SpursNetwork

QPR v Tottenham

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: QPR v Tottenham
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 06:00:14 PM »
I did say that this match wouldn't be easy. In fact I fear the lower clubs more than the top clubs. The good news is that Ars*nal are losing by 2 goals. Everton drew, Liverpool lost and only Chelsea and United got the wrong results. At least we are a point behind Chelsea.

That still dosen't disguise the fact that we were poor tactically yesterday and could and probably should of had 3 points and kept the pressure on Chelski !!!

:(

The pressure is still on Chelsea. Yes, a poor result but not a defeat and we are still in a healthy position. I still say we will be in the top 4.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 06:08:33 PM »
I did say that this match wouldn't be easy. In fact I fear the lower clubs more than the top clubs. The good news is that Ars*nal are losing by 2 goals. Everton drew, Liverpool lost and only Chelsea and United got the wrong results. At least we are a point behind Chelsea.

That still dosen't disguise the fact that we were poor tactically yesterday and could and probably should of had 3 points and kept the pressure on Chelski !!!

The pressure is still on Chelsea. Yes, a poor result but not a defeat and we are still in a healthy position. I still say we will be in the top 4.

I agree I think we will still finish top 4 but we are doing the usual Spurs thing and making it difficult for ourselves. I really thought AVb was starting to show something that I didn't think he was but once again I have doubts starting to resurface !!!

:-\
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 06:23:56 PM »

I agree I think we will still finish top 4 but we are doing the usual Spurs thing and making it difficult for ourselves. I really thought AVb was starting to show something that I didn't think he was but once again I have doubts starting to resurface !!!

Let us be fair; this is his first season and only halfway through it. As I've often pointed out on here Alex Ferguson was close to getting the sack and he had been a lot longer at United than AVB has been at Spurs when he was close to being sacked. I bet the United fans - at the time - didn't get their wish for Alex to be sacked.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 06:32:34 PM »

Let us be fair; this is his first season and only halfway through it. As I've often pointed out on here Alex Ferguson was close to getting the sack and he had been a lot longer at United than AVB has been at Spurs when he was close to being sacked. I bet the United fans - at the time - didn't get their wish for Alex to be sacked.

Surely your not comparing AVB to SAF !!!  8D

AVB is actually doing alot better than I was expecting and I will gladly admit it !! I have also said I hope that he proves me wrong on more than one occasion BUT at times he says some strange things and sometimes for a tactical genius (so called by many) he makes some strange desicions and substitutions. It is frustrating as for the last few games he seemed to have got things in order and sorted then yesterday well lets himself down ... at least we didn't lose !!!!

:nods:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 06:49:22 PM »
Quote from: ugs link=topic=3116.msg77551#msg77551

[color=navy
Surely your not comparing AVB to SAF !!!  8D [/color]
Actually I am not. If you compare like with like (at the same points of their careers) then AVB is a lot further out front.

AVB is actually doing alot better than I was expecting and I will gladly admit it !! I have also said I hope that he proves me wrong on more than one occasion BUT at times he says some strange things and sometimes for a tactical genius (so called by many) he makes some strange desicions and substitutions. It is frustrating as for the last few games he seemed to have got things in order and sorted then yesterday well lets himself down ... at least we didn't lose !!!!

Are they strange decisions? He has a lot more information at his fingers than we/ or you do. Maybe if he let you into his confidence they might not seem so strange. Ask yourself this; why has he got the job and not you of running Spurs?
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 07:10:44 PM »
I'm not surprised we didn't win. Redknapp knows how to motivate his players and it was evident yesterday - QPR were playing for their lives. I bet they'll get some sweeter results.

Bale and Lennon? They were nullified by QPR's defence.

All in all I would say that QPR are not a bad team, they simply had a crap manager.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 07:19:12 PM »
Quote from: ugs link=topic=3116.msg77551#msg77551

[color=navy
Surely your not comparing AVB to SAF !!!  8D [/color]
Actually I am not. If you compare like with like (at the same points of their careers) then AVB is a lot further out front.

Are they strange decisions? He has a lot more information at his fingers than we/ or you do. Maybe if he let you into his confidence they might not seem so strange. Ask yourself this; why has he got the job and not you of running Spurs?

Because I'm a newsagent and didn't bother applying for the Spurs job !!!

In my opinion I still think that he made some poor desicions yesterday and hopefully he will learn from that but I genuinely believe that the job he has done so far would lead us to expect a victory against QPR !!

:)

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, 08:30:22 PM »
Because I'm a newsagent and didn't bother applying for the Spurs job !!!
Well, if you did you could have gone up in the world…. Or down ( more likely).

In my opinion I still think that he made some poor desicions yesterday and hopefully he will learn from that but I genuinely believe that the job he has done so far would lead us to expect a victory against QPR !!

:)

Name a club or manager who was at the top who didn’t lose a match with a club at the bottom. Also; they did beat Chelsea who are third in the league at the moment. To be honest it was lucky you stuck to being a newsagent than applying for Spurs. Not only would be be relegated, but in 4 years time (if you managed to last that long) out of the league (all leagues). :lol: :up:
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 12:08:08 AM »
I'm not surprised we didn't win. Redknapp knows how to motivate his players and it was evident yesterday - QPR were playing for their lives. I bet they'll get some sweeter results.

Bale and Lennon? They were nullified by QPR's defence.

All in all I would say that QPR are not a bad team, they simply had a crap manager.

Entirely agree with you. Not only QPR played for their lives, but they also wanted to show their new boss what they could do. I doubt that they would have done the same for Hughes.

Also we were very unlucky not to score at least one goal!  :tickedoff:

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 12:25:08 AM »

Here we go! one draw against a very determined side fighting for their survival and guess what? the doom merchants crawl out of their holes! I wonder what will happen when we actually lose a game like Ars*nal and Liverpool did today!! FFS

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 12:44:45 AM »

Surely your not comparing AVB to SAF !!!  8D

The comparison is not required in view of the age and experience difference of course, and no one in their right mind would compare AVB with SAF, but I have seen SAF make strange tactical decisions and substitutions over the past 20 or so years and this would also seem to apply to Wenger and Mancini and others. In fact every manager has made strange decisions throughout their carreer, not forgetting the divine Arry. 

Yesterday Arry decided to do away with the usual beautiful open attacking football he is well known for and chose to park a double decker bus instead.  :2funny:

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 04:58:23 AM »
   Why is it that when someone makes a comment that Voice and Joolz disagree with that you insist on, not only calling them doom and gloomers but you resort to being bloody insulting.
   I watched the WHOLE game LIVE, and Ugs is pretty spot-on in his summation of the game, if we are going to be considered as a team capable of challenging for the title and a CL place we have to learn how to beat teams like QPR who insist on getting eleven players behind the ball, at this moment in time we neither seem to have the Team or the Coach capable of doing that, and by that I mean, able to make the changes that ultimately cause problems for the opposition. On saturday it appeared that both the team and AVB ran out of ideas. We became very predictable and quite honestly for a team that wants to be acknowledged as a Title contender that just ain't good enough.
   Yes we had another clean sheet, and yes we got a point away from home, it should have been 3 points not one, we are now 4th one point behind Chelsea and they have a game in hand on us at Home against Southampton, so I fully expect to be 4 pts behind them on Wed Nt. where had we have won in all probability we would only be 2 pts behind, we cannot keep relying on teams above us and just below us on dropping points to keep us in the TOP 4, WE HAVE TO WIN OUR GAMES, that way we are putting pressure on them not the reverse.

:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
:SN:[font

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 05:10:32 AM »
Joolz,
   I don't care about Ars*nal or Liverpool losing, my only concern is that we maintain our position and beat teams like QPR and their ilk languishing in the relegation zone. You would have to be somewhat naive if you think that we will not lose a game between now and the end of the season, I however am a realist, and do fully expect to lose some games, but not dropping points against sides that we should be beating.

>:( >:( >:( 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 05:31:01 AM by Southend_Yid »
:SN:[font

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 05:43:50 AM »
QPR V TOTTENHAM - BARCLAYS PREMIER LEGUE - 12TH JANUARY 2013

I have sky player on my Xbox, I can record off my xbox. I will give it a test and post my own highlights for this Forum. Starting with are next game. I'll look in to it. :up:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 05:47:42 AM by Southend_Yid »

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 10:55:00 AM »
Thank you Mr Finch for being honest and evaluating things without a pair of Spurs tinted glasses on ! I also appreiate what others are saying that we will have difficult matches and results will occaisonally go against us, but it was the manner that we played and seem to almost resign ourselves to the fact we were not going to score or win that worries me.
People need to be a bit more honest with themselves rather than just blindly defending everything and everyone Spurs !!! Maybe this only comes with age and watching Spurs for over 40 years or maybe our expectations are higher....... I don't know but it's nice to hear another sane voice in the crowd !!!!

:up: