell you, it is because they have the ability and wherewithal to beat Clubs like QPR. Maybe you should start fearing them because if we cannot break down teams like QPR, what will happen when we play strong Clubs such as Man U, City and Chelsea, I will tell you, they will tear our defence apart and that is what worries me, because not only can they defend but they attack and finish with venom, and Voice please don't harp on that we have already beaten United, let me remind you "One Swallow does not a Summer make", or should I say "One result does not a Season make", or we have injuries, we have lost to Chelski, Arse, and City quite comprehensibly, it is not so much the result, but the manner in which we lose that concerns me, we can all make excuses for the team, which we invariably do, but there comes a time when we have to be brutally honest in our assessments if we are to be considered as real contenders for a top 4 position, and not be afraid to do so, that is not being a "Doom and Gloomer" its called being realistic. Lets not adopt the "We will be right" attitude.

:nope: :nope: :nope:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:06:13 PM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2013, 11:11:41 PM »
Joolz, My reference to you was because you are the one who constantly refers to people who dare to disagree with you as being Doom and Gloomers and Voice who becomes insulting.

:nods: :nods: :nods: :nods: [size=78%] [/size]

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 11:30:50 PM »
Joolz, My reference to you was because you are the one who constantly refers to people who dare to disagree with you as being Doom and Gloomers and Voice who becomes insulting.

:nods: :nods: :nods: :nods: [size=78%] [/size]

Wrong!  I constantly refer to people who slate our club and our manager. Difference!

I have always prefered to think in a positive manner when it comes to AVB, which is really what it's all about.

I expect us to win V ManU on Sunday, but sadly we will probably lose and if we do, you will not see me moan and complain about the result or AVB and his tactics. 

This is my club and as I have mentioned many times before, unlike some , it has my full support as does AVB.

:up: :up: :up:

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2013, 12:35:43 AM »
Read your BLOODY POSTS you do!!!!

:nods: :nods: :nods:

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2013, 06:56:58 AM »
Play Nicely now guys or I'll have to get all PC. :grin: :up: :hide:

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RSS61

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2013, 07:31:49 AM »
  What makes them strong Clubs Voice? I will tell you, it is because they have the ability and wherewithal to beat Clubs like QPR. Maybe you should start fearing them because if we cannot break down teams like QPR, what will happen when we play strong Clubs such as Man U, City and Chelsea, I will tell you, they will tear our defence apart and that is what worries me, because not only can they defend but they attack and finish with venom, and Voice please don't harp on that we have already beaten United, let me remind you "One Swallow does not a Summer make", or should I say "One result does not a Season make", or we have injuries, we have lost to Chelski, Arse, and City quite comprehensibly, it is not so much the result, but the manner in which we lose that concerns me, we can all make excuses for the team, which we invariably do, but there comes a time when we have to be brutally honest in our assessments if we are to be considered as real contenders for a top 4 position, and not be afraid to do so, that is not being a "Doom and Gloomer" its called being realistic. Lets not adopt the "We will be right" attitude.

PF you are quite right in what you say. However we are not a million miles away from being a nailed on top 4 side.
IMO we need probably 3 quality players. Striker, creative MF and a LB if BAE is not gonna be ready immediately. Then I would like to see Naughton pushing Walker at RB.  We also need Kaboul back, and then I think we would have a very good side, with some good players pushing all the team to perform.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2013, 11:47:54 AM »
     I do not dispute what you say RSS61, what annoys me is that some of the people who subscribe to this forum seem either unable or incapable of accepting that at the moment we are not, as much as I wish and want us to be, the simple fact is we aren't. You are quite right we are not a million miles away, but we are not there yet. I appreciate your support thankyou.

:up: :up: :up:

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2013, 04:53:20 PM »

Are you serious? Strong clubs get beaten by clubs that are facing relegation all the time. If you didn’t know that then you don’t know much about football. Look at top clubs getting knocked out of the FA Cup or other competitions. All clubs, no matter what their position is can be beaten by weaker clubs.

On top of that; let me remind you where Spurs was when Harry took over. Bottom of the league with 2 points (which is a lot worse than QPR). When Harry took over he changed things. As he has done with QPR. He strengthened their defence. And you are a Harry fan…  Since Harry took over they haven't been beaten yet (or beaten only once, I can't remember. Plus they beat Chelsea).

To add to that Mr Finch. Do you remember Spurs Double Season? Of course you do, you claim to have watched them… That was 1960/61 season. Spurs won the league that season. The same season that Newcastle was relegated. They beat Spurs 2-1. May I quote back to you what you said to me? “What makes them strong Clubs Voice? I will tell you, it is because they have the ability and wherewithal to beat Clubs like QPR.” Newcastle were relegated, QPR at the moment haven’t been. I can also give you more examples if you would like?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:00:46 PM by Voice »
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2013, 05:34:33 PM »
May I add that it's somewhat easier to beat a stronger team who don't defend with ten men in their box. Teams that play attacking football are far more vulnerable at the back. Take Brazil, they have always been a good attacking team but have conceded quite a bit as well.

I'm not saying bus-parking teams cannot be beaten with good players and great tactics, but as Voice said, quite often these weaker teams manage to surprise big boys. Strong team keeps attacking and attacking, they get tired and nervous because they are expected to win whereas the weaker team is quite happy not to concede and who knows, one good counter attack and the tables will have turned.

And one more thing - (yes, I've said before) - QPR are by no means a bad team, they simply had one of the worst managers of the football league system. They have decent players who are more than able to change a game.